Top of the world lounge question

quandrea

DIS Veteran
How many guests can a member bring up? We will be a party of 7. Only one member. In that group.

If they are staying in your room with you, they can join you at the TOTWL.

I thought that if the guests have a points or cash reservation booked with the membership, they are allowed, as long as the members was also staying as well.

Our group was in 3 rooms, but all on my membership. I was not even asked about it. Just showed my DVC card.

I thought that if the guests have a points or cash reservation booked with the membership, they are allowed, as long as the members was also staying as well.

Our group was in 3 rooms, but all on my membership. I was not even asked about it. Just showed my DVC card.
My friends are staying at the Dolphin. Sounds like we are out of luck. Bummer!

I have only shown my DVC card and they scanned my MB. They never asked anything of the people with us.
Maybe they could tell that they were staying with us from scanning my MB?

one question. if im staying on rented points ( im a dvc member) , can i go up to the lounge?

I was staying at the WL on a cash reservation last May (I am an BLT owner) and I brought up five friends, one who was in my WL room room, and two other couples staying in their own WL rooms. I just showed my Blue Card and they let us up.

I was staying at the WL on a cash reservation last May (I am an BLT owner) and I brought up five friends, one who was in my WL room room, and two other couples staying in their own WL rooms. I just showed my Blue Card and they let us up.
This is encouraging. If we are making the effort to head over there, I don’t want the embarrassment of being turned away.

one question. if im staying on rented points ( im a dvc member) , can i go up to the lounge?
DVC member only need to be staying at a Disney owned & operated resort at WDW or VB to have access to the TOTWL on non-block out nights. It doesn't matter how that reservation was made (point or cash).

Where does it say that? Just curious.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...s/events-experiences/top-of-the-world-lounge/
Highlights
It’s an ideal place to savor light bites and refreshing cocktails—and unforgettable views.​
Access to this lounge—one of the vacation kingdom’s most unique spaces—is reserved for Members and their guests who are staying on that Member's reservation.
Top of the World Lounge offers sweeping views of Magic Kingdom park from the 16th floor of Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.​

Bold is mine. But it's right there.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...s/events-experiences/top-of-the-world-lounge/
Highlights
It’s an ideal place to savor light bites and refreshing cocktails—and unforgettable views.​
Access to this lounge—one of the vacation kingdom’s most unique spaces—is reserved for Members and their guests who are staying on that Member's reservation.
Top of the World Lounge offers sweeping views of Magic Kingdom park from the 16th floor of Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.​

Bold is mine. But it's right there.

Huh, weird. I didn't realize they were supposed to be on my reservation and went a few weeks ago with three friends. One I had booked her reservation but it was in her own name, and the other two were local residents. I showed my card and they scanned my band and they took us all up without even a question. I had no idea I was breaking a rule. It was a busy night, too, so you'd think they would have checked.

Huh, weird. I didn't realize they were supposed to be on my reservation and went a few weeks ago with three friends. One I had booked her reservation but it was in her own name, and the other two were local residents. I showed my card and they scanned my band and they took us all up without even a question. I had no idea I was breaking a rule. It was a busy night, too, so you'd think they would have checked.
Most of them don't bother, unless you look like you're trying to bring your entire soccer squad up.

My DH and I stayed last year and took my sons staying at BC and my In laws staying at POFQ and they had only scanned my husbands band
I didnt even realize there was a rule ,Just wanted to grab a snack and show them the cool view -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts