Totally Objective and Scientific Poll: Which is better - monorail or skyliner?

Which is better?

• Monorail

Votes: 94 48.7%
  • Skyline

Votes: 99 51.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just to let everyone know, I set the poll up so you can change your vote. So if you voted incorrectly the first time, you can change your vote to monorail.
You sound insecure about your incorrect choice, and seem to be trying to get others to reaffirm your incorrect...ness. :)

I find the monorails dirty and claustrophobic.

Just back fro BLT trip. Rode the Monorail many times and I was really impressed at how good and well kept the monorails are. No loose panels, very clean a with all hardware installed. They have recently put some effort into fixing them up.
The monorails are nostalgic but they have a smell that I can best describe as a mixture of a barn and sweat so my vote is the Skyliner.
I know that smell well. However I just rode 4 or 5 of the monorails and there was no smell, AC was working and everything was clean and bright.

As an owner at BLT and BWV, the monorail is the BEST when at BLT; and the Skyliner is the BEST when at the BWV. They both are terrible when I stay at SSR.

Skyliner. The monorail used to be where it's at but....doors fall off that thing.

And really, you can't beat the continuous load aspect of the Skyliner.

We were trying to explain it to my dad the other day. He has never ridden the Skyliner but is very familiar with the bus situation at EPCOT park close. He just couldn't believe how fast the Skyliner eats through the line of people when the park closes. Hopefully he will join us on another trip so he can see for himself.

Monorail is nostalgic, but smells of dirty diapers.

Skyliner is new, don’t smell, but sway in the winds and can have long pauses.

Monorail wins for me, for nostalgic reason, it is WDW. I

Last edited:
I'm reminded of the unofficial slogan of the Transportation board: There is no pixie dust in transportation.

Monorail is my choice because it is to the point and efficient.

Gondolas are our main go to on ski trips but if we didn't do that, it would feel ultra special....Nice and slow, time to chill except the lines and breakdowns don't sound worth it. Our first and only trip was paired with Topolinos.

I like monorail any old day but given limitless luxury of time, skyliner.

Monorail has the edge for me. Skyliner is useful, but a bit tight for wife’s motorized wheelchair

Monorail wins for me.

Could have just been our experience, but the skyliner stopped / paused a lot when we rode last trip. Took what felt like forever to get from Riviera to Epcot due to stoppages. Not to mention it doesn't run in bad weather.

Well, after a rip roaring weekend where we saw the Skyliner pulled way ahead, the race is tightening up again. The monorail is surging, and the Skyliner is lingering.

Which is typical, because when you consider all the times it shuts down and leaves people waiting in line, or stranded in midair...maybe it should be called the "Sky-linger" :p

The monorails are nostalgic but they have a smell that I can best describe as a mixture of a barn and sweat so my vote is the Skyliner.
That smell on the monorail is the main reason I voted for the skyliner. Also, as mentioned before, I like the fact that your family gets its own car. More peaceful.

Walking, then driving (other than MK), then Monorail, then skyliner, then buses.

The monorail seems less efficient during busier times, but we'd still take it over the skyliner. There are too many unpredictable things that can happen to shut down the skyliner, and the bus alternatives when it's shutdown are not very practical. And we certainly don't want to get stuck IN the skyliner for any extended period of time, which did happen for a short time (less than 10 minutes) for us once - probably the main reason we avoid it whenever possible.

I like both, but I’m team Skyliner. I loved the old Skyway at Disneyland, though. There’s just a level of relaxation and pace with the Skyliner that I enjoy. I’ll take it for a ride even when I’m not going to the parks. Plus, we spend most of our time at Epcot and HS, so it’s a big win for us. I hope they keep building more stations.

Neither. Both equal masses of humanity with easy access to your hotel lobby and the ability to clog up your quick serve >:( >:( . (Full disclosure: I've been guilty of grabbing a bite at Captain Cook's more than once, and we've never stayed at PVB).

VWL is still our favorite home, as it takes some effort to get there if you're not actually staying there, but you can still boat it to MK.

ETA: Monorail = hot, sweaty & smelly. Skyliner = good chance of being stranded 50' above the ground on a nice August afternoon.

Out of those 2 options, Monorail. No question. Though my order of preference is 1)walking 2) boats/buses (tie) 3)monorail 4)skyliner.

If something fails, I'd rather have the support below my vehicle than relying on a single cable ABOVE my vehicle.

Pro-monorail:
  • Nostalgia. I received my first Spanish lesson on the monorail: ¡Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas!
  • It has a whole Simpsons' Song: "What's it called?" "Monorail" ; "I hear those things are awfully loud." "It glides as softly as a cloud."
  • It "feels" fast.
  • Good for eavesdropping.
  • Generally safe in storms and heat. (But please stand clear of the doors.)
Pro-Skyline(r):
  • Newer.
  • Better for introverts.
  • Lines "feel" like they move quickly.
As an introvert, I voted Skyliner.

I voted skyliner....but if I could alter my vote -- it would probably be monorail during stormy season (May through September) and skyliner from Oct-April.

Pro-monorail:
  • Nostalgia. I received my first Spanish lesson on the monorail: ¡Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas!
  • It has a whole Simpsons' Song: "What's it called?" "Monorail" ; "I hear those things are awfully loud." "It glides as softly as a cloud."
  • It "feels" fast.
  • Good for eavesdropping.
  • Generally safe in storms and heat. (But please stand clear of the doors.)
Pro-Skyline(r):
  • Newer.
  • Better for introverts.
  • Lines "feel" like they move quickly.
As an introvert, I voted Skyliner.
Good call on all points!

I can't help but be reminded of this really old movie, as spiderman might say - where there's this man dressed in black challenging another man to a battle of wits.

"But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of the monorail and skyliner which one is better...
How could I possibly choose!"

1653597128963.png

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter