Travelling to DLP by Car

We always drive to DLP, and the one thing we never leave without is a blanket for each of the children incase they're needed in the car (ie: breakdown, delayed Eurotunnel)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2891446

icon4.gif
Car Breathalyzers are compulsory in cars in France starting the 1st of July 2012
<hr style="color:#333333; background-color:#333333" size="1"> Starting the 1st of July 2012 it will be compulsory for all motorists in France, regardless of wether they are residents or tourists, to carry a single-use breathalyzer.

These have to carry the NF label so must be bought either in France or from a shop/site that carrys them.

In France they are sold in hypermarkets such as Carrefour and Auchan for 2/3€s for 2 so it's not a great expense. They are also sold in garages and at services stations but will cost a little bit more.

If you don't have one and get controlled you will be fined 11€.

The fines will start being collected from the 1st of November so there is a 4 month period of grace.

If you rent a car the agency must provide you with a kit as well as with the hi vis jacket and triangle

Here's one from Amazon so you can get an idea

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Breathalyzer...1310604&sr=8-1

and Halfords stock them as well

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_226211

:)

ps - maybe someone could add the info to the sticky piece about driving in France ? Thank you in advance :goodvibes

pps - They recommend carrying 2 of them just in case

According to a friend who lives in France it seems that the breathalyser law has recently been suspended indefinitely.

According to a friend who lives in France it seems that the breathalyser law has recently been suspended indefinitely.

There was a report made by Manuel Valls on the 24/1 going in that direction depending on the advice of a National road security body.

We haven't bought one and I don't see us doing so :rotfl:

I think that by the 1st of March it will be dropped

Also there has been a change with P & O Ferries as you can no longer turn up and get on an earlier/later sailing for free.

There are now 2 different costing when you book the standard where you have to turn up at the allotted time and if you want to travel earlier or have missed your allotted time they will charge you extra which is the difference in price plus an administration charge.

But if you do want the option of travelling earlier/later there is now a flexi price, this is a more expensive price.

And I always find putting a goodie bag for the kids with sweets, colouring books, pens, games, helps pass the time.:)

Oh and if you are driving a Ford Galaxy, happen to be at the end of a carriage on Eurotunnel and decide you need something from the boot, the open boot will hit the roof of the train.
:rolleyes2

Sorry if I have missed it, but I didn't see anywhere on this thread a mention of the 'priority to the right' rule. This occurs mostly in towns and countryside but it is still very important to know.

If its not been mentioned I can come back and explain it.

I'll be driving for the first time in May so this thread is most useful - thanks to all who have contributed.

I like the compulsory bits of kit and will leave those in the car all the time - amazing you don't need things like a warning triangle in the UK.

Love all the information here. But silly question what is it like around the hotels. I assume once you take the right exit, each hotel is signed? I plan to fill up at sf before heading round to dlh. Thanks

Yes, once you take the exit that is sign posted to the hotels each hotel is clearly sign posted. You can't miss them!

Yes, once you take the exit that is sign posted to the hotels each hotel is clearly sign posted. You can't miss them!

Thank you! Relief as I can't get a map to show me where hotels are on the roads!!
Is sf on the way round? Or is that gonna be out of the way?
Any tips with driving, is it hard?? Starting to have second thoughts!! But brunch is keeping me sane, ish

I am wondering if anyone can help, I drove back in August so I should know the way but I followed a map I had printed and it directed me towards the onto n34 towards Lagny-sur-Marne and I went wrong somewhere, if I put directions on map it gives several route option which one do you all follow and find the easiest as I am driving again in 2 weeks.

When driving TO the parks, we stayed on the A104 before joining the E50 at Collegien.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!