TR LIVE from BCV with PICS!! - Final thoughts Post #53

Sorry to hear about your DSis; hope all is well.

I have to say, I'm totally weirded out by your thread. It's amazing BTW, but it's just too weird b/c my DDad, DM, DH, and I are taking my 2 year old DD to WDW for NYE...and we're staying at BCV...and we're eating at the Plaza...and Tony's...and I get terrible migraines, too (I feel your pain)...and the Osbourne Lights our one of my fave things about WDW Christmas...and our DD loves to dance...and our DD has the same Mickey tank top as your DD's. Too weird!

Thanks for the stories; it's awesome to read ahead of time what we'll be doing, too! :lmao:

It looks like it's time for me to start planning our "someday" trip to WDW, and it will have to be at Christmastime. Your thread has convinced me that there are many reasons to make the trip. I'm not sure when it will be, but I'm plannin'.
Thanks for sharing. Will pray for your sis.
:santa:

Your pics are amazing! The girls are so cute, and your castle shots are stunning!
About the river boat - could you tell if the musicians were actually playing? I'm hoping to see this at DL on Jan. 2, and I really hope the musicians aren't faking it
Thanks for sharing your trip!

It appeared as if they were - I assumed so - now I'm wondering:confused3!!

Sorry to hear about your DSis; hope all is well.

I have to say, I'm totally weirded out by your thread. It's amazing BTW, but it's just too weird b/c my DDad, DM, DH, and I are taking my 2 year old DD to WDW for NYE...and we're staying at BCV...and we're eating at the Plaza...and Tony's...and I get terrible migraines, too (I feel your pain)...and the Osbourne Lights our one of my fave things about WDW Christmas...and our DD loves to dance...and our DD has the same Mickey tank top as your DD's. Too weird!

Thanks for the stories; it's awesome to read ahead of time what we'll be doing, too! :lmao:

WOW!! that is pretty neat!!:goodvibes I hope you all have as much fun as we are!!!

It looks like it's time for me to start planning our "someday" trip to WDW, and it will have to be at Christmastime. Your thread has convinced me that there are many reasons to make the trip. I'm not sure when it will be, but I'm plannin'.
Thanks for sharing. Will pray for your sis.
:santa:

Thanks for the prayers!! My very 1st trip to WDW was at Christmas time 3 yrs ago and I am forever hooked - the magic is just spread to a whole new level for the holidays!!!:santa:

Your DSis is in my prayers. pixiedust: for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Enjoying the updates. You are confirming that I really want to go to DW during Christmastime. The pictures are beautiful and the girls look like they are really enjoying themselves.

Day 7 – EPCOT

wdw12-4-09004.jpg

Well the weather finally caught up with us:sad2:. Six trips to WDW and this is the FIRST with constant rain!! We made it for rope drop at EPCOT and were about 4th in line at the character spot.
wdw12-4-09017.jpg

wdw12-4-09026.jpg

Next we went to Spaceship Earth another first for us – DD5 loved it and we all enjoyed the educational games. It was only 10:20a at this time and we needed something else to do. So we went to the Universe Energy thing – we have NEVER even been to that part of EPCOT!! It wasn’t horrible but definitely don’t need to do this again!!

When that was over it was steadily raining – our stroller, which had a plastic cover had several pools of water on it:confused:. We had planned to have lunch at Beaches N Cream - how could we stay at the BCV and NOT?!?!? So we braved the rain. Even with ponchos by the time we made it back I was soaked and the girls were a little wet – all our coats and wet clothes into the dryer and 20 mins later we were out the door with sweatshirts on to lunch:)! I had the cheeseburger, DH had the double, DD5 had a hotdog with fruit and DD2 had fries (she eats NOTHING). After dinner – we had the No Way Jose! OH MY!!! We were all in love:lovestruc!! DD2 had the mouse sundae that came with DD5s dinner and she ate the whole thing!! (Did I say she eats nothing – oh I forgot chocolate ice cream is something!)

wdw12-4-09039.jpg

wdw12-4-09040.jpg

After lunch I had packed our new DVD of UP! DH had taken DD5 to the theater to see it but DD2 and I had not yet. It was a really great movie!!
After we had an ADR for 1900 Park Fare for the Cinderella dinner. What a complete mess at GF!!! Apparently due to the weather they had created a staging area in the lobby of GF for the Christmas parade – it was CRAZY in there!! The worse part was the parking and entrance – there were several large trucks – apparently loading /unloading props and such add in the rain and it was NUTS!!! Dinner was awesome as usual DDs even danced with Cinderella and her Prince:yay:!
wdw12-4-09064.jpg

Here are some photos I took around the BCV and BC lobby:
wdw12-4-09035.jpg

wdw12-4-09043.jpg

wdw12-4-09044.jpg

wdw12-4-09045.jpg

Well that is it for the LIVE part – we leave tomorrow. This is the worst part of vacation:sad1::sad1:!!

BTW – to all of you who sent prayers, DSis is home – in a lot of pain but things went well, the stone was completely blocking her kidney! Thanks for your thoughts:hug:!

I am sad that you are leaving; I can't imagine how sad you must be. :sad2: I am happy you had such a wonderful trip. Enjoy your last night of vacation.

And I am SO happy your sister is home and on the mend!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the pics--love the BC!! The last night really is the worst part of vacation, but sounds and looks like it was a great time. Thanks for the TR!

Great pictures- Looks like you have had a fabulous time! Thanks for sharing your photos!

Just some final thoughts.

Now that we are home I am so SAD!!! I want to go back NOW!! :mickeyjum Ok tantrum over!!

I will say a live report is not easy - only because WDWs internet service leaves a lot to be desired. I could not type a post without it timing me out and everything was lost. I got smart on about day 3 - I know it took a while;) - and typed the written part in word then added the pictures after. But I did enjoy doing it....so will again in the future!!!

I have read other threads about the decorations and this is our 2nd trip to WDW in Dec (2006 was my 1st ever to WDW) we were at BCV and BC was nicely decorated and of course the gingerbread caurosel added to the sprirt. We felt very much "in the holiday" and possibly was our state of mind but I think the decor was very nice.

We also rented a stroller for MagicStrollers (OL partner). We have always brought our own but will NEVER again - this stroller is superb! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Also renting allows for having a stroller to and from the parks where we have the most trouble. It is amazing how our girls can RUN through the parks all day but as soon as it is time to go back to the room - they NEED carried!!!

We also had quite a few first time experiences on this trip:

Food:
Giordanos (pizza delivery) - AWESOME - and a nice way to relax and save a little money.
Rainforest Cafe - the food was good - nothing spectatular and the atmosphere was just OK - I expected more - I guess like Disney more. DH pointed out RC is a chain (I knew that but still thought within WDW it would be MORE).
50s Prime Time - AWESOME!! Actually I have been thinking about that Fried chicken since we returned!!
Beaches and Cream - the hype was right!!! Burgers were awesome and that No Way Jose - was possibly the BEST thing I have ever eaten!!! I didn't realize how small it was inside and we were really happy there was an open table when we arrived - but in the future I would wait!!!
The Plaza - Again I was shocked at how small it was but again great sandwiches and fries!! A nice place to grab a lighter meal to allow for a Mickey bar later!!!
Tony's - This was a nice surprise!! I had heard mised reviews from others who had been there. Let me preface this by saying - I am Italian and was raised on HOMEMADE sauce - every Sunday and am quite the snob with Italian - hence the reason it took so long for us to try it. While the sauce does not out do my or my mom's homemade ;) it was good, and the chicken parm was fabulous!! Definately will return!! DDs are also pasta fans so they ate well!!

Rides - if you followed my TR you know I did not ride anything prior to this summer. I was pleasantly surprised that Dumbo, Magic Carpets, Triceratops Spin and Goofy's Barnstormer were enjoyable!!

AP issues - apparently we aren't the only ones with this problem - but we could not use our APs in the FP machines - they worked fine going into the parks but for every FP machine at least one of the three did not work - the CMs were GREAT helping me and said this happens often with APs. Is it a product of them being paper and easily bent?? It was frustrating especially at TSM when there is a line behind you.

CMs I have also seen a number of threads about some not so Merry CMs but I have to say we did not encounter ANY during our stay. There were those who were definately MORE engaging than others - but no one who we felt was rude.

BCV - this was our first stay at this resort and we LOVED walking to EPCOT and also the dining options within the reosrt - Cape May Cafe, Beaches and Cream and the Marketplace. We both agreed that our room location took away from the excitement. We were on the furthest end of the building away from the main area of the resort. We were just a staircase away from our rental car - which was great BUT we were quite a walk from anywhere else. One of our fav things to do is put DDs to bed and DH goes to get us a treat (Mickey bars!!!) while we play cards. The walk to the Marketplace was longer than our walk at OKW & VWL. We both assumed because this was the smallest resort that would not be the case. But we will return and that was the ONLY con!!!

Merry Mixer - :santa: what fun was this!!! Our girls had such an awesome time.

As ususal our trips to WDW are ones that we all love and enjoy. We had a great time and many wonderful memories, that feeling that buying into DVC was the BEST thing we could do!!! We will be returning April 11-17 to celebrate my youngest DSis' grad from HS and with us will be my WHOLE family - Dad, Stepmom, DSis (21), DSis(18) and her DBF, Mom, Stepdad, DSis (31), DBIL, DNephew (8), DGM and the four of us!!! This will be a first trip for almost all of them!!! DSis (18) went 2 yrs ago for the band!!! We will be at OKW - with 1 - 2BDR and 4 studios!!!! :grouphug: I am so excited to share all of this with them!!!

Thanks for following along!!!

facebook twitter