Tracking Cruising Restart: News and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the cruise industry will learn quickly that cruise with a lot of restrictions will not be a money makers. People with the vaccine are not going to want to go on cruise that limit what they can do, and non-vaccined people are mostly people that are non believers of the risks so that are not signing up for restrictions.
Myself as a vascined person would get on a full boat and not care who is or is not vaccinated because I am as protected as I can be with my vaccine.

August Fantasy sailings and beginning of August Dream sailings have disappeared from the website. The first Dream cruise is now August 9th.
I was a bit more hopeful once Disney announced test cruises but if they're removing more cruises from their site...I feel like my Sept cruise is back to a no go at this point. Which is in no way shocking or surprising...just extremely frustrating at this point.

I wonder if this is because DCL is preparing to cancel, or are they trying to prevent anyone new from booking since they may already have to reduce capacity from existing bookings.

Either way, not a great sign.

To be fair, DCL has announced a test cruise. One. For the Dream. Based on the date, the August 2 sailing was borderline, since getting the certification of the test requires 14 days of post sail data, plus some admin time. Mid August seemed more achievable.

Fantasy has no announced test and I assume they want to clear a successful test for Dream before committing to staff on another ship for another test. Especially with the inability to bring in crew from India, Ireland, Brazil, South Africa and the entire Schengen area, which means a good number of prior crew is not able to rejoin.

I have a B2B on the Dream starting on August 2nd (2021). The reservations are no longer showing up online and when I called I was told to expect an email in the next few hours about these cruises. I can only assume they will be cancelled, but I hope I am wrong.

I really hope this is the end of the Dream cancellations. I'm on the Dream Sept 3rd, and I'll be honest, i'm not 100% sure how I will feel if we are the very first cruise back. That said, I will feel even worse if it is cancelled.

The NYC Disney Magic sailings are also non-bookable (and reservations removed from guests profile). Disappointing... but not surprising. With the CSO potentially expiring on Nov.1, it does not make sense to bring the Magic to NYC in mid-October and go through the process. Just easier to have her sail straight through Miami... and maybe recrew?

If anyone is willing to post the cancellation email they get from DCL today if it has any restart information that would be awesome. I’m sorry your cruises were canceled. I really think Disney should have made this decision before requiring the August 2 cruises to be paid in full. I know you get credit but they should’ve extended your pif date. They had an idea of where this was going if not a complete plan.

The NYC Disney Magic sailings are also non-bookable (and reservations removed from guests profile). Disappointing... but not surprising. With the CSO potentially expiring on Nov.1, it does not make sense to bring the Magic to NYC in mid-October and go through the process. Just easier to have her sail straight through Miami... and maybe recrew?
Are those Magic cruises from NYC to Canada? The PVSA waiver wouldn't apply since it was specific to AK.

Interesting that it seems, for the Dream at least, they are now canceling 1 week at a time instead of the whole month. Do they feel they are close to deciding on a re-start date for the Dream? I'm booked on the Aug 9 Dream, so as of right now,, we're either first back or next canceled. Smart money is on the latter.

Interesting that it seems, for the Dream at least, they are now canceling 1 week at a time instead of the whole month. Do they feel they are close to deciding on a re-start date for the Dream? I'm booked on the Aug 9 Dream, so as of right now,, we're either first back or next canceled. Smart money is on the latter.

I think Aurora has it right, after the test cruise, they have to conduct medical monitoring of passengers for a period of time. So until those data are collected and a report prepared, they will have to keep pushing the return to sail dates. I saw on another thread that someone (maybe Aurora) was saying an estimated 20 days for CDC authorization after completion of the test sailing.

I agree that it makes no sense to do test cruises out of NYC for October if the CSO will expire 11/1.

I am quickly losing hope for Fantasy 9/25 - which is to celebrate the first anniversary of our 20th anniversary (that cruise was cancelled last September).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter