Trader Sam's Crowd Levels

tmeyers529

Earning My Ears
Want to head over to Trader Sam's after a night at Magic Kingdom. Know it's typically really hard to get into, but is it typically possible to get in around 10:30 PM? Wife and I both love tropical cocktails and have never been.

Thanks in advance!

If you're going after fireworks it can be VERY busy, the hours as of now have them closing at Midnight :( So you've got 1.5 hours to enjoy it. If you can, I'd head over a bit earlier.

I would certainly try to get their earlier as it will be extremely busy and it isn't a very large location.

I guess we were lucky, last July we went in a few times after the fireworks around 10:30 and there were very few people in there.

How about late afternoon/ early evening. Should you be there right at opening, or is it better to go around 6-7? We will have our daughter, so we have to be out by 8

I guess we were lucky, last July we went in a few times after the fireworks around 10:30 and there were very few people in there.

We were just there a few weeks ago. Rode the monorail over from Top of world Lounge at BLT after the fireworks. When we got there, there was maybe 5 people there.

I was planning on going this Wednesday right when it opens at 3...should I expect a line?

Sorry for the hijack but question for vets... can you still order/purchase the mugs if sitting on the patio or do you need to be inside Trader Sams itself?

We went at 4:00 PM. Walked right in. No one waited to get in the 2 hours that we were there. You don't get the whole experience on the patio; so I would recommend sitting inside. I would be a little worried putting it off until after fireworks.

I was planning on going this Wednesday right when it opens at 3...should I expect a line?

There has been a line starting about 3:15 to 3:30 for a 4 pm opening. Once we were on the list, then walked around, but came back before they started calling names.
We are going back next month, maybe its not as crowded as in the past? I've never seen it walk in. But also, have never gone in late at night.

Should you be there right at opening, or is it better to go around 6-7?

IMO, going right at opening (shortly before) will allow you to get a seat right away. When you enter after opening, seating is first come first serve so you may end up standing or stalking people to grab a table.

Did opening change to 3? They opened at 4 last time we were there. We got there around 3:30 and waited in the line that had already formed. We were among the last few inside when they opened that were able to snag a table. I would arrive no later than 3:30, unless you don't mind standing.

Did opening change to 3? They opened at 4 last time we were there. We got there around 3:30 and waited in the line that had already formed. We were among the last few inside when they opened that were able to snag a table. I would arrive no later than 3:30, unless you don't mind standing.

Disney website now says open 3-12, they changed it a few weeks ago.

How big are the tables inside? What's the maximum party size recommended?
The largest table is the surf board in the middle which seats 10 maybe 11. Getting all 10-11 in and getting that table is a bit of a challenge. These two photos do a great job giving you an idea how much space there is and accommodations. Keep in mind that the maximum occupancy is only 51.

040815_Trader-Sams-Polynesian-feat-1.1-780x440.jpg

05a29e8c81d0d6c4cba512c7c9b113bc.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter