Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

Will DSS book FPs at say 11:30-12:30 if I have an ADR at 11-12? I can't remember if this was an issue but no longer is, or if it is still an issue. :)
I make my CL FPs tomorrow, :scared: trying to get my plans.
I didn't think they would but I have a 9:25 at 1900 and a 9-10 FP for Toy Story Mania for each family member. I am going to cancel one of them as soon as I figure it out.

So, with a 9 night split stay at CL and with an AP, you cannot book 9 days reg FP+ and the CLFP+? That doesn't seem right/fair.

I agree. Doesn’t seem right. This was going to be our first split stay ever after 17 trips. I got a call from DSS this morning after I emailed them to confirm the issues with fastpasses/split stays/annual passes. The CM verified 7 consecutive days is the max. I am disappointed as we were looking forward to a new adventure. Oh well, we will just stick with what we know at the Boardwalk and enjoy Food & Wine again.

APs can have length of stay FPs, as long as *every* single day of FP is tied to an onsite, Disney-owned resort reservation.

A single day of FP without an onsite reservation will trigger the 7-day limit.

The problem with CLFP is that the system does *not* recognize it as a FP tied to an onsite reservation. Only the regular FPs that you can book yourself at 60 days are recognized. It thinks you have an FP booked without an onsite reservation. As such, a single day of CLFP will trigger the 7-day FP limit for APs.

So, I would recommend that if you have a long onsite stay, that you avoid CLFP, as you will only be able to make FPs for 7 of your days.
Is there a way for a CM to override this? That seems silly that someone with an AP has to choose between booking their entire stay or CL FPs.

Is there a way for a CM to override this? That seems silly that someone with an AP has to choose between booking their entire stay or CL FPs.
Multiple guests have been told it's not possible. You can ask, but this has been an issue for a year and a half.

Last edited:
Multiple guests have been told it's not possible. You can ask, but this has been an issue for a year and a half.
This is strange. I had a 14 day stay in April/May of this year. 3 nts at CTR, 6 nts at BWI then the remaining nts at GF. All were club level. We have annual passes. And we did 4 days of CLFP’s split between BWI and GF. We were able to book our regular FP’s at 60 days.

This is strange. I had a 14 day stay in April/May of this year. 3 nts at CTR, 6 nts at BWI then the remaining nts at GF. All were club level. We have annual passes. And we did 4 days of CLFP’s split between BWI and GF. We were able to book our regular FP’s at 60 days.
Does this mean they didn't book your regular FP for your CLFP days at the 90 day mark as well?

In late February/early March, we unknowingly ran into this issue, as we had a CL split stay at the end of December too. We purchased the CLFPs for both trips, for our entire 7 park day stays. For the Feb/March trip, we didn't realize until we arrived and tried to change them that the CM booked our regular FPs as CLFP too as a "work-around" to the rule. It was very frustrating, as we usually have a good success rate with modifying and moving up our regular FPs, and this prevented us from doing that. If you are open to having your regular FP booked this way, DSS might be willing to do that for you if you ask for that specifically.

We really disliked not being able to change any of our "regular" FP though...YMMV.

Hope this makes sense...TBH, it was a really confusing situation. If you search back earlier in this thread, I was posting about it in late Feb/early March because I was so shocked about it and didn't know what to do, so I came here looking for advice.

Are you a able to book the 7 days at 60 days, or do you have to wait until 30 days to book reg FP+? (If you book CLFP+, I mean)

I really don't know what to do. We are travelling with DD, DSIL and 2 grandsons. They have passes (not AP's) and want to book the CLFP+ as well. No problem for them, but for DH and me this really feels unfair!

Are you a able to book the 7 days at 60 days, or do you have to wait until 30 days to book reg FP+? (If you book CLFP+, I mean)

I really don't know what to do. We are travelling with DD, DSIL and 2 grandsons. They have passes (not AP's) and want to book the CLFP+ as well. No problem for them, but for DH and me this really feels unfair!

I agree that it's not fair...I was very upset about it when we found out mid-vacation. If you're ok with not being able to modify the regular FP yourself, I would call DSS in the morning (or whenever you hit your 90 days from checkout) and if they tell you it can't be done, tell them you have a friend who was able to get them by having the DSS CM book all 6 ( the CLFP and the regular FP) as CLFP. If they say it's impossible, I would hang up and call again later, because unless they've changed something since our trip, this was definitely how they worked around it then...and the thing is, they didn't even tell us that a workaround was necessary, or ask if it was ok that we wouldn't be able to modify the regular FP without calling them (this is the part that bothered me most...we should have been warned about this aspect...plus we spent several hours of vacation time with CL CMs and DSS trying to figure out why this was happening and what could be done about it).

I wish you luck in getting the situation worked out to your satisfaction. :)

I agree that it's not fair...I was very upset about it when we found out mid-vacation. If you're ok with not being able to modify the regular FP yourself, I would call DSS in the morning (or whenever you hit your 90 days from checkout) and if they tell you it can't be done, tell them you have a friend who was able to get them by having the DSS CM book all 6 ( the CLFP and the regular FP) as CLFP. If they say it's impossible, I would hang up and call again later, because unless they've changed something since our trip, this was definitely how they worked around it then...and the thing is, they didn't even tell us that a workaround was necessary, or ask if it was ok that we wouldn't be able to modify the regular FP without calling them (this is the part that bothered me most...we should have been warned about this aspect...plus we spent several hours of vacation time with CL CMs and DSS trying to figure out why this was happening and what could be done about it).

I wish you luck in getting the situation worked out to your satisfaction. :)

Thank you.

Yes, I agree that you definitely should have been warned. Finding that out mid trip must have been be very frustrating!! UGH!

One detail that I was wondering: Were all your FP+ created as CLFP+, or did you at least have 7 days worth of reg FP+?

Now that you experienced it, would you use that workaround again? What would you do in our situation? I would value your opinion.

Does this mean they didn't book your regular FP for your CLFP days at the 90 day mark as well?

In late February/early March, we unknowingly ran into this issue, as we had a CL split stay at the end of December too. We purchased the CLFPs for both trips, for our entire 7 park day stays. For the Feb/March trip, we didn't realize until we arrived and tried to change them that the CM booked our regular FPs as CLFP too as a "work-around" to the rule. It was very frustrating, as we usually have a good success rate with modifying and moving up our regular FPs, and this prevented us from doing that. If you are open to having your regular FP booked this way, DSS might be willing to do that for you if you ask for that specifically.

We really disliked not being able to change any of our "regular" FP though...YMMV.

Hope this makes sense...TBH, it was a really confusing situation. If you search back earlier in this thread, I was posting about it in late Feb/early March because I was so shocked about it and didn't know what to do, so I came here looking for advice.

They booked only the 4 days of regular FP for me on the day we had the CLFP’s. I booked the remaining days myself when it hit the 60 day. I had to wait for each window to open. Meaning I was able to book my 1 st at 60 days. Then had to wait until 60 days for my 2 nd split stay. Then had to wait for the 3rd stay window to open at the 60 day. I also modified my regular FP that DSS booked for me as an ADR opened up and we had to move things around.

They booked only the 4 days of regular FP for me on the day we had the CLFP’s. I booked the remaining days myself when it hit the 60 day. I had to wait for each window to open. Meaning I was able to book my 1 st at 60 days. Then had to wait until 60 days for my 2 nd split stay. Then had to wait for the 3rd stay window to open at the 60 day. I also modified my regular FP that DSS booked for me as an ADR opened up and we had to move things around.

Ahh, you were booking when they had split stays booking FP+ at 60 days from each resort stay. That may have made the difference. FP+ booking was quite different back then.

Thank you.

Yes, I agree that you definitely should have been warned. Finding that out mid trip must have been be very frustrating!! UGH!

One detail that I was wondering: Were all your FP+ created as CLFP+, or did you at least have 7 days worth of reg FP+?

Now that you experienced it, would you use that workaround again? What would you do in our situation? I would value your opinion.

I honestly don't know if all were booked as CLFP -- the reason being that we didn't happen to try to modify any of them until the we hit the 6th FP on Day 3 of our trip. I recall noticing that I wasn't able to modify our last one on Day 3 and thought it was strange, but that I must have been confused about which ones were the CL ones and which ones were the regular ones. It wasn't until the morning of Day 4, when my H didn't feel well and we were trying to move passes to accommodate for his illness, that we discovered that indeed our regular FP had been booked as CL ones (and we know this because this time we checked the spreadsheet we'd made confirming that the regular FP were supposed to be the first 3 that day, and we also confirmed it with both our CL CMs and DSS).

To be honest, whether I'd be willing to use that workaround again would depend entirely on the kind of trip we were going on and the time of year. If it were just a low key trip with me and my H, and it wasn't a super busy time of year, we would skip the CLFP. But if it were Christmas week again (or some other crazy busy time like that) and/or our D was with us (and she's all about the rides), I would still book them and try to get DSS to use that workaround because for us it would be better to have them and not be able to modify ourselves than it would be to not have them at all.

In your situation, I would take into account the time of year of your trip, as well as the ages of your grandsons, and whether you all plan to ride everything together. If there are some members of your party who don't meet the height requirement for some of the E-ticket type rides, or who don't wish to ride, but you all want agree to only do rides you can all go on together, you may find you don't need the CLFP. Also I would consider perhaps only buying the CLFP for certain days and/or parks if that would help you get under the FP limit. For example, because there are no tiers at MK, I personally think that except for the busiest of days that the CLPF aren't as necessary. But for a park like HS, where they have just redone the tier structure and made almost every "ride" a Tier 1, or for AK, where Pandora FPs are still pretty hard to get, the CLFP can be a huge advantage. For me, I think you could argue either way with EP...Frozen, Soarin, and Test Track are all considered Tier 1, so the only way to be guaranteed to get all 3 in one day is by buying the CLFP...but then again, we are usually able to obtain Soarin and Test Track (and sometimes Frozen) as a 4th regular FP just by being persistent about refreshing. YMMV of course.

Hopefully I have given you some ideas to think about. Feel free to ask me any other questions, and I'll try my best to answer them. :)

Ahh, you were booking when they had split stays booking FP+ at 60 days from each resort stay. That may have made the difference. FP+ booking was quite different back then.
Okay, so now I am totally confused. I am going again next spring for 14 days again. Doing a split stay. All onsite. Am I going to have a problem booking all 14 days at my 60 day mark.

I won't have an activated AP when I set up my CLFP next week. I'm planning on upgrading my package ticket to an AP and activating it when I get to the parks. Will this keep the 7 day max from affecting me?

Okay, so now I am totally confused. I am going again next spring for 14 days again. Doing a split stay. All onsite. Am I going to have a problem booking all 14 days at my 60 day mark.

Sorry for any confusion. No, you shouldn't have a problem booking all your FP+ at the 60 day booking window - unless Disney changes the rules again.

I honestly don't know if all were booked as CLFP -- the reason being that we didn't happen to try to modify any of them until the we hit the 6th FP on Day 3 of our trip. I recall noticing that I wasn't able to modify our last one on Day 3 and thought it was strange, but that I must have been confused about which ones were the CL ones and which ones were the regular ones. It wasn't until the morning of Day 4, when my H didn't feel well and we were trying to move passes to accommodate for his illness, that we discovered that indeed our regular FP had been booked as CL ones (and we know this because this time we checked the spreadsheet we'd made confirming that the regular FP were supposed to be the first 3 that day, and we also confirmed it with both our CL CMs and DSS).

To be honest, whether I'd be willing to use that workaround again would depend entirely on the kind of trip we were going on and the time of year. If it were just a low key trip with me and my H, and it wasn't a super busy time of year, we would skip the CLFP. But if it were Christmas week again (or some other crazy busy time like that) and/or our D was with us (and she's all about the rides), I would still book them and try to get DSS to use that workaround because for us it would be better to have them and not be able to modify ourselves than it would be to not have them at all.

In your situation, I would take into account the time of year of your trip, as well as the ages of your grandsons, and whether you all plan to ride everything together. If there are some members of your party who don't meet the height requirement for some of the E-ticket type rides, or who don't wish to ride, but you all want agree to only do rides you can all go on together, you may find you don't need the CLFP. Also I would consider perhaps only buying the CLFP for certain days and/or parks if that would help you get under the FP limit. For example, because there are no tiers at MK, I personally think that except for the busiest of days that the CLPF aren't as necessary. But for a park like HS, where they have just redone the tier structure and made almost every "ride" a Tier 1, or for AK, where Pandora FPs are still pretty hard to get, the CLFP can be a huge advantage. For me, I think you could argue either way with EP...Frozen, Soarin, and Test Track are all considered Tier 1, so the only way to be guaranteed to get all 3 in one day is by buying the CLFP...but then again, we are usually able to obtain Soarin and Test Track (and sometimes Frozen) as a 4th regular FP just by being persistent about refreshing. YMMV of course.

Hopefully I have given you some ideas to think about. Feel free to ask me any other questions, and I'll try my best to answer them. :)

Wow! Thank you!

Yes, you have given me some great insights. Lots to think about for sure. Our DD and family are coming for their first time as a family. It may be a one and done for her as the oldest DGS has multiple anaphylactic allergies to all dairy, nuts, seeds and oils. It is very difficult for her to eat out with him - she always brings his own food with her. The DGS's will be 6 and 4 and should both be tall enough to go on almost all rides.

We are going the end of Nov/ first week of Dec which is usually a reasonably slow time, but this year has the second ride at SW:GE opening during our stay. I'm not sure what kind of a wrinkle that will put in our plans. *sigh* When we booked in Nov last year (rented DVC points 12 months out) we had no idea that so many changes would occur before our vacation. But, I digress. Bottom line, I don't know how busy or slow the visit will be, but I want as many advantages as possible in order to make their trip easier and special. If it were just DH and me, it wouldn't matter much because we go often anyway.

I am thinking. that if I can book 7 days of regular FP+ as well, I would book the CLFP+ for 6 days (some will overlap) and the extra 2-3 days will ask for the 'CLFP+" style other 3 FP+. I don't know if they will do that or not. I still have a week or so before my 90 day from checkout window. Currently, I am trying to decide what and how to book these FP+. I think that I will need three different itineraries, one for each scenario. A lot will depend upon how accommodating DSS will be when I call.

Thank you again for your helpful post. It is very helpful and much appreciated!!!

I made my FPs a little over a week ago. I called once to tweak something but I was wondering if I can email them with more changes. Any time I have emailed in the past they have always called me back, so just wondering if they can change FPs over email (just no time for calls today). Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter