Travel Adaptors

AlyssaCameronsDad

Earning My Ears
For all who have been there before...

What is required for travel adaptors for phone chargers, camera chargers, ipod chargers, etc.

Do you need a simple pin adaptor, or do you need to buy some sort of voltage convertor? The adaptor is simply to charge, but at the same time I don't want to ruin our electronic toys.

Thanks!

Been over dozens of times for work and play, using the standard adaptors for laptops, shavers, hair dryers, Nintendo DS's, PSP's, GPS, cameras and videocameras and never had any issue with any of them.

Because you are going to lower voltage anything you charge doesn't need an adaptor. Things won't blow up or anything. The main thing is that charging may take longer.
If an American comes here....things are more of an issue ;) because they are coming from 110-240.

We used to take a travel hair dryer with both voltages (just change a switch) so it worked at the proper strength (the weaker power can result in not enough power) but pretty much everywhere has one now so we stopped taking it.

For all who have been there before...

What is required for travel adaptors for phone chargers, camera chargers, ipod chargers, etc.

Do you need a simple pin adaptor, or do you need to buy some sort of voltage convertor? The adaptor is simply to charge, but at the same time I don't want to ruin our electronic toys.

Thanks!

Hi there,
With devices such as laptops, iPods, phones, cameras etc the thing to do is check the power supply/charger…it will actually have the voltage range written on it somewhere….

Take the iPod charger as an example…on the base of the unit is says “Input: AC100-240V 50-60Hz” this means it’s fine to use in the US are their electricity supply falls within the range, so all you’d need for this item is a pin/plug adaptor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter