Transgender bathrooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

old lady

DIS Veteran
What is your take on this subject? Does Disney take on this? I prefer transgender to have family restrooms since they do deserve privacy.

Most of the time you aren't going to realize that a person is transgender and what bathroom they are using. How about stop focusing on what others do and focus on having a good time yourself and not judging if someone is woman or man enough to share a bathroom space.

I don't believe Disney has ever come out with an official policy but I imagine it is use whatever bathroom you feel comfortable with according to your chosen gender. No one is being the bathroom police checking peoples genitals as they walk in so it isn't that big of a deal and the fact they didn't touch that bloggers post with a 10 foot pole makes me think they aren't going to make an official announcement or policy.

Why have male/female bathrooms? How about going *****/non ***** bathrooms? Not because of gender but because of how one urinates. Non ***** people cannot effectively use urinals. But if a ***** person wants to go use a stall vs a urinal well then I do not want to lift any skirts to determine what the plumbing is.

We could just do what they do in Europe and have all the toilets together, eliminating the male and female restrooms entirely. That would also cut down on the long lines for women's restrooms.

Since we aren't there, yet, in the meantime, I believe the policy for Disneyland would be the same as it is for California. Use the restroom you identify with. Maybe the non-binary gender people have it easier, as they can pee wherever the line is the shortest. No idea what the Florida policies are.

I would never notice if a transgender person was in the same restroom I was in. I don't examine other people in the restroom as I feel it is a private area where people go to do their business and leave. I don't want other people checking me out, either. If people are checking me out in the restroom, tell me now so that going forward I can only use the private family/companion toilets.

We could just do what they do in Europe and have all the toilets together, eliminating the male and female restrooms entirely.

I've been to conventions with short breaks, and women simply waltzed in and used the mens room, walking passed the guys at the urinals, using a stall, washing their hands and leaving. No one cared, it worked fine.

I don't know what Disney Thinks, but personally, how would I ever know? I mean, Given I am going into the ladies, which is all stalls, I am not sticking my head under or over the door to check the anatomy of anyone using the other stalls? I would think it was more comfortable, and safer, for a transgender woman to use the ladies toilet? After all, probably no one would know even seeing them walk in that they were not anatomically female. So, it makes perfect sense for them to be there.
I really can't see why people get worked up about this. I am not bothered who is peeing in the stall next to mine, I am just doing what I need to do and getting on with my day, which, I suspect is the same for nearly if not all the other people using the restroom.

My DD5 prefers to go to the bathroom with DH rather than me, which sometimes gets us weird looks when she is screaming her head off and fighting me, but I'm like, "It's a bathroom and we are here for one reason - the toilet."

It doesn't matter what your plumbing is like... use the facilities, clean up after yourself, and ta-da! Not rocket science! I wish people did not make such a big deal about it.

Previous to indoor plumbing and all manner of interior design *in* said bathrooms, our Western Civilization had outhouses. And alleyway privies! And garderobes! UGH to the last one...

A lot of the issue when it comes to bathrooms mainly has to deal with religious concerns reflected in societal standards. I'll leave that at that.

I rarely ever use public bathrooms as it is because the stalls are usually not well maintained. When I do need to go, I just go in and do my thing, leave. I don't like spending any more time than I have to. I am not concerned about other people inside the restroom. That's the way it should be, but it will never be.

I don't want to offend anyone, but I am extremely uncomfortable with women in the men's room. You can say it is my problem, and it is, but it makes me uncomfortable. It may come from childhood--my father REFUSED to allow my mother to take me into a ladies room after I was 2 years old and potty trained. I have no problem with a family restroom--of course usually you go into those one "family" at a time.

As the parent of a disabled, adult, opposite sex, child, I also would like to join the transgender community in bathrooms for all. This problem does not just affect transgenders, but also parents with disabled children, husbands with disabled wives, etc. Not everywhere has a family bathroom or dressing room for that matter or enough of them.

Bathrooms for all no way. Unless I'm understanding it wrong I don't want my daughters walking by men at urinals. When did everything gets so crazy that we even have this conversation.

If a transgendered man wants to go in ladies that's fine. I guess I just think of the extreme cases. Like perverts taking advantage or legit transgendered who look manly and I have to explain to a 4 year girl.

As the parent of a disabled, adult, opposite sex, child, I also would like to join the transgender community in bathrooms for all. This problem does not just affect transgenders, but also parents with disabled children, husbands with disabled wives, etc. Not everywhere has a family bathroom or dressing room for that matter or enough of them.
But if u have a 5 year old girl u want her walking by men at urinals. I don't.

But if u have a 5 year old girl u want her walking by men at urinals. I don't.

Doesn't bother me at all.

It is much better to send my severely mentally disabled son into the men's room by himself and hope for the best. He probably makes a mess but I am not using that toilet anyway. I just really worry in large restrooms with multiple exits like at sporting events and the movie theaters that he will go out a different exit than the one I am waiting outside.

I have been yelled at on multiple occasions for having him in the women's room because he does not have any physical signs of a disability.

Last edited:
Bathrooms for all no way. Unless I'm understanding it wrong I don't want my daughters walking by men at urinals. When did everything gets so crazy that we even have this conversation.

If a transgendered man wants to go in ladies that's fine. I guess I just think of the extreme cases. Like perverts taking advantage or legit transgendered who look manly and I have to explain to a 4 year girl.

No all genders bathroom I've ever been in has urinals that are open for all to see. I've been in stalls that had urinals as well as toliets per each stall but never urinals all out in the open for everyone to see.

Also please if you see someone you don't deem feminine enough to be in the ladies bathroom teach your daughter that all of us are made different but are all okay.

I was drawn to this thread again because at Galactic Nights a woman with very short hair came in the bathroom and while I didn't find anything wrong the woman at the sinks wih me goes OMG is that a boy ugh how could he? And then asks me was that a boy. I said ma'am I don't really know and don't really care I don't look at people that much when I'm in the bathroom and left.

Last edited:
No all genders bathroom I've ever been in has urinals that are open for all to see. I've been in stalls that had urinals as well as toliets per each stall but never urinals all out in the open for everyone to see.

Also please if you see someone you don't deem feminine enough to be in the ladies bathroom teach your daughter that all of us are made different but are all okay.

I was drawn to this thread again because at Galactic Nights a woman with ver short hair came in the bathroom and while I didn't find anything wrong the woman at the sinks wih me goes OMG is that a boy ugh how could he? And then asks was that a boy. I said ma'am I don't really know and don't really care I don't look at people that much when I'm in the bathroom and left.

I just wanted to say:rotfl2: and :thumbsup2About the galactic nights thing.

What stumps me is the people who want to wonder over that sort of thing. Like how do you plan to get evidence that ISN'T a girl? Peek through the crack? Demand to see a drivers license? Ask outright? I mean I'm not going to show any stranger in a public restroom proof of my gender on demand.

And then there's the whole thing that you can't tell someone's sexuality just by looking at them. That never seems to cross the mind of people that I've met who worry about transgenders using the "wrong" restroom. :confused3 I personally think you're more likely to be ogled by a lesbian than a transgender in the ladies restroom but what do I know. If anyone does ogle others in bathrooms. That is generally the furthest thing from my mind when I'm using the facilities.

Yeah sorry never been in non gender bathroom.

And thank you I do teach my girls all the right things about others. Like I said I think more of the extreme cases where people take advantage of it.

Yeah sorry never been in non gender bathroom.

And thank you I do teach my girls all the right things about others. Like I said I think more of the extreme cases where people take advantage of it.

The thing is you said someone who looks manly. So you are deciding you personally get to decide what is woman enough to be in the bathroom. Every transgender person I know just wants to pee and get out of there because they have faced too much embarrassment and even physical violence simply over where they pee.

Also there isn't some magical barrier that keeps pedophiles out of bathrooms. Men and women can both be pedophiles and if a man is in a woman's bathroom that is empty enough that no other woman is around then equality laws or not aren't going to stop him from doing what he wants. That's what has always fascinated me about bathroom laws and issues. Do you think saying only those who pass or those who were born a certain gender can use this bathroom would really stop a rapist or pedophile?

I wish I didn't take the time to read this, so I provided a comment so it isn't a complete waste of time. Can't we just all get along? I don't have any problem with sharing the bathroom with the opposite sex. I don't know why we need to change the majority rule to make a few more comfortable. It honestly doesn't hurt a transgender person to use a certain bathroom. This is a stupid issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!