Towncar recent experience

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
I recently used FL Tours for a one-way trip from MCO to hotel. I had not pre-paid. I booked an SUV, not a limousine.

When I got off the plane, I did not have to stop to use the restroom (it's a miracle!) (actually a short flight after a layover). The driver called me when I was waiting for the monorail to the main terminal. I had checked a bag. He asked me to call him when the bags started coming out. I called him, and he met me inside the building near baggage claim.

The first thing he did was hand me a receipt showing the amount I was to pay when we arrived at the hotel. I guess that makes sense; the driver doesn't want to get to the hotel and have a difficult passenger complain about the cost.

But I was surprised that the receipt showed "$110 + tip 22."

I had planned to give him a $22 tip, which was 20% of the cost of the ride.

But if I had requested a grocery stop, and he had to deal with a lot of grocery bags, I would have planned to increase the tip.

If I had been unhappy with the service, I would have wanted to decrease the tip.

I'm just posting so that other people aren't surprised by this practice.

Ugh! I hate automatically added tips like that, enough that if they auto add them I don't tip any higher. Sadly they do this as some don't tip at all and that hurts the drivers. Thanks for the heads up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter