Trader Sam's- worth the wait 👍

Stargazer65

Disney Honorary Bus Driver since 2009
Two hour wait, we got there at 2:10. Got my text to come in at 4:20.
Waiting on text:
Screenshot_20230607_154943_Gallery.jpg
Wake up hun! Trader Sam called! 😄 Lots of fun:
Hippopoto-Mai-Tai
20230607_163443.jpg
Random person with almost matching aloha attire
IMG_8010.jpg
Krakatoa:
20230607_162436.jpg

Attachments

• 20230607_162436.jpg
    20230607_162436.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

No not worth the wait if that is a question. I wouldn't wait 2 hours for basically anything except someone paying me a ton of money for doing nothing.

If it was for a consulting job I would charge them for the time I waited as well.

No not worth the wait if that is a question. I wouldn't wait 2 hours for basically anything except someone paying me a ton of money for doing nothing.

If it was for a consulting job I would charge them for the time I waited as well.
When I was there last, we waited 3 hours for Trader Sam's, and during that time we took a monorail joyride, shopped at Basin, had a drink at Enchanted Rose, went back to the Polynesian and had drinks and appetizers on the Trader Sam's outdoor patio while listening to gentle, live ukelele music and the sounds of the waterslide behind us. It was very worth it and a very enjoyable wait!

When I was there last, we waited 3 hours for Trader Sam's, and during that time we took a monorail joyride, shopped at Basin, had a drink at Enchanted Rose, went back to the Polynesian and had drinks and appetizers on the Trader Sam's outdoor patio while listening to gentle, live ukelele music and the sounds of the waterslide behind us. It was very worth it and a very enjoyable wait!
How long do you have to return once you get the text? I really want to do Trader Sam's but trying to figure out how to manage time. I also would vastly prefer to go at night when it's adults only, but it sounds like you can't really plan for that?

How long do you have to return once you get the text? I really want to do Trader Sam's but trying to figure out how to manage time. I also would vastly prefer to go at night when it's adults only, but it sounds like you can't really plan for that?
If you want to go with it's 21 and up only, plan to join the wait list around 6:30-7 pm. I noticed one time when I joined at 7, CMs were no longer allowing parties with people under 21 to join. Also try going later in the night, like around 8-9. Food service stops at 10 so if you want a snack go earlier.

Last edited:
You have a 15 minute window. They tell you the average wait time when you check in with the CM -- ours told us 3 hours and it was accurate.

We also finally opted to wait for inside seating on our last trip, and it was totally worth it. Skipper Adam was fantastic. Probably our favorite "thing" we did this past trip, especially after we found Oga's lacking (no music?).

With regards to the wait time:

We were quoted 2 hours but waited less. Checked in at 5:49 pm, wandered around the lobby and looked in the shops (bought the new to me Poly Tervis tumbler) and chilled in the lobby while we re-charged ourselves and our phones. At 6:37 pm we got this message "Aloha! We will be paging you sooner than expected! Are you still planning to join us? YES or NO?"

So we said YES obviously.

Then a minute later we got our text to come in. When we left around 9:45 pm there were empty tables and spots at the bar.

One of the best afternoons I ever had...from what I recall. Note: don't try to take souvenir glasses into Epcot on your way back to the YC. 😂
Luckily we went right back to our hotel after this, we picked up the Ursula mug as well as the Mai-Tai and Zombie mugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter