Trail's End

cdrn1

<font color=royalblue>what I wouldn't give to have
Afternoon found us at Fort Wilderness (pony ride for DGD 2) so we decided to try the buffet there. In a word....BLEECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nasty stuff. Still trying to figure out what they did to the potatoes to make them so bad. The only thing worth eating was the pulled pork. Very tasty. The rest of the food was so bad.

I agree! I couldn't believe how gross the food was when we were there last October.

I am a big fan of trail's end and my family loves it. We stay at Fort Wilderness every trip and the food is great and the price is the best on Disney property!

We ate there in May for the first time, and after having the Skillet at Whispering Canyon, all we could think of was 'yuck' and 'how soon can we leave?" - Definitely not Disney caliber dining, although the wait staff was very nice. The only thing I enjoyed was my Diet Coke - my husband tried buffalo meat since that was something different, but it wasn't that great either. The corn bread was okay, but never again there. My motto is 'you get what you pay for', since it was the cheapest buffet on property.

The first two time we went it was really great, we enjoyed the food and the service.

Unfortunately, in December, we went for dinner - around 6:30pm and OMG, the food was cold, the potatos and corn bread? was nasty! I was so disappointed coz we took my brothers family here and they hated it!!! I have to say our server was great and when I complained (towards the end), she told the chef, who was willing to bring us out some hot fried chicken but the kids were in no mood - we thanked them tho. They did not charge us for two meals - which was very nice of our server. I dont think we will be going back tho. :goodvibes

We eat there every trip at least one breakfast and one other meal. Lunch is my least favorite but I havent had any BAD meals there. We had dinner there in May the night before the Florida Triathlon championships and it was really good with some extra pasta dishes for the athletes. It's definitely not the best in the World but not bad either. For breakfast I like it better than any other place because the price is good and the food is pretty much the same.

oh no...I made a PS there for September...thought it would be fun since we've never eaten there...wondering now if I should cancel :guilty:

I sure hope it is cheap because I've had better meals at truck stops. ;) Definitely not worth it if you're on the dining plan, either.

KatelynnsAuntie said:
oh no...I made a PS there for September...thought it would be fun since we've never eaten there...wondering now if I should cancel :guilty:
I would keep it. Just because some people don't like it doesn't mean you wont like it. I LOVE Trail's End and they are very, very, very, very friendly. DO NOT USE THE DINING PLAN. PAY FOR IT IN MONEY!!! IT IS REALLY, REALLY CHEAP!

We ate at Trails End last June and thought it was a fantastic deal and wonderful food. Not one complaint in our party of 8. I hope it hasn't gone downhill in the last few months because we are staying at Ft. Wilderness in December and plan on eating at Trails End at least once!

We just ate their last week. Met my boss, his wife & their 3 kids. We all loved it. It is not Chef Mickeys or Crystal Palace, not as many choices but still everyone loved it. Don't cancel your reservation.

We've done Trails End for breakfast a few times and it's always been really good! It's so cheap too! I agree, it's not a good value on the DP, so better off paying OOP for that meal and saving the credits for something more pricey.

Never had lunch or dinner there though...can't help with that!

Marcy

DW and I at at Trails End in May. We loved it. The price was very good for WDW. I think you can have bad nights at almost every restaurant on Earth. In May the food was very fresh and tasty. Have fun. :)

We have eaten at Trail's end every time that we have been at Fort Wilderness and have always enjoyed it, it is not gourmet food, but a great place to relax, it is also cheap by Disney standards. I am sorry for the OP that they had such a poor experience.

Also, the servers are fantastic and so nice and helpful. We went to WDW over President's Weekend, a very busy time of year, and we went to Trail's End without a reservation and were seated immediatly...literaly!! I can't say enough about the service.

I have to say that everyone in my party was pretty disappointed with our meal at Trail's End and I was so looking forward to it when I made the ADR. I mean the food wasn't out and out nasty but it wasn't all that great and I didn't think the variety was all the great either. On a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 4 or 5 at best. There are so many other places to eat at Disney that this one won't be on our list to go back to anytime soon but I am glad we tried it. As another poster said YMMV so if someone has a ressie there, I wouldn't necessary cancel it but I went with very high expectations and left a bit disappointed.

I will also say that we ate there towards the end of our week and I was so full from all the food on the dining plan that this surely could have affected my perception of buffet food offerings.

Thanks for the review, sorry you didn't enjoy your meal. DH and I have thought about eating at Trail's End because of the price and I have heard positive reviews before. The menu just doesn't seem that extensive, though, so we will probably skip this one. :)

We ate at Trails End last September for a last minute unplanned dinner. We were staying at WL and there were no openings at WCC, so the concierge desk suggested Trails End for dinner. He called over and said they had openings. We took the boat over and loved it! The restaurant was empty - we were eating early - and the waitress was great! Great food too. I was pleasantly suprised. The atmosphere is very basic / casual, not fancy at all. Everyone in our party agreed that this was a great suggestion from concierge. We were on the free disney dining plan, so cost wasn't an issue, but if you are paying, this is a cheaper option than many other buffets. It was a nice quiet break from all of the character and interactive meals (WCC and Ohana's coconut races, etc.) we had during that week. Also, the kids were given coloring pages to occupy them and there is a great playground right by the boat dock that we stopped to visit on our way out! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter