• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trader Sam's (WDW) Strategy

We must have been lucky. We had never been before and we went on Friday, December 28th. There was only about a 15 minute wait. We got there around 7ish with kids. I wonder if a strategy would be to go right before it goes 21 and older...maybe people wait for that time...

Have fun!

Am I the only one who thinks it's quite bizarre to need a strategy to go to a bar?!!!

To be fair, the strategy is only if you want to avoid a wait. You can go to Trader Sam's anytime, but you may be given a pager to come back later if the bar is at capacity. Or, you may be allowed in but there could be little to no seat availability since they do allow for standing room.

Am I the only one who thinks it's quite bizarre to need a strategy to go to a bar?!!!
Haha fair point but when the bar has 2 hour waits....a strategy is needed indeed. Really, I'm not going for the drinking (though that will happen ha). Plenty of places to booze it up at WDW. I just remember doing the one at DL and thinking how cool of an experience it was and been wanting to try the WDW version for quite some time, and show my gf because she's never been to either.

So we arrive Sat. and won't get to the Dolphin before 4pm. Latest we can get to Contemporary for CG ADR is during fireworks. So really need to leave Poly by 8:45. Seems like we might get luck of the draw if we arrive to Poly between 6-7:30 on a Sat. in spring break. Reading this, I'm not optimistic. No kids.

I just went Saturday night. Checked in at 6 pm with a 2 hour wait, we got a drink at the pool bar and missed our text by 24 minutes. We waited another 10 minutes standing at the door maybe and then got in. It wasn't too crowded, there were a few open seats and no one standing. It was constant and we closed it down. Super fun. I wish I knew about it before our last night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter