Tranportation from Boardwalk to everywhere

Stucas

DIS Veteran
I'm about to make some dinner reservations and most days I go back to the hotel (we're staying at the boardwalk) before dinner. I want to make sure I plan accordingly but have no idea how long it will take to get places from the Boardwalk.

If anybody can let me know aprox. times for the following I would be thrilled!

BW-MK.
BW-GF,
BW-AKL
BW-WL
BW-CR

Also, is it ever faster to walk through epcot and take the monorail to get to MK/monorail resorts VS. taking the bus?

TIA :)

JMO but I'd go directly from the MK to dinner at a MK resort. Days you go back to BWV are good days to have dinner in EPCOT.

I'm not 100% sure but I think guests at the end of the long corridors (near the quiet pool) might consider going out a side door and walking to the DHS.

Plan on an hour if you are going resort to resort.

So....to MK, you'll most likely need about 40 mins, wait for the bus, and bus ride itself.
To GF, an hour. Bus to MK, then boat to GF. The boat takes about 10 mins, the monorail takes about 20...wait times will vary.
To AKL, bus to AK then transfer to AKL bus...about 45 mins to an hour.
To WL, again about an hour.
To CR, about 40 mins..but only because it's only an 8 min walk from MK to CR.

You may have waits from 0-15 mins for a bus at BW. Then, if you have to transfer to another bus to a particular resort bus, add in another 0-15 min wait.

It is going to take you about 30 mins to walk from BW to the monorail at Epcot, then a wait of 0-15 mins again, onto the monorail for the 15 min ride to the TTC, then transfer to the Resort monorail loop. I never walk through Epcot to get the monorail over to the MK resorts...just takes way too long.

You could get lucky and not have any wait times for the buses. But, I always like to leave enough time, just in case. I've had waits that were longer than anticipated...if I hadn't left enough time, I would have been very late for my ADR. Better to be early for an ADR and just wander around the area, checking it out than being late.

As already mentioned, it may be a good idea to eat at the MK/monorail resorts on a day when you are already in that area....CR, Polynesian, GF and WL.
Eat at Epcot or DHS, or YC/BC on the days you are in that area. Much better than spending an hour or so going to a completely different area, just to eat.

Allow yourself at least an hour. Last year we took the bus to MNSSHP and it took well over an hour. The first bus was full, the second had wheelchairs to get on and off, then stopped at Swan & Dolphin.

The walk through Epcot to the monorail will take at least an hour also, you have the walk and then wait time for 2 monorails.

Thanks everyone for the speedy replies. Looks like I'll be good with the time I allotted us. Unfortunately it won't really work out to eat where I am that day since we're doing a signature almost every night so we'll be going back to the resort to shower and get dressed (we prefer to dress up for dinners).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter