Transportation question from POP to SW/US

Tinkim

DIS Veteran
Hi all ~ My brother is planning a trip for Dec 4-11 and staying at Pop. He is driving me crazy with waiting so long to plan! It will be just him and his DD11. They want to go to Sea World for 2 days and Universal Studios for 2 days. If he doesn't rent a car what do you think the best (fastest/economical) way is to get to those places? I always rent a car when I go down but I know I have heard people saying that they have taken buses, etc. I think his best bet would be to rent a car for the week because they need transporation to/from MCO and also 4 days they need transporation to Sea World and Universal. I told him I would ask the "experts" though and at least try to get some general idea of how much we are talking for bus/shuttles, etc. Thanks everyone.

I have never rented a car when in Disney, but I would recommend a car for your brother. Mears is the transportation service I use to and from the airport ($27-$29/ pp rt adult; I think children are $21) and I used them once to Universal (something like $12/ pp rt adult). They are great if you don't plan on going off site that often, but you have to wait for them to pick you up and wait for them to pick up everyone else on the shuttle before they drop you off. Then, to get back, you have to call them an hour before wanting to be picked up and you have to wait while they drop off (what seems like) everyone and their brother before you.
Renting a car ( I quickly looked at enterprise.com) seems cheaper. They showed an economy rental car for (starting at) $101/ week. I am not sure what other charges apply to that $101, but the cost of the transports would probably be more that that (quick calculations and guestimates.... around $130ish maybe for Mears).

I hope that helps! Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter