Towles

ExecChef

Mouseketeer
I realize the fact that we know it when we purchased the membership, but I think that the deal with the towles is a bit strange, it is ok if you have a washer and dryer in room but for studios it crazy. I think that it should be at least every two days, sorry if I am the only one with this felling, reminds me of the college days.

It is not that you are necessarily deprived of a towel change for four days if you want one. You can request one even daily but there is a charge (used to be $6, not sure if it is still the same).

There is a laundry room that DVC members can use. There is no charge. So it's really no different than being in a 1-2-3BR.

Anne

How often do people wash there sheets and towels at home?

I change my sheets and towels out every 5-7 days . I have no problem with the way towels are worked right now, like someone said you can get all the towels you want by calling and asking for them ( and paying for them )

How often do people wash there sheets and towels at home?

I change my sheets and towels out every 5-7 days . I have no problem with the way towels are worked right now, like someone said you can get all the towels you want by calling and asking for them ( and paying for them )

I totally agree....I change my towels and bed linens weekly....and if it's the fact that you use them at the pools....you don't need to bring the towels from your room to the pool, they are supplied there!

We have no problem with the current system, as we always get a 2 bedroom and wash as needed.

Sheets at home get changed weekly, bath towels are fresh daily. Hand towels about every 3rd day, not that it really matters what we do. :rotfl:

Who needs towels? Just stand out on the terrace/balcony and put the fan on high.

OH...so it was your thong that ended up in the bushes last year at SSR...damn that fan :rotfl:

You have the option of paying for additional trash & towel service, $10 per day requested. This way, only the members who want extra service pay for it rather than increasing everyone's dues to pay for additional housekeeping.

personally i never did understand the whole "we need new freshly folded towels every day" thing. face cloths ok because you use them to wash with and they'll get dirty.... but bath towels? if you are using them to dry off after a shower they are still pretty clean - after all you just had a shower to get clean so really they are just wet - if you hang them up after your shower they'll be try but the night and you can use them for your next shower.

we always bring a big beach towel for each of us to use at the pools anyways so if needed we have that to use but i don't wash my towels every day (or my sheets) and will hang them back up to dry for at least 2 showers sometimes 3 before i toss them in the laundry.

just don't feel the need to waste so much water and personal energy to lug them up and down the stairs every day.

not to mention with 5 adults and 1 child in the house - that's all we'd ever be washing.

We just pay for 1 set of extra towels and then do 2 T&T extra as well. We request the days so we end up with fresh towels for each of us everyday.So for $26 not big in the grand scheme of things. It keeps DW from having to wash anything.

if you are using them to dry off after a shower they are still pretty clean

Bascially with me, if it wipes my butt, even after showering, I ain't using it again the next day to dry my face and hair. Each to his own, plus all those dead skin cells, yuck. Actually I had seen something on TV about the germs/bacteria that starts to grow in a used towel....dead skin is shed, etc and the towel is moist so perfect breeding ground for bacteria to grow. One family spread a skin fungus because one kid had it and the others in the family get using the unclean towels.

Hand towels I will reuse not a bath towel. But I am fine with the current policy, as we always have a laundry.

Bascially with me, if it wipes my butt, even after showering, I ain't using it again the next day to dry my face and hair. Each to his own, plus all those dead skin cells, yuck. Actually I had seen something on TV about the germs/bacteria that starts to grow in a used towel....dead skin is shed, etc and the towel is moist so perfect breeding ground for bacteria to grow. One family spread a skin fungus because one kid had it and the others in the family get using the unclean towels.

Hand towels I will reuse not a bath towel. But I am fine with the current policy, as we always have a laundry.

I think I must have seen the same TV show that you did.

I am the same way.
I will not reuse a bath towel or a washcloth. Ewww!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter