• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trailers?

Mama...: I'm curious, did you have a swag bar as well? We have one on ours. They do make Lite models with slides out. We looked at a Bobcat that had a dining table slide. That would have been perfect for us, but the price was $16K! We bought our used 24' Nomad Lite for around $9,000 (98). Also, I hope she's not on those Firestone tires. I hear Ford is even in more trouble now for putting on even worse tires as a replacement. What were they thinking? Saw a crash test of the new Ford F150 (we had a 97) on tv the other day. They said it was the worse crash test they had EVER seen. It was bad. THey recommended NOT purchasing one. That's really too bad because they are cool trucks. WE loved ours.

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, our computers have been messed up and we haven't been able to get on the internet! I am having withdrawals.

Yes we did have a sway bar. I thought we could use two! Our trailer's weight was like 4200 pounds and I thought that would be fine but the Explorer was just not big enough. Now if you don't mind going down the interstate and 55 (max) and being pushed all over the road anytime a 18-wheeler passed you, then you would be ok.

And yes, I saw that stuff about the truck. And of course we bought an F-150 but ours is a four wheel drive, so we are hoping since it sits up higher that will help. I love our truck. In fact I like it better than the Explorer. Why can't they do these test before they put them out there for people to buy!

We did get our tires changed but I have just heard rumors about the other tires, nobody has actually showed any proof of this. Apparently one of our US representatives spoke out of turn of this. I haven't heard anything since then.

I noticed I put "swag" bar instead of sway. Gee, no wonder a curtain holder won't work ;)

What year of truck did you get? Ours was a red supercab, flareside, 4X4 with off-road package. It was awesome! We miss it, but the big custom van is so much more comfortable for our daughter (9). Ours didn't have headrests for her in the back seats. I think the new ones do. I didn't like the idea of her head hitting the back window if we stopped suddenly.

I, too, was surprised by that crash test. I believe it wasn't a 4x4 or a supercab, so I don't know if that would make a difference.

We have a 1999 4x4 flareside, but its grey. The head rest thing is not a problem for us because our daughter is only 4, and she still sits in her high back booster. I will probably make her sit in it while we are riding in the truck until she out grows it.

I love the flaresides. Sounds like you have the same style we did. My favorite. Course, my DH came home with the bright red one ;) It was sharp. It was kind of strange. We were trying to decide about which TT to get and I wanted to see if my DD could use a pillow to make her more comfortable on long trips. When she got in the back of the truck, I realized her head was just reaching the window. It was at that moment we knew we really needed a new vehicle. I don't know why they didn't/don't make headrests for the back. DD was 7.5 when we discovered this and is a bit taller than most of her friends. When we traded the truck, my DD and I cried. I couldn't believe I cried! I love the custom van for comfort, but I hate driving it. It's not as cool as the truck ;) Actually, it's more the size of it. My DH insists it's not much bigger than the Ford. I'm used to driving a minivan though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter