TR | Happy Campers (December 2017)

Sunday Funday!
Gracie & Mommy day!

Grace had a 9:30 BB appointment and we thought it would be best to take an Uber to Disney Springs. It cost a whole $6.50 and saved a ton of time. This way we could leave the golf cart with the Daniels and Charlotte.

She always has her BB at the MK and wanted to try something new this trip. We planned a BB and a girls lunch and some shopping after.

Back story (needed for future read reference).

Not that it even matters how many she has or doesn't have, but...

At home she has between 8-12 Disney princess dresses. Most the dresses you buy at the BB and three or four are the deluxe versions. The girl lacks nothing in the princess dress department. Some are even vintage dresses from when my oldest was little. Grace tried on every dress twice and did a fashion show at home trying to decide what dress to wear for the BB appointment. After much deliberation she decided on a soft cotton Belle dress she got at Target a few weeks before the trip. She planned to have lunch and do shopping after the BB appointment and wanted to be comfortable and not itchy like the other dresses. Smart girl right?!

So we get there and the barely twenty something girl looks at her and asks what package. I told her we are doing the crown package. She looks direct at my daughter and says "Oh just the basic today" in the snottyist tone of all. I said, "No, we are doing the crown package". She then looks right at her knowing full well what she is wearing and says, "Do you have a princess dress today? Oh, no. No you don't, you have just a plain dress." My heart sank and then crumbled into a million pieces. I went from heart broken to a rage of red I never knew was in the color spectrum before. Just as I was about to unleash my rath like a momma bear protecting her cub naturally does, I stopped myself and remembered that this day is not mine, but hers. I calmed and turned to Grace for what her response was. It was the most amazing response of all! She responded with, "Oh but I am wearing a princess dress, it's Belle, can't you see? I love it cause it's soft and comfortable."

YEEeeeeeeeeeeSssssssssss!

My kid is awesome! My kid just responded in the best possible response EVER! She didn't let that snot get to her one little bit. She's good! She's good! This didn't phase her at all!

Me? I wanted to say and do some things I can't put in this report!!! How dare she!

The moment quickly passed and we were ushered in. Once Grace was settled in and getting her hair done, I looked for a manager. You bet, I quietly excused myself from Grace for a minute and quietly told that manager what just happened (away from any listening ears of course). I know that my child was not the first to hear that snot talk that way. If I don't say something, then that snot is going to continue down that path and the next girl may not be as strong as mine. Who talks to a child like that? Ugh!

Well wouldn't you like to know what happens next? Grace all of a sudden had three Fairy God-Mothers at her side for the duration of the BB process. At the end, they presented her with an extra special necklace. A necklace I'm sure someone ran over to get next door at the World of Disney. Before she got up out of the chair, the main Fairy God-Mother asked if she could have one wish what would it be. Grace responded with, "I just wish everyone could be as happy as me."

Oh my Lord! I cried! I mean, I cried!!!

You know when you go on vacation, there's bound to be problems, issues, bumps in the road, whatever you wanna call it. The thing I like most about Disney is if and when you encounter a problem and bring it to their attention, they don't just address the problem, they make you feel like there never was a problem to begin with at all.

We left there feeling like royalty!!!

IMG_2780.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

Next up, lunch at the Rain Forest Cafe. She got to sit next to the elephant.

IMG_2786.jpg

Then to the bakeries! This girl deserves two desert stops today.

IMG_2785.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

BEST GIRLS DAY EVER says us!

Last edited:
Thanks, Kris!

After the best day ever one should continue on and have the best night ever! We went back home and relaxed for a while. After a nice rest up we all went over to the sing along. We roasted some marshmallows, watched a bit of the movie, and had food truck for dinner. A little looping to see a few more decorated sites concluded our evening.

IMG_2804.jpg

IMG_2805.jpg

Monday

You know she's going to rock that hair more than just one day, right?

IMG_2790.jpg

Adding in Charlotte for extra sweetness!

IMG_2791.jpg

Now, I know better than to go to MK on a Monday, but here I am.

IMG_2792.jpg

Kids wanted to go ride Space Mountain and who am I to say no. I love the boat ride to and from so why not. I figured we could go over for a few attractions, grab a Mickey shaped food snack or two and call it good. We did the mountains and then the whole wide world came over to MK.

Way way to peopley for me!

IMG_2793.jpg

Get me out! Boat! Boat! Go for the boat!

Ah, that's so much better!

IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_2796.jpg

We were back to the site around eleven and grilled up lunch. After that we had some Fast Passes for FOP and EE. Nothing gets past the Grace and she realizes there are now two new badges to collect for the Wilderness Explorer, so we did that first.

IMG_2795.jpg

The kids were vibrating with sugar and excitement from FOP & EE and wanted to head over to HS for RR. I'm not sure it was worth it just to go over for one attraction, so we did TT too!

Day done! I'm calling it good!

The water light parade was once again our lullaby. I don't know who those people are that can stay up for the light parade. Likely those who don't attempt three parks in a day and chase a toddler too.

Tuesday

It's really nice out today and a great day for a water park. Something new!!! Daniel takes the kids over to Typhoon Lagoon from park open to close. He said there was only about 10 other families and had zero wait at all times. Charlotte and I stayed home and baked goodies and napped. After hubby and kids returned we grilled out and did some looping. Early bed, we have rope drop at MK tomorrow.

Wednesday

The day we fight people!

Today is a EMH day & also a non party day. Why the hell am I back here? I don't know. I just don't know. We did alright for the day. We did Space, Thunder, Pirates, Jingle Cruise, Dumbos, Small World and had a great lunch at the Beast Castle.

Now, I told myself we would not do any parades this year. It's madness I tell ya, madness. However, I find that it's 1:15 and I just know Charlotte is going to love it, so lets make our way over to the exit under the railroad station and get our great spot there. We roll up about 1:25 and get a great spot. It's still early and the crowd has only formed down Main Street at this point.

We have a double stroller that forms a V in the front. It has a small space to the left and to the right of the V where both Grace and Daniel stand to watch the parade. Charlotte stays buckled in. We park the stroller right up to the edge of marker. We know what to do here. We know that if someone trys to comes and squeezes in that 1/2 inch you left open (and that they always do) the parade patrol will walk along and usher them to move back behind the marker line. That then gives them the front row they just swindled from you and you are now in the second row. Been there, done that! Not this time. So Daniel is standing on his little spot next to the V and Grace on the opposite end and we are a happy family, happily waiting for the parade. Little Daniel takes off and runs to the bubbles the cart people are blowing. His little piece of parade spot is open for an entire 10 seconds. I look down and there is a grown woman with her three year old daughter crouching down in the empty space the V stroller makes. My sons only spot! I tell her, "excuse me, that is my sons spot". She turns around and with the most twisted pretzel face and then growls back at me, "Well where is he? I don't see your son. He can stand in the stroller." Easy Melissa. Easy. Just take a breath before you respond. Before I could say anything. My husband who is standing right behind her says, "You need to move lady. We were here first. You can't make my son stand in a stroller." Her husband (who is standing right behind my husband) yells, "Hey, you can't talk to my wife that way." And in my cool calm collective self, I give off a Lion King like tone..."Move it lady, NOW!!!" That moment to attempt to calm myself before responding sure did help, huh? She moved an entire 2 foot over and did the same thing to another family who didn't say a word. I just wanted to go tell her off again for the sake of that family.

What is wrong with people??? Why do they think, it's ok to just walk all over another family to get a good spot. Ugh! This is why I don't like to do parades. I feel that from the moment you find your parade spot and through the entire duration of the parade one must come prepared to battle.

I feel like this!

IMG_2564.jpg

You may try to take my parade spot, but you will never take my FREEDOM!

Now you see these cute little families all over the parks with their matching shirts, right? Well next trip I'm making us all shirts that say...I will fight you if you try and take my parade spot! Naturally it should be in Disney font.

I'm kidding on the shirts!

Last edited:
14596.jpeg If you ever are looking for a different girly experience, the Ivy Trellis salon at the grand Floridian was an awesome experience for my girls. They have a princess package where the girls get an updo, crown, and nails painted. It's an actual salon and they did a beautiful job. The ladies working there were so sweet too.
Edit to add picture:

Last edited:

Thank you! I will look into doing this for our next trip. I would love to try something new with Grace!

If you ever are looking for a different girly experience, the Ivy Trellis salon at the grand Floridian was an awesome experience for my girls. They have a princess package where the girls get an updo, crown, and nails painted. It's an actual salon and they did a beautiful job. The ladies working there were so sweet too.

Thank you! I will look into doing this for our next trip. I would love to try something new with Grace!
I added a picture of one of the girls. They asked each girl what they wanted and did it. It's still one of my favorite memories especially of the awesome interaction with the cms there.

Thursday

We have a pattern going incase you haven't noticed.

Park Day - Fort Day - Park Day - Fort Day

We slept in and made a big breakfast of bacon, eggs, and pancakes. Then had coffee outside while the kids looped on their bikes. Lovely relaxing morning. I think we're on our 4th round of neighbors to our left and 2nd set to our right. Fun loving, whiskey drinker who cusses a lot is to our right. He's pretty quiet. I like him!

We did some looping and then hubby and kids went swimming after lunch while Charlotte napped. We all went back to the pool after Charlotte woke up and then had food truck for dinner.

Charlotte says, "They're never getting me out of this honey hole. I'm staying."

IMG_2806.jpg

Melissa,

Your trip reports are a fun-filled pleasure to read, so thank you for sharing some of your Disney adventures with us. I am relieved that your girls' day stayed positive in spite of the snarky Cruella de Vil.

Friday

It's our last park ticket day, so lets do this park day up!

IMG_2815.jpg

We hoarded back a few rider switches...

IMG_2818.jpg

And felt like this the entire day!

IMG_2822.jpg

Oh, yes!

IMG_2814.jpg

You know my trip report has to include an annual daddy & his daughters Dumbo photo! Charlotte had the time of her life!

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

We did pretty much everything by noon! It was awesome!

Then we headed over to HS & AK and rider switched it up some more!

We finished things up at Epcot and got to experience the candlight processional for the first time. Tracy Adkins was the narrator. I didn't get any pictures as we were in the back standing with everyone else that didn't want to wait the two hours for the main seating area. It's ok. I got to experience the performance and that was good enough for me.

We made the last park day an epic one to remember that's for sure!

IMG_2821.jpg

Well folks, it's been another great trip! I sure do enjoy and appreciate the time everyone takes when sharing about their trip report and I hope you all enjoyed mine.

In conclusion...

I think we will stay with January for future trips. I loved seeing all the holiday decorations and temps were a bit warmer. However, I like the lower crowds that January brings and I perfer my Fort music over the holiday tunes.

We just entered our home state and will soon be home.

Till next year!
Merry Christmas all!

IMG_2832.jpg

Last edited:
Wednesday

Now you see these cute little families all over the parks with their matching shirts, right? Well next trip I'm making us all shirts that say...I will fight you if you try and take my parade spot! Naturally it should be in Disney font.

I'm kidding on the shirts!

Aww man....I like the shirt idea...even if you just wear them for the parade...

Loved reading your TR! I'm not a camper so will probably stick to the resorts, but it could be fun to rent an RV for a shorter trip once (if I ever bring kids along)!

For the parade issue in the future, you can also try bringing a towel/parade blanket and putting it on the ground. May deter some annoying entitled people to trying to steal your spots!

Thanks for the write up. It looks like another great trip. I completely understand about the crowds. Now that DS is out of school and we aren't locked into busy times, we will also be going during slower (there are never "slow" times anymore)

And I didn't realize your DH was so tall. Or are you that short? Hard to tell other than he looks huge in the pick on Main St. at MK.

j

He is 6 foot 7 inches.

Thanks for the write up. It looks like another great trip. I completely understand about the crowds. Now that DS is out of school and we aren't locked into busy times, we will also be going during slower (there are never "slow" times anymore)

And I didn't realize your DH was so tall. Or are you that short? Hard to tell other than he looks huge in the pick on Main St. at MK.

j

j

I met both and yes hubby is tall and sorry Melissa, you are kind of short. I am tall and bert is tall and I remember telling bert after meeting you guys that Daniel makes him look short.

He is 6 foot 7 inches.
That explains it. I'm only 5'7", but my DW's family is all tall (except DW and her twin- 5'4"). My F-I-L is 6'4" and DW's brother is 6'5". You have to be taller than them before I notice. We had a new resident at work who has to duck to go in doors. When asked how tall, he just says "around 7 ft." I noticed him too.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!