Trails end To GO

almburr

DIS Veteran
Ok we are planning on Fort Wilderness and be in one of the cabins.
So there really isn't much for CS there. We were thinking of stopping at trails end TO GO to grab breakfast before hitting the parks. Is it like a walk up window and you place your order, is this where you also fill your mugs?

Would it be just a better option to grab something to eat at the park when we get there?

I have not tried Trails End To Go for breakfast, as they did not have breakfast the last time I stayed at the cabins. I do know that when I went to pick items up in the evenings it was usually a long wait, but that was for pizza that had to bake. Looking at what they have, it shouldn't take more than maybe 10 minutes to put an order together.

If you are wanting to try it, I would suggest trying early when they open if you are wanting to make RD at a park. In fact, I would only do this if I was going to MK as it is near the boat you would need to take to MK. The buses are at the opposite end of the resort to get to Epcot, DHS & AK.

If I was planning to drive to the parks (not MK), I might try it by 1 person going to get the food at opening, via bus or golf cart, and then taking it back and eating before leaving from the cabin.

Honestly if it was me I would just make something in the cabin kitchens. If you don't want to do that I would just stop somewhere in the parks but be prepared it seems like the places that have breakfast type foods have long lines in the morning.

To answer your mug query, yes, this is where you would get mug refills. They seem to have a "pastry case" with some things. We got the take out chicken with sides and it was very good; it took longer than I expected becuae the woman in front of me was "cashing" in her leftover snack credits on bags of stuff.

We have been to Trails End To Go in the morning to fill up our mugs. We did not eat but they did have a limited breakfast menu. They had things I did not read about on any on-line menus I had seen. They had breakfast sandwiches and the like. It would have been the perfect warm grab and go breakfast on the way to the parks for something quick.

The quick breakfast at trails end is good for a quick sandwich to grab before you get on the boat. If you have time the Buffett is really good. The grab and go for dinner is also really good. they have buckets of fried chicken and pizza and nachos. If your staying at FW try posting this question in the camping forum. There are lots of experts in that section that specialize in FW questions.

Have you considered having groceries delivered right to your cabin? You could stock up on quick breakfast items, as well as water, soda and snacks or whatever you like. We always do this. It is nice to have drinks and a snack when we come back and it is actually cheaper than Disney prices.
The service we have used is wegoshop.com I highly recommend them.
The second popular service is Garden Grocer, also reputable. Both have web sites you can check out.
Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!