Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

We did Soarin’ twice in a single day with CLFP and 4th FP. No problem.

We also could spread them among parks during a single day.

We enjoyed getting our top picks so easily with CLFP, but using those plus regular FPs made our days very “scheduled” with the constant question of what time is it now. If we do CLFP again, perhaps we will do just one or two days.
I think that the minimum purchase for CLFPs is 3 days. The overscheduling concerns me too.

I think that the minimum purchase for CLFPs is 3 days. The overscheduling concerns me too.

Yeah, it’s 3 days.

The ‘over-scheduling’ is why we’ve only used the program once. It definitely works for some touring styles, but not really for ours. I’m kind of glad - saves me some money. :-)

Back in January, we had to cancel our Disney trip just three days before our arrival due to my DSister-in-law’s sudden critical illness. (She has recovered magnificently.) We had no problem cancelling our CLFP reservations. The refund was on my Visa within about a week.
We rescheduled our trip for the week of April 29 and also rescheduled the CLFP days at the 90 day mark.

Does the whole room have to purchase the extra FPs or can just 1 person purchase it? My husband doesn’t ride a lot of things so I thought I might get the extra FPs for myself only.

Also, if traveling with an infant, is it correct that the infant doesn’t need a Fastpass (paid or otherwise)?

Does the whole room have to purchase the extra FPs or can just 1 person purchase it? My husband doesn’t ride a lot of things so I thought I might get the extra FPs for myself only.

Also, if traveling with an infant, is it correct that the infant doesn’t need a Fastpass (paid or otherwise)?

It doesn’t have to be the whole party, you pick the individuals.

Correct, children under 3 don’t need tickets or FPs.

Our 90 days is this weekend. I plan to drop the toy story EMM once we secure our desired paid and standard fast passes. I know this is a trial program. Am I safe to cancel EMM straight away or do I need to wait? I plan to ask the CM but I’d prefer not to occupy a slot/ have the money held up for no reason. I guess I am wondering if once purchased am I in danger of them cancelling the trial and taking them off my account.

Thoughts?

Our 90 days is this weekend. I plan to drop the toy story EMM once we secure our desired paid and standard fast passes. I know this is a trial program. Am I safe to cancel EMM straight away or do I need to wait? I plan to ask the CM but I’d prefer not to occupy a slot/ have the money held up for no reason. I guess I am wondering if once purchased am I in danger of them cancelling the trial and taking them off my account.

Thoughts?

Just my opinion, but I think the danger/risk of them cancelling after you’ve paid/planned for the FPs is pretty low. In the off-chance they did, I’d be willing to bet whatever guest recovery they offer would be compelling given the inconvenience.

But it’s not like what you’re buying requires staffing or anything extra from Disney that could be subject to winds of change - it’s just FPs - so I’d say low probability. Even if they cancel the program, going back and refunding/removing the program for those in that window who have already purchased doesn’t seem like it would be too likely.

Happy planning!

Just my opinion, but I think the danger/risk of them cancelling after you’ve paid/planned for the FPs is pretty low. In the off-chance they did, I’d be willing to bet whatever guest recovery they offer would be compelling given the inconvenience.

But it’s not like what you’re buying requires staffing or anything extra from Disney that could be subject to winds of change - it’s just FPs - so I’d say low probability. Even if they cancel the program, going back and refunding/removing the program for those in that window who have already purchased doesn’t seem like it would be too likely.

Happy planning!

thanks. thats in line with what i was thinking.

Happy planning!

My thoughts exactly. They may discontinue the program at any time but I find it unlikely that they will cancel them after they are paid. I booked mine yesterday and it was really easy to do and they collected $106.50/day for 3 days which cost them nothing so refunding it and cancelling the FP makes very little sense.

Just hit our 90 day mark today. Did all my standard and CL fastpasses with our requested times for all rides, in line with other experiences. Everything great on the site and comprehensive CM email with FP+ list. Only small caveat is that on the app the icons for my family members don't show up (just the generic mouse ears), but since all is ok on the site I guess we're all set.... and now a 80-day wait before boarding our flights, with the feeling that's a lot of time with nothing else left to plan - Disney withdrawal symptoms even before our trip :)

Just hit our 90 day mark today. Did all my standard and CL fastpasses with our requested times for all rides, in line with other experiences. Everything great on the site and comprehensive CM email with FP+ list. Only small caveat is that on the app the icons for my family members don't show up (just the generic mouse ears), but since all is ok on the site I guess we're all set.... and now a 80-day wait before boarding our flights, with the feeling that's a lot of time with nothing else left to plan - Disney withdrawal symptoms even before our trip :)
That's great! My CM wasn't quite as efficient, he made multiple mistakes while booking and then didn't send me the email even though I had asked him to. Then i didn't check closely enough on MDE and he had made errors with the booking, but luckily they were errors I could fix myself and were not on the super hard to get rides, so it worked out ok.

I purchased my CLFP$ yesterday for my Trip in early August. I purchased last year and a few observations already:
  1. The "trial" program appears to run through at least Mid August
  2. If you don't specify which 3 to book as the paid FP$ and which you want are the standard FPS; the CMs are booking the first 3 attractions that have the earliest times as the standard FPS, "So you can pull additional fast passes earlier in the day." You can override this but you need to specify.
  3. There is now a 4 attraction limit of Tier 1 selections when booking the 3FP$ + 3FPS. e.g. last year, I was able to book, Soarin, Test Track, Frozen Ever After, Character Spot, Test Track (Tier 1's) and Spaceship Earth (Tier 2). This go round, I was told I could only do 4, so I picked Living with the Land instead. I figured I'll go into MDE and change it myself.
  4. The following applies to the above and doubling up: I tried to modify LWTL in MDE to get the 5th Tier 1 and all Tier1's display as "Currently Unavailable" for booking (See Screenshot).
  5. On my Magic Kingdom paid FP$ day there are no tiers so I am able to change standard FPS to double up on FP$
I will keep experimenting and report back if anything changes at the 30-day mark.

upload_2019-5-14_12-48-47.png

Last edited:
That's great! My CM wasn't quite as efficient, he made multiple mistakes while booking and then didn't send me the email even though I had asked him to. Then i didn't check closely enough on MDE and he had made errors with the booking, but luckily they were errors I could fix myself and were not on the super hard to get rides, so it worked out ok.
Sorry to hear. Glad that at least all worked out ok!

I purchased my CLFP$ yesterday for my Trip in early August. I purchased last year and a few observations already:
  1. The "trial" program appears to run through at least Mid August
  2. If you don't specify which 3 to book as the paid FP$ and which you want are the standard FPS; the CMs are booking the first 3 attractions have the earliest times as the standard, FPS, "So you can pull additional fast passes earlier in the day." You can override this but you need to specify.
  3. There is now a 4 attraction limit of Tier 1 selections when booking the 3FP$, 3FPS. e.g. last year, I was able to book, Soarin, Test Track, Frozen Ever After, Character Spot, Test Track (Tier 1's) and Spaceship Earth (Tier 2). This go round, I was told I could only do 4, so I picked Living with the Land instead. I figured I'll go into MDE and change it myself.
  4. The following applies to the above and doubling up: I tried to modify LWTL in MDE to get the 5th Tier 1 and all Tier1's display as "Currently Unavailable" for booking (See Screenshot). Also note, that Spaceship Earth is not Tier 1 and I do have it as a standard FPS so it's also unavailable for doubling up.
  5. On my Magic Kingdom paid FP$ day there are no tiers so I am able to change standard FPS to double up on FP$
I will keep experimenting and report back if anything changes at the 30-day mark.

View attachment 400770
Wow, if they make a lot of changes like this and water down the experience at all I think it will really lose it's value! The biggest benefit is the ability to avoid tiers, if they take that away it stinks. I guess now that I think about it I never tried to get more than 3 tier 1 rides on any given day, so I wouldn't have even known this was an new issue if I had tried. They can do what they want with this program, since it's a trial and obviously it's up to them, but IMO if they want it to continue and be a success they need to have tiering not apply. Maybe they want it to be a little less beneficial so they can continue to sell it and increase the possible audience to oepn it up to others - if it was too good everyone would want to do it? Maybe preparing for the SWGE rides have fps? So you can't get both of them plus all of the TSL rides in one day? Since this is currently such a limited program I can't see why having multiple tier 1 rides would hurt anything with the program as is. I'm pretty much just typing as I think about it, haha. I'm not sure why right now, but I don't like the way this is going if this is a new change. What's next? I guess they did get rid of nighttime viewing and I didn't like it but I booked again, so I'm part of the problem....

You’ve always only been able to book 4 Tier 1s. The 3 Extra FPs can be any tier but the Regular FPs follow the normal tier rules, so you can only book 1 Tier 1 from there.

Nothing about that is any different now vs before.
You know, now that you point it out that’s obvious! D’uh! Just by nature of 3 extra FPs being any tier, and 3 being regular FPs so only 1 can be tier 1. I got all worked up over nothing!!

Also, why the heck is character spot tier 1? They have plenty of other good ones that are tier 1, it’s not like they were hurting. I mean, doesn’t AK only have 2 tier 1 rides?

I saw somewhere that there is a trial of people being able to book regular FP at different parks, it's in beta-testing. We're set to go next week so it doesn't look like that will be in effect when we're there but I'd be unhappy if yet another perk of the CLFP evaporates. It's only happening to me once, but I have to waste a FP because of that rule combined with the limits on Tier 1s for regular FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter