Trader Sams - Reservations for more than 4 online/app possible?

carimar

Mouseketeer
The past couple of days, I have logged on at 9 AM EST and was never able to get a party of 6 for trader Sam’s. I see parties of 4 available for all times, but never a party of six. Are they not available on the app or the website for more than a party of 4?

My understanding is they only allow ADR reservations for TS for up to 4 people. I have a party of five but grabbed a reservation for 4 for our arrival day. Two of our party are kids so I am hoping they will allow the additional person in.

Probably because all of their tables inside are good for 4 or less. Hard to fit more since it is a small area.

I honestly cant think of how they would accommodate six inside... none of the tables are that large and they cant be butted up against each other - it would block the walkway. Maybe the back corner where there is a tall table and a lower four top?

I honestly cant think of how they would accommodate six inside... none of the tables are that large and they cant be butted up against each other - it would block the walkway. Maybe the back corner where there is a tall table and a lower four top?
That makes sense. I have never been to DL, so I didn't realize how small the place was. I will try for 4 and 2.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

Not sure what date or time you want, but if you arrive just before opening you should be able to easily get tables near each other without a reservation.

My go to strategy is rope drop the park then at 11am head to TS via monorail or walking. Very easy to get a table or bar seat.

We are a party of 6 also, but prefer to sit outside on the comfy sofas/chairs. My understanding is that we still need a reservation. Is there a way to indicate that we want to sit outside, or do we just tell them when we arrive? In this case, do we need to make two reservations for the party (4 and 2)?

We are a party of 6 also, but prefer to sit outside on the comfy sofas/chairs. My understanding is that we still need a reservation. Is there a way to indicate that we want to sit outside, or do we just tell them when we arrive? In this case, do we need to make two reservations for the party (4 and 2)?
When you check in (at the podium near Tangaroa Terrace), let them know you'd prefer an outdoor table. Usually the reservations are directed to the indoor space, but the outdoor spaces are also very nice (with the tiki torch atmosphere and sometimes live music!) and I would say are better and more comfortable for larger groups (>4).

The food menu is basically the same as Tangaroa Terrace next door.
The Tangaroa Terrace outdoor bar serves the same food and drinks (though I'm not sure about souvenir mug availability) as Trader Sam's (and serves Dole Whip floats with rum).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter