traveling with multiples!!

Screen Name: BBG-BLT
Twins: B/G 8 years old, Bennett and Calla
Other Children: DD 3 years old, Joy & DD 18 months old, Alia
Next WDW trip: Sept, 2009
Living in: PA

Has anyone flown with 2 car seats on the plane?? Thanks!!

We are bringing our carseats for our rental car, so we thought we'd use them on the plane. I'm worried our Britax Roundabouts won't fit. Should I buy 2 Cosco Sceneras for traveling?

Thanks!!

My twins, identical boys, will be 4 in October. We are going to Disney in March 2010, their first trip. Can't wait :cool1:. So glad I came across this thread. I am sure it will be a big help :)

Has anyone flown with 2 car seats on the plane?? Thanks!!

We are bringing our carseats for our rental car, so we thought we'd use them on the plane. I'm worried our Britax Roundabouts won't fit. Should I buy 2 Cosco Sceneras for traveling?

Thanks!!

I do not know how to answer you because I don't know how big your car seats are, however, I would say that the more and the bigger your stuff .....on an airplane, the bigger pain it is!!

Less is definitely better.... there's not much room to get them up and down the aisle, especially when you are dealing with the kids too. One suggestion I heard is to have one parent go on the plane with the seats and get them buckled in, while the other parent hangs out in the seating area for a few minutes. This can clear up a little bit of the congestion.

I do not know how to answer you because I don't know how big your car seats are, however, I would say that the more and the bigger your stuff .....on an airplane, the bigger pain it is!!

Less is definitely better.... there's not much room to get them up and down the aisle, especially when you are dealing with the kids too. One suggestion I heard is to have one parent go on the plane with the seats and get them buckled in, while the other parent hangs out in the seating area for a few minutes. This can clear up a little bit of the congestion.

This is exactly what we did when we had 2 carseats. I sent my DH on the plane with the carseats and I stayed with the kids until the last minute and then got on the plane. Since I didn't have the stroller (gate checked), I carried one in a baby carrier (backpack) and carried the other in my arms while directing my older son in front of me. When I got on the plane, I was able to pass the first baby to my husband and he could buckle that one right away while I stood in the row to take the 2nd one out of the backpack and then store it in the overhead compartment.

Wow, just typing that makes me glad we my twins are old enough to walk and in booster seats which can be checked if needed. :goodvibes

When we fly in May.. We are lap seating one baby, and having a seat for the other. That way we can switch them in and out. We would just get two seats.. but my mom is buying the plane tickets. Maybe it will be cheap enough when we buy the tickets we can get two seats.

Name: Jodi
Username: 2 princess 3 princes

Triplets : Age 14
Twins: Age 8
First trip to WDW with kids: 2006
Next trip to WDW: November/09

We have been to WDW 4 times in the last 4 years. I was leary about traveling with our "brood" :rainbow:and now wish that I hadn't have been!

We rent a 4 br villa off property, but only a 3 minute drive from the gates. It gives us plenty of privacy, lots of space to spread out and all the comforts of home! The owner even provides high chairs, pack & plays & strollers. Although I would love to try to stay on property, it would cost a fortune for us, especially since our gang is older now. Also had the convienience of laundry facilities which is so important to those of us with multiples!

The first time we went our youngest were 5. We rented a stroller (I think the ones on site are VERY expensive now) but this was good when they were getting tired at the end of the day, and also worked for holding the small cooler we took to the park each day. Well worth the price we paid.

We just got back from our 1st trip with 2 1/2 year old twins! We had a BLAST!! We rented points and stayed at BCV and having the extra space was wonderful.

I was so worried about them being to young for this trip and they weren't at all. They had such a good time!!

I just found this thread! :goodvibes

I have g/g twins, age 7 (second grade). They are not identical, though they look it. We live in Maryland.

Sophia is on the left, Hannah is on the right.

DSC01101.jpg

Their first trip to WDW was last January. We spent 5 nights at WL and had such a great time we're going back this January for 7 nights at Poly. Check out the link to my TR... it also has all the pre-trip info for our next visit.

:)
Cheryl

I just found this thread. This is great!

Name: Donna
Screenname: ut*disney
Married : 11 years
Twins: Alicia and Adrian (7 years old)
Home: Port Arthur, Texas
Next Disney trip: Either DW Cruise or WDW Cruise June/July 2010

I'm Kristi, my screen name is "So, are you late, too?" because I am always running late. My DIS friends call me S'Late.

I have 10 year old B/G twins: Holly and Nicholas and 12 year old son, Adam.

Screen Name: hermantriplets+1
Triplets: 13 years old, G/B/G Eden, Gabriel and Noa - celebrated their 13th in WDW this past December, our first trip :dance3::dance3:
Younger Brother: Nadav age 11 - also loved the trip - wants to know what we can do for his 13th!
Home State: New Jersey
Currently living in: Israel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter