Townesuites by Marriott - Flamingo Crossings

Smittolis

DIS Veteran
I've commented on our stay on a number of threads but I wanted to clean it up and put them all in one place.

We stayed at the Townsuites by Marriott at Flamingo Crossings in August of this year. This my family's first ever stay offsite when being at Disney, so it was a big deal for them! But it also gave a good 'first impression' for people that are looking to do the same.

For those that are not familiar with Townesuites at Flamingo Crossings, here is a quick location reference:

iTjDQ53FC8IkRdaacKsDohS_QnvIqZmakqat-enTVBECqo5xz5IyKwfqmVd0GfPlRG5-JRgt5X3VsZO2glpgiewXLnhnL_rdW3gvMRFSO2mt-EOgoSvXe1X8Coxpn3N-mgf8EIsbWg=w2400

We decided to give the Townesuites a try as it was relatively new (a couple of years old) and we had stayed at numerous others around the country. We purchased the weeks stay via a package deal offered on Alaska Air's website, this included flights and 1 weeks accommodation. I personally have stopped offsite at a number of places, my most recent visit was to the Marriott's Orlando World Center. And while it was good, I found the location to be difficult at times. The straight run from the Townesuites was attractive!

We rented a big old Suburban for the first week of our trip via Costco Travel, this was $490. It was basically a new suburban with a few hundred miles on the clock, the kids were impressed! haha...

The hotel follows the same usual set up, 1 side is the Springhill Suites, while the other side is the Townesuites. They share the pool and other amenities but are not necessarily overcrowded.

Hotel:

We found the hotel to be clean and well appointed, the lobby was spacious and bright and welcoming. The furniture and decor was new and in good order, all in all it was a positive impression right of the bad. It has lots of Disney references in there too....

The staff were all super friendly and overall we had a positive experience.

The rooms were relatively clean, although I did find some 'nether region' hair on the toilet bowl.... Mmmm lol. Other than that, the rooms were clean, well dressed and welcoming. Warning, the pillows are super super soft, not something that was a favorite of myself nor my wife!

Pool:

The pool has a zero entry at one end and kind of branches off into a boxy 'Y' shape, we found it to be an adequate pool although, at peak times it got busy. There are no lifeguards on duty, and its the kind of place that parents tend to spend more time consuming alcohol than watching their kids, so just a mental note to those with young ones.

Travel:

We found the travel to Publix, Walmart, Target to be really convenient as its right by the freeway on ramp. We found the drive to any of the parks to be convenient and quick. In my video I put some distances and times from Google maps at the end as comparisons. As we have disabled parking we were able to park right up front and in many cases, we had faster and more convenient transport with a double stroller that we would if we stayed at many of the deluxes and used Disney transport. So we were very happy with that.

Value:

When factoring in all costs, we paid a little of $80 per night inclusive of tax and breakfast every day. I am not sure there are many better values that can offer the same level of people in a room while also having a relatively short commute to the parks. We thought it represented very good value.

Would we stay there again?

Possibly, I say this for a few reasons....

1. We had problems with our fridge that were never addressed and resulted in me having to make a complaint to Marriott. I don't have time to go into it this morning but perhaps I can do it after class.
2. The clientele staying there were just very rude, they were rude to the staff and just not very 'Disney'. I know this is more of a society thing, but it's not something i have noticed previously when staying on site.
3. Having to have a car increases the per day costs, although does give you freedom to use a supermarket / grocery store.
4. The value is excellent and if we were to trade off staying at Disney for longer by staying offsite for a week and then onsite for a week then yes, we would do it again... we'd just do things a little differently with our plans.
5. We are used to staying at the Poly, Contemporary, BLT, Wilderness Lodge, so at times our perspective of what are 'minimum standards' are somewhat skewed, something we are aware of.

Here is my youtube video of the room and travel times etc...

Out of 5 stars, it would get a 3.5-4 stars ;o)

Thanks for your review - we just booked 4 nights there for a short impromptu stay in early November. We'd been looking at Red Lion and Baymont Inn off 192, but I was able to get TownePlace for just a few dollars more. Can't wait!

You will enjoy it, for the location, quality and price it's hard to beat. I'd like to try bonnet creek @HopperFan at some point though... but feel we are destined for onsite visits for the foreseeable future! Lol

You will enjoy it, for the location, quality and price it's hard to beat. I'd like to try bonnet creek @HopperFan at some point though... but feel we are destined for onsite visits for the foreseeable future! Lol

Every time I go to book it I am drawn back to our Hilton (got to work at keeping that Diamond) .... I read they are building three Hilton's next door so that will draw me in (and another Marriott). I love the location.

They are also building a large DCP complex so that should speed up some other dining etc construction when it happens.

I’d be more impressed if you didn’t seem to be passing judgement on the other guests. Wonder what they would have said about you?

They would've said 'wonderful' things about me because I am awesome :o)

Making staff cry and shouting obscenities would classify as being 'rude' by anyone's standards..... thanks for the positive contribution

I stayed there in April. Never used the pool, basically just slept and ate breakfast there. I found it convenient to drive to the parks. Breakfast was crowded which was not a surprise. Front desk staff was friendly. I would stay again for the price.

We stayed there last yr and the drive to the parks was short and usually traffic free. The breakfast was not bad at all and usually well stocked. The only downside I found was the drive to get food was a pain but still only like 10 mins to anything you could want.

Just an FYI we booked through the website SKY AUCTION and the standard room for a week was only 75 a night for an early October stay

Considering a short stay here. Just to confirm (I think I know the answer, but...) despite Flamingo Crossings being technically Disney property these get none of the EMH/60-day perks that the Disney Springs hotels do, right?

Thanks for the review!

Considering a short stay here. Just to confirm (I think I know the answer, but...) despite Flamingo Crossings being technically Disney property these get none of the EMH/60-day perks that the Disney Springs hotels do, right?

Thanks for the review!

Actually they are technically NOT Disney property. Disney owned all the land in the area and has been selling the land piece by piece while being very selective. Those hotels are owned by a hotel group. They also own 5 other parcels nearby that have not been developed yet.

Also much of the land in the area is owned by Flamingo Crossings LLC, a company Disney set up and put the land in to. It is this LLC that sells off the parcels. But it all falls into the Reedy Creek Improvement District which means Disney ultimately controls everything that happens.

Last edited:
Here’s my current Disney strategy- I rent my long paid for DVC points via David’s. That pays for my annual fees with enough left over to stay at a Marriott property.

I get all of the DVC benefits plus a lot of nights toward being Marriott platinum (previously Gold).

I thought I'd bring this thread back to give my impressions about this hotel. We stayed Nov. 10th - 14th and were very happy overall. Breakfast was a little crowded, but it was always well stocked and manageable (if you don't mind waiting for waffles...). The room was fantastic, especially for the price (we paid $81/night), comfortable beds, great housekeeping. We didn't use the pool, but it looked inviting. The only blemish on the stay was the day my wife stayed back at the hotel in the morning, then wanted to join us at the park. She called the front desk to inquire about a cab & was rather rudely told she'd have to use Uber or Lyft. Other than that the staff was friendly and accommodating. We would have - and tried to - extend our stay for the rest of the week, but they were booked up. We ended up at Mystic Dunes the rest of the week, which was OK too.
Overall happy with our stay & would do it again.

We have stayed at Flamingo Crossings several times at both hotels for overnight visits to get 2 days use from our AP's. We think it is a real jewel for the price and what you get. A suite room, no parking fee, breakfast included and a very easy drive to and from the parks. They offer several discounts such as senior, AAA and Marriott member. There may be other discounts but those are the ones I check. The staff at both hotels has always been very friendly and helpful. There is a restaurant onsite but we have not used it. I always bring food for dinner with us when I know we are staying there. It is very nice to have a frig and microwave in the room. I noticed a sign in the lobby that they offer transportation to the parks for $5 per person but I do not know the specifics. As Marriott members, we have always been upgraded to a fireworks view. There are no balconies but it was fun to watch the MK fireworks from the window :)

I have stayed at both Marriott properties at Flamingo Crossings on several occasions (more than 10). For what it is worth, I have never encounter or witnessed guest that are rude to other guest or staff. I have had several experiences with rude guest at the Disney value resorts. Cheer-leading groups, sports teams, grad night schools staying at the Disney values without enough supervision come to mind. Given the choice I would prefer to stay at either Flamingo Crossings Marriott property over a Disney value resort. Especially, since the rooms are larger, include breakfast, no parking fees and are often less expensive. In addition, we have 5 in our family so the layout of Town Suites works better for us as opposed to a Disney Value. I do have my own car whenever we travel to WDW so that is not a factor for us.

The OP stated they often stay at the Poly, Contemporary, BLT, and Wilderness Lodge these two properties are in no way shape or form comparable to a Disney Deluxe category resort. They are also nowhere near the price rang so to compare them, in my opinion, is not a just comparison. I think the most I have ever paid to stay here is around $115 for a Holiday weekend. We typically pay about $80-90 a night here. The prices here are often far less than a Disney value resort for the same dates.

Admittedly, there are two down sides I can see to these property for some. First, there is no transportation to and from the airport for those flying in and the park shuttle is limited at best and cost. Also, it is a bit off the beaten path for dinning. Unless, you want to eat at their one restaurant or bring/deliver your own grocery items you really need a car or to spend a great deal on uber/cabs. However, if you have access to a vehicle it's not too far to get to 192 or onsite to Disney. Parking is free at these properties vs being a guest at a Disney Hotel. If you have a vehicle we rather enjoy this property for a budget friendly trip.

Last edited:
Very helpful post. Deciding on an offsite place to stay for upcoming solo trip. 2-3 nights tacked onto my Boardwalk Villa DVC (renting points) stay. How does everyone find these low price per night deals? I am looking early Sept, few days after Labor Day and rates are $128 range with AAA discount. Don’t want a week’s stay so no skyauction, etc for me.

Last edited:
If you have access to Tickets at Work you might try there - we used them to book Springhill Suites in early August for $84 a night.

We booked ours via an airline which tended to use expedia and priceline as a 3rd party. If you are flying, try combining it with a flight via your carrier, that is how we got such a great deal.

We stayed at Springhill-Flamingo Crossings last summer and will again next month. Our rate is about $75 plus tax.

We found the hotel to be clean and comfortable, convenient to parks via Western Way, and a short drive to restaurants and Walmart.

Breakfast was adequate but would have enjoyed more variety after a few days.

We had dinner at the hotel’s restaurant one night and enjoyed the food.

yes we have stayed there twice and both times we had fridge issues. They did switch out the fridge one time. The 2nd visit I said I would not stay again. The pool area was so crowded and loud. I had to call the front desk because it was midnight and kids we running in the hall banging on doors. But since word has gotten out the resort is not nice to stay at now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter