Just Keep Swimming
- Sep 20, 2009
I'm very much thinking what you are thinking. I think the club lounge offerings will be diminished to comply with social distancing. I probably see more value in the CLFP program now that Disney is limited FP+, but being unable to get this booked I don't know if I want to take a chance. I may change room categories and/or resorts. Or I may cancel entirely. I'm not doing anything yet. Just letting the reservation sit there and wait to see what happens with reopening, social distancing and my 60 day FPs.My 90 days from checkout was April 4th. So...probably this is not going to happen for our July 2-11 trip. With not having the extra FP's and a chance of Disney cutting CL budget; not sure I want to take the chance on a limited offerings in the club level lounge. What are your feelings on this?
Here are some quick basics on CLFP:This is exactly the information I was seeking. It sounds like there is no downfall to letting them make your regular FPs since you can do 90 days in advance instead of 60. How does this work? Do I email with my dates, times, and rides? Call and they do the FPs while we are on the phone? If they make my FPs at 90 days, can I then modify them through the app or online with my account?
I am definitely concerned with making my reservations at 60 days given the limited available people have been seeing for June. We haven't been in years (i.e. we haven't see Pandora yet!) and really have some rides we do not want to miss.
Some info that I think is worth highlighting:
- The cost of the optional program is $50 per guest per day, with a minimum of 3 days.
- Your CLFP can be booked by DSS over the phone at 90 days from your check-out date.
- Your CLFP can be any tier, but the regular FPs must follow tier rules.
- Your CLFP can be at any park, but your regular FPs must all be in the same park.
- Your CLFP cannot be cancelled nor modified by you. To make any changes, you must call DSS. This means that you cannot try to move up any CLFP in the MDE app.
- None of the FPs can overlap.
- For the days that you purchase CLFPs, the regular FPs can be booked by DSS. For days that you are not purchasing CLFPs, you can make them at the regular 60 days from your check-in date.
- This program has always been a "trial" program and we've been told that it can be suspended at any time. There is no mention of this program anywhere in the Disney website.
- The program is currently on hold because DSS is unable to make these CLFPs while working from home. Once they reopen, we will know if the program continues and, hopefully, make the CLFPs for interested guests.