Transfers from MCO

brookew

Earning My Ears
The DCL charges 70 per person. We are a family of 4 staying at the Hyatt at mco the night before.
Are there advantages to using dcl that I don't realize? What's the best transfer method?

The only advantages that I can think of is that Disney will take care of you is something happens on the way (traffic, accident, break down, etc.). I have heard that they will even hold the ship for you to arrive as long as they are able. I believe they would even get you to the next port of call if they can not hold the ship for you. I prefer for my family of five to take a private transfer, but we would leave Orlando the day before our cruise and stay in the Cocoa Beach area overnight.

The advantage is the convenience of Disney brand. They take care of everything and you just show up where they tell you. One big advantage you won't get is staying at Disney resort the night before. They take your luggage from your room and you don't see it again until it is outside your door on the ship. Also, if you fly out the same day as debarkation, you may be eligible for the Onboard Airline Checkin. This is definitely worth it where they take your luggage the night before and check it all the way to your final destination. They give you the boarding passes on the ship and you only have to deal with TSA. These are the 2 biggest advantages, but may not apply.

Otherwise, you have to do a cost comparison of private services. I think most people say 4 is the cutoff where it would be cheaper for a private company. The problem we always run into is luggage. If you have 4 people, how much does it cost to get a vehicle big enough for everybody and their luggage? That requires some planning, but there are many threads on this forum to point you in the right direction.

One big advantage you won't get is staying at Disney resort the night before. They take your luggage from your room and you don't see it again until it is outside your door on the ship.

Actually, OP indicated they are staying at the MCO Hyatt, therefore they will get luggage service from the hotel room straight to the ship.

OP -- DCL transfers are $35 per person each way (so yes, $70 if you book round-trip). With a party of 4, you are likely to be right on the breakeven point for private car service vs DCL transfers. A car rental would be less expensive, car service may or may not be less. DCL transfers are very convenient and include the added benefit of luggage transfer from your hotel room at the MCO Hyatt. If you want to arrive at the terminal early, the DCL bus typically arrives before 10:30am when others are allowed entrance. They show Disney cartoons onboard, which may be helpful if you have young children.

Enjoy your cruise!

There are a few good private transfer companies that do roundtrip transfers from MCO to Port for about $240, including all taxes, tips, etc. So, there isn't likely to be a significant savings versus Disney transport. On the other hand, if you had a party of 8, private transfers could still be under $300 versus over $500 with Disney transport.

The only advantages that I can think of is that Disney will take care of you is something happens on the way (traffic, accident, break down, etc.). I have heard that they will even hold the ship for you to arrive as long as they are able. I believe they would even get you to the next port of call if they can not hold the ship for you.

Of course, the people getting flown to the next port had better have passports...

Actually, OP indicated they are staying at the MCO Hyatt, therefore they will get luggage service from the hotel room straight to the ship.

I read it as two different thoughts that had nothing to do with each other apart from being one after the other.

Saying "One big advantage you won't get is staying at Disney resort the night before." Which is true. And also saying that they will get their bags picked up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter