• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trails End Buffet Gone Forever

It's happened. The way this announcement reads, it isn't clear what it will reopen as.

Trail's End Restaurant at Disney's Fort Wilderness now closed and will reopen this summer

Disney's website has now been updated with a notice saying, "Trail’s End Restaurant is closed for refurbishment and will reopen in summer 2023. During this time, P&J's Southern Takeout mobile ordering and The Chuck Wagon food truck are available."

Trail's End Restaurant was previously expected to reopen in late 2023 as a new quick-service eatery. The new marketplace concept was thought to feature a more varied menu at lower price points, with more flexible dining that does not require a reservation.

It isn't clear if those plans have now changed, and Trail's End will return in its current format. The restaurant most recently offered family-style breakfast priced at $22.99 from 7:30am to 12pm, and family-style dinner from 4:30pm to 9:30pm priced at $31.99.

j

So P&J’s mobile only? I assume there’s still outdoor seating if you want it. And the Chuck Wagon is located near there as well? Are the outside trucks still coming?

We were there last week and were the next to last ones out around 10:30PM at Trail's End on the 16th - we saw the Chuck Wagon and the other outside food trucks during their usual Tuesday/Wednesday "round up"- P and J's was still doing mobile order and they still have picnic tables set up out front. As of Wednesday Crockett's Tavern was still open doing business as usual and Davy Crockett's Wilderness Arcade was still open and running just as it was intended during Pioneer times.

The DVC announcement makes me think this will help the food options. We DVC folk are quite picky plus what I am sure will be a huge influx of cash to Fort Wilderness will raise it on the priority list. They mentioned food and pool improvements and like Poly / VGF / WL the amenities stay owned and managed on the cash side with DVC contributing $$.

The DVC announcement makes me think this will help the food options.
I'm keeping a positive attitude towards this and the potential for additional food options is one of the biggest opportunities I can see. As long as the change to DVC doesn't start carving out existing Fort amenities for "DVC Only", then this will simply be a cabin refurb for most of us.

j

Food Truck is now open for Breakfast— picked up a Chicken Biscuit this morning and it seems like P&Js is only Mobile order 20443DC5-1758-49DC-A907-0A5DF9111515.jpeg

This just posted on one of my Fb groups. Looks like the conversion to a Motomart of Food continues. At least P&Js is still open.

1683156391086.png

j

They stinks but thanks for the update. No soda machine there is super inconvenient. I wonder what the food offerings are. Anyone there now know?
So I looked at mobile ordering and it does seem like the full menu at least. And at least the wagon is open starting at 8am - still way too late for breakfast though but at least there are more lunch offerings.

Sure wish they'd give us more info as to what the 'new' offerings are going to be.

Pssst...any bus drivers got any 'low down' they can share?

On another forum, it was mentioned that last night was it for Crockett's Tavern and is now closed.
I was wondering if anybody at the Fort now can confirm it? I was under the impression that the tavern was going to remain open.

Has anyone currently at the Fort reported any activity they can actually see going on in Trail's End?

I remember when HDDR was being worked on before reopening, somebody was able to peek inside and let us know what they could see.

I would imagine the windows are covered, but if not, it would be pretty easy to see. Asking at P&Js may (or may not) get something, too.

j

Just left yesterday they ripped up the ramp and the cement stairs. You can see the work they are doing it's All out in the open. I'm praying the porch will stay (not converted into interior space)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter