Trial Run for Dogs in Resort Rooms

Do you think dogs should be allowed in guests' rooms?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have a few more questions- Will the Disney kennel have open spots for any pets that prove to be unable to be quiet or well behaved at the resort? It was my understanding they were pretty well full most of the year...

As others have pointed out there are concerns about horses at POR. Is Disney going to make sure that both animals are safe? Pet relief areas are near the quiet pool at YC and relief areas all over the resort at POR, is Disney hiring extra help to maintain these areas and keep the resort clean? Is there a fee if you don't scoop up after Fido? I choose to believe most pet owners will be responsible but it only takes a few to cause problems.

The first time a dog bites a guest (let alone a child) Disney is going to be sued so hard and so fast their head will spin. Even the most well behaved dog could have issues with all the extra stimuli at Disney. Whoever made this call and rolled it to four resorts at once with 48 hrs notice should be fired. Disney is currently trying to white wash all complaints online, they will not have that luxury when dealing with guest complaints directly when at the resorts.

My guess is that dog rooms will be on the first floor in the rear corner of the resort away from the lobby, rooms that seldom get booked. The rooms will be all hard flooring adjacent to the dog park/lawn area. Disney gets the positive PR for being dog friendly while filling empty rooms and there might be people who will now vacation at Disney because they do not want to leave their loved ones at home. Disney isn't stupid, they aren't going to let dogs run wild or let them impact other guests. I also don't see them expanding to all resorts or the DVC.

:earsboy: Bill

That kind of logical thinking is a rare thing. :)

Well according to the doggy relief maps, the dogs will be all over the resorts.

That appears to be the case. It appears that except for inside the pool fences and inside the restaurants, dogs will be allowed pretty much everywhere else.

Someone made a good point on this thread when they said that WDW is becoming "Walt Dog World". Dogs and dog owners first, non-dog accompanied humans second.

For me this only makes sense with respects to the cabins, the other resorts not so much...
Also I am not a dog owner, so can someone explain to me why you would want to take your dog with you to Disney World of all places?

Finally so, Disney, when can I start taking my cats to WDW?

That appears to be the case. It appears that except for inside the pool fences and inside the restaurants, dogs will be allowed pretty much everywhere else.

Someone made a good point on this thread when they said that WDW is becoming "Walt Dog World". Dogs and dog owners first, non-dog accompanied humans second.

Okey dokey.

We currently have 7 furbabies (and at one time had 13). They are our FAMILY, not breeding stock, not fosters. We sleep with them, we plan our dinner reservations around them, we have my mother come stay with them when we are gone more than 4 hours.

And I know currently none of mine would be a potential stayee on this program. But we are also a Rover.com host family, and some of our guests have been so excellent I'm sure they would be model little guests at Disney.

I still see more downside than up for Disney, though.

Certainly not making light of cancer and secondhand smoke, but some people smoke their entire lives and don't get cancer.

However, those with dog allergies WILL have a reaction when exposed to dogs or dog hair, dander, saliva, etc.
I have pet allergies. I know.

My best guess on CL is they will assign guests a pet room, but give CL access via magic band to the guests only.
I totally agree with you about the hot tub and quiet pool issue at YC. Not nice.

I don't see how they are going to be able do that. Part of the appeal of Club Level in this resort is private access to your own floor. If you book and pay for a CL room I can't see them placing you on the 1st floor and just giving you a key for when you want to go upstairs to use concierge or the lounge.

I also have a few more questions- Will the Disney kennel have open spots for any pets that prove to be unable to be quiet or well behaved at the resort? It was my understanding they were pretty well full most of the year...

As others have pointed out there are concerns about horses at POR. Is Disney going to make sure that both animals are safe? Pet relief areas are near the quiet pool at YC and relief areas all over the resort at POR, is Disney hiring extra help to maintain these areas and keep the resort clean? Is there a fee if you don't scoop up after Fido? I choose to believe most pet owners will be responsible but it only takes a few to cause problems.

The first time a dog bites a guest (let alone a child) Disney is going to be sued so hard and so fast their head will spin. Even the most well behaved dog could have issues with all the extra stimuli at Disney. Whoever made this call and rolled it to four resorts at once with 48 hrs notice should be fired. Disney is currently trying to white wash all complaints online, they will not have that luxury when dealing with guest complaints directly when at the resorts.
I couldn't agree more with your comment about whoever did this with 48 hours notice should be fired. Awful way to do business.

I absolutely hate hate this.. Its insane, this is a vacation not a pet hotel meaning for pets so their owners can go out and have fun while their pets are miserable. POOP PEE those people will not pick up their droppings. They will have that mentality of I paid big bucks per night they can pick it up. OR let them pee poop in the rooms and say again. I paid they can clean it.. Allergies, fear of dogs biting dogs and yes they can turn on a dime and you will never know who they hat until it happens. Thing is once this happens and lets say they say no more there will be some that sneak them in without paying.. Parks full of dogs.. this is a mess.. NO NO NO NO NO

I have been to Disney World 6 times in the last 15 years. So I don't go all the time. But I have gone several times. I have never once seen a dog. Not once.

Not only have I seen dogs at wdw, last year on the last day of the Food and Wine Festival (Sunday) I saw a miniature horse at Epcot. :eek:

I will admit I saw the horse while carrying my 2 Tipsy Ducks in Love and thought maybe I had two too many...:drinking1

My sister saw the horse again at Epcot not too long ago too, so I guess the horse owner goes frequently. :rotfl:

Thanks for posting in regard to that question-- though, I wonder if other guests would be adjusting their park time. Not everyone goes as frequently as you, and for what I think is the majority of people, there is quite a large proportion of time spent in the theme parks vs the resorts.

Hopefully, the people doing commando-style park touring are not going to bring dogs. That just wouldn't make sense.
I believe this to be true also. Most people who decide to bring their pet on vacation with them do it because they love them and want to care for them rather than trusting a stranger at a kennel for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter