Travelling to the US having met the criteria to end isolation

Mkaiser1

Mouseketeer
Hi all.

The CDC say that "If you have had a positive viral test on a sample taken during the past 90 days, and you have met the criteria to end isolation, you may travel instead with your positive viral test results and a signed letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official that states you have been cleared for travel. The positive test result and letter together are referred to as “documentation of recovery.”

But what constitutes such letter? Does a signed letter from a GP suffice? Healthcare provision is obviously different over there so will this be recognised?

Thanks all.

I see this still hasn't been answered so I will summarise what I have read on other sites. Most NHS GPs won't produce the required letter, reasons given being variations on it's not part of the service and Professional regulations preventing them from certifying that you are fit to fly because that is a wider statement than you are no longer COVID positive. Private providers are issuing letters for a fee but there is a discusion as to whether they have the necessary qualifications. You could try asking your GP, worst they can say is no. If I was in your situation the first thing I would do is take a free NHS antigen test and if that comes back negative pay for a pre-travel antigen test, chances are that will also come back negative. I'm not a doctor or scientist, but I understand antigen tests tell you if you are infectious at the time of the test, PCR tests will detect any remains of the virus which is what these recovery certificates were designed for. If you need a definitive answer, ask your airline, that's who will be checking, your chances of being checked at immigration are close to zero by all accounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter