• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transportation

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
I have been reading mixed things about the FW transportaion (internal and to the parks)

Can someone give me the real scoop? Is the stop at Pioneer Hall really the only one bus stop that goes to the parks??? From the map, FW seems rather large and that would be quite a hike from the cabins or partial hook-up sites.

The transportation is quite good now! :D

There are 2 main bus depots - the Settlement and Outpost. Check your guide to see which park buses leave from which depot for sure - but so far:

The bus at the Settlement Depot takes you to the studios and TTC. There is also a boat there to the MK.

The bus from the Outpost Depot takes you to Epcot, AK, and DD.

There are 3 internal buses to take to each of the depots, so you don't have to walk. There will be an internal bus stop at, or very close to, your loop!

Hi
There are internal buses, orange, purple and yellow lines, depending on where your campsite is - these buses will take you from the bus stop at your loop to the Settlement Depot (marina area), to Meadows complex, to the Outpost Depot (where buses to other parks and downtown disney transfer) or to other loops. I have a photo of the new Ft. Wilderness Map with the new bus lines highlighted - I will try to find it so I can post it for you. We stayed on Loop 800 and would walk to the Settlement Depot (5-10 mins) to catch buses or go to marina rather than waiting for buses.

You can take a boat directly to MK from the marina (Settlement Depot) and there are buses that go directly to the Transportation and Ticket Center (where you could, say take the monorail to Epcot or MK) and MGM. The Outpost has buses to the waterparks, downtown disney and EPCOT and Animal Kingdom.

I was there a few weeks ago, and this is how I remember it - there may have been some changes since then as the internal system was quite new. Hope this helps somewhat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter