Towels for excursions?

sinnika

DIS Veteran
Sorry if this has been asked before, but will DCL have towels that we can use for shore excursions (ones not booked thru DCL) or should I plan to pack some or purchase towels on the ship for this?

If they are NON DCL excursions you can use the towels they have in boxed bins near the pool. They are not the large beach towels, but you can take as many as you need. We don't pack towels, as they take up too much room in our luggage.

On CC they will have them there for all passengers as you get off the ship onto the island.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but will DCL have towels that we can use for shore excursions (ones not booked thru DCL) or should I plan to pack some or purchase towels on the ship for this?

Like Mommasita said, you may use the ones by the pool.....but.....please bring them back even though it can be a pain....trying to keep costs down for all of us! ;)

Like Mommasita said, you may use the ones by the pool.....but.....please bring them back even though it can be a pain....trying to keep costs down for all of us! ;)

Thanks! Good to know we don't have to pack our own. I would rent them from Chaakanaab in Cozumel if I could, but I emailed them and they said they don't rent towels, or provide them either. Same for Cpt Marvin's Stingray City and snorkel at GC that we booked on our own. I promise to bring them back to the ship. That's pretty thoughtless of peple not to. :guilty:

Just remember to pick them up by the pool before you head down to leave the ship. They don't have them at the exit except for CC where they hand them out on the dock area.

For our 2 DCL excursions on 12/27 Western, they had towels where we met to get our stickers, turn in our tickets etc., as we walked out to head off the ship

And there's always a big bin before you get on the ship to put your dirty towels on the way back. It worked out great.

Of course my DD is like a little cop and was really upset that I was bringing them off the ship. She felt I was stealing. :rotfl: She felt much better when she saw the return bin on the way back. It was a pain to step to the side and get out the dirties but she insisted that I return them there and not up in the bin by the pool. I've got a crazy kid!! :rotfl2:

For our 2 DCL excursions on 12/27 Western, they had towels where we met to get our stickers, turn in our tickets etc., as we walked out to head off the ship

Yes, DCL sponsored excursion have towels provided at the meeting venue. NON DCL excursions you must pick up your towels up by the pool at ports other than CC (where they hand them out when you leave the ship).

Here is a pic of the towel return bin. Yes, I know I am eccentric for taking that picture but I know Disers have questions, and I like to have pics!!!

2638177350037669762S425x425Q85.jpg

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter