Tourist attractions in Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Tokyo

We spent two days at HK DL, but we also spent a couple of hours waiting out a downpour, and we went on some rides multiple times (did Mystic Manor three or four times).

Thanks for the tips. Is Hong Kong DL really small? I was planning 2 days there.

If you skip things that exist in other parks and aren't doing a lot of character greetings, one day would be enough. But if you want to do absolutely everything, then it would make sense to do multiple days. So are you OK skipping Fantasyland, Tarzan's Treehouse and eating quick service or do you want to have a leisurely afternoon tea and hit your favorite rides multiple times?

We spent two days at HK DL, but we also spent a couple of hours waiting out a downpour, and we went on some rides multiple times (did Mystic Manor three or four times).
Mystic Manor is definitely on my list. It looks neat.

Hong KOng is small, unless you spend days hiking the surrounding hills!
Okay, I'll take that into consideration.

If you skip things that exist in other parks and aren't doing a lot of character greetings, one day would be enough. But if you want to do absolutely everything, then it would make sense to do multiple days. So are you OK skipping Fantasyland, Tarzan's Treehouse and eating quick service or do you want to have a leisurely afternoon tea and hit your favorite rides multiple times?
I'd rather explore things, even the repeats. That's why I was originally planning two days. If I do change it to a single day, I can focus on the new things though. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks, now, I just need to figure out where to take it.

I love Kyoto, far more than Tokyo. Definitely worth a few days to explore if you are able to allocate some time there.

I don't know what season yet. It will most likely be Christmas break or Summer vacation, so we do not need to pull the kids out of school. The only problem with making it over Christmas break is I have to squeeze everything into 2 weeks, and I was hoping to make it more like 3. I know it will not be Spring. Having it over Christmas does give us six more months to save, but the costs will probably be more expensive, too.
If you're going for summer I would recommend going as early as possible and doing Hong Kong first. I did Hong Kong over the first two days of June and I thought it was already uncomfortably humid. Shanghai and Tokyo (at least when I visited) weren't nearly as humid in that time frame. Because Hong Kong Disneyland is also smaller and less stressful than the others, I'd also recommend doing it first since it is far less stressful than Shanghai and Tokyo, especially helpful if you're dealing with jetlag while you're there.

Is Hong Kong DL really small? I was planning 2 days there.
Yes. Many people could do it one day easily as there aren't as many attractions and the park itself just isn't as popular as Tokyo and Shanghai. That said, Hong Kong often has very short hours (and there's little to no downside to staying off property since there are no on-site perks, park opening time tends to be around 10:30, and commuting from the city is relatively painless) and some areas/attractions have special hours. I personally was there about a day and a quarter two years ago, and I would have liked a little more time, though ultimately I was able to see everything I wanted to. Many people probably would not need two full days for HKDL.

I would recommend two full days at SDL and four full days at TDR.

I love Kyoto, far more than Tokyo. Definitely worth a few days to explore if you are able to allocate some time there.

If you're going for summer I would recommend going as early as possible and doing Hong Kong first. I did Hong Kong over the first two days of June and I thought it was already uncomfortably humid. Shanghai and Tokyo (at least when I visited) weren't nearly as humid in that time frame. Because Hong Kong Disneyland is also smaller and less stressful than the others, I'd also recommend doing it first since it is far less stressful than Shanghai and Tokyo, especially helpful if you're dealing with jetlag while you're there.

Yes. Many people could do it one day easily as there aren't as many attractions and the park itself just isn't as popular as Tokyo and Shanghai. That said, Hong Kong often has very short hours (and there's little to no downside to staying off property since there are no on-site perks, park opening time tends to be around 10:30, and commuting from the city is relatively painless) and some areas/attractions have special hours. I personally was there about a day and a quarter two years ago, and I would have liked a little more time, though ultimately I was able to see everything I wanted to. Many people probably would not need two full days for HKDL.

I would recommend two full days at SDL and four full days at TDR.
Thanks, Kyoto sounds nice. I'll look into it.

I appreciate the tip on the humidity. It gets hot where I'm from, but it's a dry heat. The humidity takes a lot more out of me.

I think I will do 2 park days at each of the Chinese parks and 4 at the Japanese parks. If I feel I've done everything, I can always cut the second day short at HKDL. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter