Transportation from Airport to the Strip (and back?)

WTFetus

Mouseketeer
Hey guys,

I'm planning a 2-day 1-night trip to Vegas next month, and I was wondering if there are any cheap transportation from the airport to the strip and back (probably will be staying at Treasure Island).

Whenever I typically go, I usually rent a car, but since it's only 2-days, I was thinking about not renting one. I was looking at things like the Super Shuttle, but those are pretty pricey with $11 per person one-way. Might as well rent a car at that price.

Thanks.

The shuttle or a taxi is pretty much it (Taxi will run you somewhere between $15 and $20 one way depending on traffic so long as you don't get long hauled)

If you rent the car that'd be about $30/day?

The shuttle or a taxi is pretty much it (Taxi will run you somewhere between $15 and $20 one way depending on traffic so long as you don't get long hauled)

If you rent the car that'd be about $30/day?

Yeah, about $30/day for two days. Leaning towards a taxi now.

Thanks.

Yeah, about $30/day for two days. Leaning towards a taxi now.

Thanks.

When you get in the cab and tell them you're going to Treasure Island tell them "No Tunnel" - That'll stop most of your long hauling issues. ;)

(There's a tunnel from the airport that leads out to the highway that goes behind the strip but takes about the same amount of time and some cab drivers will go that way to add about $10 to the fare! If you say "No Tunnel" they have to go by the normal strip route.)

When you get in the cab and tell them you're going to Treasure Island tell them "No Tunnel" - That'll stop most of your long hauling issues. ;)

(There's a tunnel from the airport that leads out to the highway that goes behind the strip but takes about the same amount of time and some cab drivers will go that way to add about $10 to the fare! If you say "No Tunnel" they have to go by the normal strip route.)

They're not supposed to do it without asking and getting permission. There's even a complaint form.

http://taxi.nv.gov/uploadedFiles/ta.../complaint_form/LongRouteForm_Interactive.pdf

The first I heard of it was when one driver told me it was the rule, and that he couldn't in good conscience long haul even though other drivers got away with it.

If you rent a car, remember that traffic on the strip can get ugly real quick! Since you can walk just about anywhere on the strip, a car rental is a waste unless you are traveling off the strip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter