Toy Story land updates?

Check the DHS construction thread, and aerial images thread.

As of right now Toy story land will be open for the summer.

It looks like they're ahead of schedule on the Slinky Dog Coaster. The whip it ride, not so much. But I take it that the latter would take much less time to build and install anyway. I'd say a Memorial Day opening similar to Avatar last year is their intended goal.

It looks like they're ahead of schedule on the Slinky Dog Coaster. The whip it ride, not so much. But I take it that the latter would take much less time to build and install anyway. I'd say a Memorial Day opening similar to Avatar last year is their intended goal.
Yes that is their goal.

I'm sure there are threads to link to but my initial search didn't come up with any. Rumors as to when it'll open? Am I being too ambitious hoping it'll be open for our June 20 trip?

Just summer. I’d guess about August but no definite answer has been announced yet

I'm going to go against my normal "later than sooner" beliefs and say it will be open Memorial Day Weekend. Disney (and other Orlando parks) has had that weekend as debut time of late. The area really hasn't much in the way of complicated theme, the rides almost done, now they need some landscaping and adjustments. No reason it can't be open before summer .......... when crowds of school age kids come.

JMO, of course only Disney knows.

Maybe there will be soft opening rides earlier in May?? It was like that for Seven Dwarfs ride, we saw empty cars and cars with staff running but then read a few days after we were there some general public got rides to test it out.

Now that the Rumor Mod is here ;), moving to Rumors as this thread is very speculative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter