Totally Disgusted!

Ms.Mouse

DIS Veteran
96D18007-A3C8-40E2-A063-C27D91CC2BD8.jpeg I gave my son and his family two weeks at AKL... he just sent me a list of what they found in their room...I’m disgusted! Every time we go there we have issues. This has got to be the worse yet!!!!

What is that?
it's the mold on their shower curtain... and I also posted a list of the other things they found filthy in their room!!! And there's something electrical going on because they will turn their lights on and the lights are shutting back off randomly!!! The second post is the rest of the stuff they found.... food on a tray in the oven.... dishwasher leaking heavily...etc. etc.

I am not a dvc owner, but after staying at a dvc studio for 2 nights post cruise last year, I will not buy dvc or even stay at one again. The difference in quality between the dvc room and the regular rooms was apparent.
(I assume he is in a dvc room since you mentioned a kitchen)

Wow sorry to hear.. hopefully our upcoming 1br isn't like this.

What other issues have you had? Jambo or Kidani..does it matter?

Wow sorry to hear.. hopefully our upcoming 1br isn't like this.

What other issues have you had? Jambo or Kidani..does it matter?
this is Kidani... I've stayed at Jambo a couple of times and never had an issue...I've stayed at OKW a couple of times, Boardwalk a number of times and Bay Lake a few times and had just slight issue once at Boardwalk but it was remedied right away... The problem has been over and over with Kidani

wow that's awful and unacceptable. I've stayed at Kidani before and our room was really nice we didn't have any of these issues. I hope they get all these issues resolved quickly.

I've never looked into it but I think on Trip Advisor, Kidani has a pretty low approval rating. Not sure why.

Crazy we have stayed there twice and never had an issue in fact the opposite; it's our favorite! Our villas have been in excellent shape, clean (at least through the naked eye), service exceptional. I hope they resolve these issues so other guests don't have the same experience.

Crazy we have stayed there twice and never had an issue in fact the opposite; it's our favorite! Our villas have been in excellent shape, clean (at least through the naked eye), service exceptional. I hope they resolve these issues so other guests don't have the same experience.

That's what I would have thought. Just in the last few weeks, I've been trying to book a Disney room through Priceline or Hotwire and came across the Kidani ratings which were much lower than most other Disney hotels of that level. I never did read the posts to figure out why that was (a 6.9 rating instead of and 8 or 9) but it did catch my attention.

Gross. We had similar issues with our original Yacht Club room earlier this year. Luckily they moved us to a clean room (it was already around midnight) but it did put a bad taste in my mouth for my first WDW "deluxe" experience.

We had stayed at the Grand Californian in the past, and that was probably one of the best hotels we've ever stayed at, so my expectations were high.

That’s awful-that room has been neglected for a long time to be in such terrible shape. Someone is not doing their job.
We were just there in April and our studio was immaculate-we have owned since 2003 and have stayed in almost all the resorts and have never had an dirty unit. I read these posts and go in holding my breath, but we’ve just been very fortunate. A minor plumbing issue that was fixed very quickly and a door lock issue at BLT one year-that wasn’t fixed very quickly but they treated the five of us to dinner to apologize for the delay, so that was fine.

I am not a dvc owner, but after staying at a dvc studio for 2 nights post cruise last year, I will not buy dvc or even stay at one again. The difference in quality between the dvc room and the regular rooms was apparent.
(I assume he is in a dvc room since you mentioned a kitchen)

Don't worry, Disney management is making sure ALL of their resort rooms are sinking below industry standards for cleanliness so it's not just the DVC rooms. A reminder: Guests are paying a premium price for these rooms and this is what they have to deal with. In this new era of Disney the primary concern is for profits above all else. This is why this is happening. Disney is counting on you to buy into their reputation from the past while they now provide an inferior experience.

This is not just one room. Guests are experiencing poor housekeeping all across property. Disney management is allowing this to happen, plain and simple.

Please contact guest services and tell them about your experiences and concerns. wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

This situation will continue as long as Disney management thinks they can get away with it. Let them know this is unacceptable.

~NM

Don't worry, Disney management is making sure ALL of their resort rooms are sinking below industry standards for cleanliness so it's not just the DVC rooms. A reminder: Guests are paying a premium price for these rooms and this is what they have to deal with. In this new era of Disney the primary concern is for profits above all else. This is why this is happening. Disney is counting on you to buy into their reputation from the past while they now provide an inferior experience.

This is not just one room. Guests are experiencing poor housekeeping all across property. Disney management is allowing this to happen, plain and simple.

Please contact guest services and tell them about your experiences and concerns. wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

This situation will continue as long as Disney management thinks they can get away with it. Let them know this is unacceptable.

~NM

The changes at WDW are why we have switched to annual DCL trips, instead of the 8-10 nights we used to do at the parks. Now I just add a park day or 2 pre/post cruise and call it a day. :(

ETA: I am going down to try out DAH in 2 weeks so excited for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter