• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Treehouse Villas

I asked my DVC salesperson about the logistics with transportation and the pool amenities. I was told there would be a boat launch to DTD and a second dock (but to where the boat was going, she wasn't sure yet). The pool would be a quiet pool with no lifeguard, but we were of course able to use the pool at SSR. There would also be a bus area for transport to the rest of the resort...I'm wondering if only one bus area will be enough (I don't quite know the size of the THV area, but it seems too big for just one bus terminal).

We're looking to book the last two weeks in August. I know that construction will just be finishing, but I think we're just going to take a chance! I've wanted to stay there since I was a kid!:cool1:

Anyone have any other info on THV?

We are planning 1/1/10 - 1/6/10.

Our kids don't go back to school until the 7th.

When we were at SSR last week, one of the CMs told us that there were to be 2 quiet pools at THV. I had originally heard only 1. Does anyone know for sure?

We are planning 1/1/10 - 1/6/10.

Our kids don't go back to school until the 7th.

When we were at SSR last week, one of the CMs told us that there were to be 2 quiet pools at THV. I had originally heard only 1. Does anyone know for sure?

I haven't heard anything about this. My DH wonders when a map of the location of all the treehouses will be available because he wonders how spread out they will actually be.

We want to try them out, but since we already have a trip planned for this year it looks like either June or August 2010.

We don't own at Saratoga but are going to try our luck as soon as booking opens for 29th-31st August 2009! Fingers crossed for everyone!
Debsxpirate:

We are planning for early December 2010. (We're staying at Kidani Village this July!!)

We'll be looking at staying in one in June of '10. All of our points are used for this year! That should give us some time to see how transportation pans out.

We have reservations at SSR for Aug. 15-21 in a 2 bedroom and are hoping to get a tree house villa but if not will be happy to stay put."We" are myself, my husband and our 3 sons,12,15,and 23. Our oldest has 3 friends that he has invited along and it is funny how excited they are. It is almost as if they have gotten beyond too cool and just enjoy having fun. So on Feb 8th I will be one of those trying to get through Member Services. Wish me luck!

We're here at SSR right now and saw the model of a THV and the map. My guide said there will be 60 villas, and one pool but I didn't ask about transportation. The plan showed just the one pool. They look fantastic from the little model and my DS is beside himself at having to wait until 2011 to stay in one!

I will try and check out the transportation details in the next day or two as we are here for another 10 days and let you know what I find out if that would be helpful. Please bump the thread to remind me though!

They started tours for guides and other SSR staff last week, we saw a party of them go off from the DVC building today, I tried to sneak on the van but they caught me :rotfl2:

We are going to try to get one for November 25th to the 29th. We want to start at BLT on the 21st then move to THV the day before Thanksgiving to escape the incoming Thanksgiving crowds. It will be nice to cook a turkey in the villa away from all the craziness and just relax...ahhh.

Thank you Feistyblue for taking the time to provide that information and we look forward to anything else you can find out. And have a wonderful trip, I am very jealous.

They look fantastic from the little model and my DS is beside himself at having to wait until 2011 to stay in one!

This will sound silly but can you post any pictures of said little model? I am assuming its a 3d model not just the artist rendering pics we have already seen!

This will sound silly but can you post any pictures of said little model? I am assuming its a 3d model not just the artist rendering pics we have already seen!
Yes a 3D model and sure, I will go down and take some photos later.

I would LOVE to get one mid august with the DP we have for our trip with IL's - if not we will get the 2 BR in SSR. My only problem is that my PTO has to be approved for work first which won't happen until late January if I'm lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter