Totally Frustrated with wait times calling Disney!

I just tried calling the existing ticket customer service number (407) 934-7639) and it doesn't even allow you to hold. It says something to the effect of, "The wait time is over 60 minutes, you can either hang up or press 2 to complete a survey". If you don't press 2 they disconnect you.

Terrible.

Disney arrogance - has it really ever changed? Anyone here remember the old days - trying to book a room or restaurant in the '70s? I remember back in those days, my dad would get so PO'd because WDW was the only resort that didn't have a toll free number. To book or change anything, you had to call them on your dime - and it was a lot more than a dime - long distance was charged by the minute and expensive back then! (Kids: ask your grandparents about "long distance" calls- lol)

He'd grouse that he was the customer paying THEM - and yet it cost him a fortune every time he called to give them more business. They'd put you on long hold at those long distance prices. :crazy2:
Omg Yes I remember no toll free phone numbers!!!

And FWIW, unless we make our displeasure known, nothing will change.
Unless we stop giving them money, nothing will change.

They're in a position of recouping lost money. As long as the money is flowing in they don't care about how long you wait on the phone. If they can save money on paying customer service phone operators, you can bet they're going to.

Unless we stop giving them money, nothing will change.

They're in a position of recouping lost money. As long as the money is flowing in they don't care about how long you wait on the phone. If they can save money on paying customer service phone operators, you can bet they're going to.

I'm disappointed and in some ways disillusioned with Disney regarding several recent changes. But I'm not willing to go as far as you in saying that "Unless we stop giving them money, nothing will change."

Clearly starving them of money would bring change. But in my experience they are motivated to change when enough people complain, as well.

But who knows...

Came here to complain about the 5 hours it took me to get an issue fixed last week, but clearly it could be worse...

5 hours is a very long time. Mine was extra long because I realized I was charged incorrectly after I got off the phone. I had to start the wait time over for a second call. :(

We were having trouble with linking our magic bands and our two youngest children to our reservation. I've been trying for two months to get in contact but failed. Yesterday I made it my mission to get it fixed. I started calling at 2:30 and finally was able to talk to someone who had to transfer me to someone else. I was told it would be a 10 minute wait. Well the 10 minute wait was actually over 2 hours. I did not finish the call until 8:00 last night, no lie!!! My husband thought I was crazy but we go in December and I wanted to get everything taken care of. I will say the cast member we spoke to Soleil(I'm not sure we are allowed names on the boards)was fantastic. She was able to get everything fixed and was a pleasure to talk to. In over twenty years of calls I have never been subject to such wait times...crazy!
That is crazy...I too want to get everything tied up with the tickets so I can make park reservations and then have those done before our 60-day mark for dinner reservations...It's taking more and more work to plan a Disney vacation than ever before...

Everyone complains yet is more than willing to wait hours to give them money. A sensible person would hang up and refuse to give money to a company with such poor customer service…not Disney fans though!

Don’t expect this to ever get better. This is the new accepted norm. Why should Disney eat into their profits to fix it?

Last month I spent 10 hours over the course of a weekend calling, getting bounced around, and waiting on hold to handle a simple ticket issue. Never got any resolution and gave up. I had to call about my room reservation later that week, which is booked as a special res, so on a special line. When I ran this by the CM she was shocked, and asked if anyone had offered me a call back instead of waiting on hold. I was like, no? And she said they have a perfectly functional callback system that she can’t believe they’re not offering people. She put me in the queue and a CM capable of handling my ticket issue called me back 20 minutes later. Done.

I know Covid exacerbated their existing problems, but Disney’s telephone line and website have been dismal and subpar for YEARS. The site becomes nonfunctional way too much. Other enormous corporations don’t have these issues. When was the last time Amazon just timed out for anybody? It’s so frustrating.

Disney has simple solution to fixing the long wait times on phones and short staff.... fix the website and make it so you can buy more things on it. This is a super simple solution to their problem. Will it cost a little on the front end? Yes but at the end of the day it will make them money because more people will want to spend money at Disney and they will not need to hire as many people to answer phone calls.

Everyone complains yet is more than willing to wait hours to give them money. A sensible person would hang up and refuse to give money to a company with such poor customer service…not Disney fans though!

Don’t expect this to ever get better. This is the new accepted norm. Why should Disney eat into their profits to fix it?
Yes, I agree but I already have purchased tickets that expired because of the pandemic and would hate to lose the money I spent on these...Total of 6 adults and 1 child seven day passes. Also DVC with lots of points to catch up on...Trying to wrap my head around additional lighting lane passes and ride upcharges as well...
Once we finish up this vacation, I think we'll use points at Vero Beach and Hilton Head for the next few years.

I just tried calling the existing ticket customer service number (407) 934-7639) and it doesn't even allow you to hold. It says something to the effect of, "The wait time is over 60 minutes, you can either hang up or press 2 to complete a survey". If you don't press 2 they disconnect you.

Terrible.
Never saw this number anywhere...will give it a try...

• Wow
Reactions: shh
Giving it another try...yes, I know it's a weekend, Saturday night but giving it a try while doing laundry. Estimated 60-minute wait...My husband thinks I have lost my mind listening to these messages over and over again. He might be right, but I am persistent!

Giving it another try...yes, I know it's a weekend, Saturday night but giving it a try while doing laundry. Estimated 60-minute wait...My husband thinks I have lost my mind listening to these messages over and over again. He might be right, but I am persistent!
Only 60 minutes? That's not too bad. Hang in there! You've got this! (and if you're still on hold, I have two loads of laundry that need folded😁)

Only 60 minutes? That's not too bad. Hang in there! You've got this! (and if you're still on hold, I have two loads of laundry that need folded😁)
I gave up after two + hours...will try again Monday early morning! Hoping to resolve this before Thursday when general bookings for Star War Resort open up!

I hope it worked for you.

In case you didn't know, your countdown is showing 3 times in your signature. Looks like you'll be at BC the week after me!

FIX the Disney web site! FIX My Disney Experience!! so that it can handle everything it is supposed to do without crashing every 20 minutes!

When has the website ever been fully functional? You've been here longer than me and I know that the website has never been good. They seem to make the choice between pretty and functional, and they choose the former 100% of the time.

Everyone needs to email Disney and express the frustrations!

While I definitely agree that one should express frustrations, by doing that you're taking people away from answering phones and other emails.

The site becomes nonfunctional way too much. Other enormous corporations don’t have these issues. When was the last time Amazon just timed out for anybody?

That's the frustrating thing for me about disney IT. It might have changed recently, but the bulk of Disney IT has been in Seattle for years. I know two managers who left amazon and went to disney; they were friends with my then-husband. My ex saw them every so often on the bus to Seattle after they left, and would tell them that I would like a chat with them about the website. They never accepted the offer. They hire 18 year olds who don't care about disney and will simply do what the bigwigs tell them. They could have some of the best of the best of the IT people, being in Seattle, but they simply do not hire them.

Just tried to call again about my MDE problem. Was shocked to get right through. But then I had to be transferred and have been waiting 20 minutes Ugh. It's not even telling me how long the wait will be.
Update: So mad!!! I was on hold for over 45 minutes and my stupid phone disconnected!!!! The stupid thing always hangs up after a certain time!
Another update: Called back and got through right away again I told her what happened and asked if i could ask them to call me back instead she said they couldn't and she would transfer me right away Ugh. So then when she does I get a message that it will be over 130 minutes!!!! My phone won't hold that long

Last edited:
Bumbleshoot:
That's crazy...I'm not seeing my signature at all...nothing when I go into my profile...waitlisted BC but staying at BLT early March...

On hold now...1:11:07 waiting time...I'm getting this done tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter