Treehouse Villas

Nagle

Proud Canadian
We are looking out to August 2024 and are interested in staying at the Treehouse Villas. Our home resort is AKV so we would only be able to book 7 months out. For those that book there, is this feasible to get a week at 7 months in August.
Thank you.

Probably quite easy. August is generally overpriced (point-wise) respective to demand from members. Schools are beginning, which limits many peoples travel. And those with flexibility can save a lot of points if they wait until after September 1.

I recently checked availability for this summer (July & August) and it was literally wide open. It's only 2-3 months out. Is that the norm? I was surprised by available inventory.

LAX

I recently checked availability for this summer (July & August) and it was literally wide open. It's only 2-3 months out. Is that the norm? I was surprised by available inventory.

LAX
Disney’s bookings are really soft in general this summer. There’s a reason they have so many ticket and hotel offers.

The treehouses were available at 7-months out for for all of August 2023.

I keep saying this - if those treehouses get a refurb, I think they’d be one of the best deals on Disney property and sell out fast. They look ok now, but I feel like they could use a fresh up, and that would certainly increase demand.

I keep saying this - if those treehouses get a refurb, I think they’d be one of the best deals on Disney property and sell out fast. They look ok now, but I feel like they could use a fresh up, and that would certainly increase demand.
I have the exact same thought! They aren't bad right now but a refresh will make them more popular instantly, just like SSR.

I have the exact same thought! They aren't bad right now but a refresh will make them more popular instantly, just like SSR.
They need a dedicated park bus stop , and a better pool. If the Villas@FW add a better pool the treehouses will have some competition in the same "glamping" segment.

They need a dedicated park bus stop , and a better pool. If the Villas@FW add a better pool the treehouses will have some competition in the same "glamping" segment.
Ah good point too! They definitely need a better pool. But I feel like since they are dumping $$ on the cabins at FW now, they won't do much with the treehouses. They will do the routined refreshed as scheduled but highly doubt they would try to improve anything else.

Ah good point too! They definitely need a better pool. But I feel like since they are dumping $$ on the cabins at FW now, they won't do much with the treehouses. They will do the routined refreshed as scheduled but highly doubt they would try to improve anything else.
The costs to replace the cabins at FW, upgrade the pool, etc. will be reimbursed to Disney by the sales of points at that resort. The costs to upgrade the Treehouse pool or otherwise add or improve anything would be borne by SSR owners in their MFs (Capital Reserves). So DVCMC will of necessity take the impact to MFs into account when planning any refurbishments.

Are they scheduled to get a refurbishment sometime? We're considering staying there some time for a non-park trip, and bird and wildlife watching (although we don't need to see snakes). If a refurbishment is planned, when?

Similar question to the OP but wondering about likelihood of availability for first week of May 2024. Thanks.

Similar question to the OP but wondering about likelihood of availability for first week of May 2024. Thanks.
Historically one of the least busy times of the year, at the easiest to book DVC resort, for the easiest to book room type. You’ll almost certainly be fine.

Easy to book at 7 months. When I was there in June, based on the number of cars, I had the sense that there were plenty of empty treehouses in the south end, and the north end was like a ghost town.

I'm not sure if a refurb would make a huge difference in the number of people booking treehouses. While we love them, and would go there again in a heartbeat, the remoteness will still scare plenty of people away.

I think the main impact of a still-hypothetical refurb on availability would be during the refurb, with fewer rooms available.

While I’m confident that a properly refurbished Treehouses would increase its appeal, I still think all the significant drawbacks related to location and transportation would deter nearly all potential guests, as they do now. They’re really only for a certain kind of person on a certain kind of trip.

People and I am one of them love the rustic feel of the Treehouses as they are intended to be. We were there in Oct. of 2021 and loved them, there were 6 of us. As fr as availability they are available most times for the reason I just mentioned ,they're not for everybody but those who love them ,love them.

We're hoping for May 2024 in the Treehouses. It will be our 45th Anniversary. We were suppose to honeymoon in the Treehouses but when we arrived we were booked into a Vacation Villa, a former version of SSR. So we're trying again! 🤞

We're hoping for May 2024 in the Treehouses. It will be our 45th Anniversary. We were suppose to honeymoon in the Treehouses but when we arrived we were booked into a Vacation Villa, a former version of SSR. So we're trying again! 🤞
Just curious, would it just be the two of you in the Treehouses? Our 45th Anniversary is 3 years after you, and I've already thought of the possibility of just DH and I renting a treehouse. We both love nature, are birdwatchers, and it seems like a great option for us. So if just two of you in the Treehouse, please let us know how it goes. My biggest concern is-does it feel like TOO much room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter