Top of the World lounge open?

snowwhite84

DIS Veteran
Is Top of the World lounge at Bay Lake Tower not open? I thought I read somewhere that it was reopening. TIA!

I think it opened for a couple of days of the 4th of July, but they shut it back down again. I wonder if they'll do some special stuff with it through the 50th? I'd be happy with just the bar and the viewing area open.

I think it opened for a couple of days of the 4th of July, but they shut it back down again. I wonder if they'll do some special stuff with it through the 50th? I'd be happy with just the bar and the viewing area open.
Only the observation deck was open over July 4th.

I’m really hoping they open it up for the 50th fireworks debut. We will be staying there then and we were there when they opened it for the 4th which was very well attended.

We're staying at BLT this week (Oct 17) and there is a sign at the front desk stating "Disney Vacation Club has not announced plans to reopen" regarding Top of the World. Just thought I'd pop that here for the next person who asks.

Impatiently waiting for it to open too. Top of the World is one of my personal perks for buying into BLT specifically. There's nothing nicer than their chocolate cake and watching the MK knowing that I am just a 3-5 minute walk back to my room.
It is a big perk of BLT. I feel bad for people buying there in part because of that.

It is a big perk of BLT. I feel bad for people buying there in part because of that.
It was a perk for all DVC members. We have gone up there a few times and watched the fireworks 💥. It was a nice place to bring family and friends when we have a big trip.

Has anyone heard any news on TOTWL reopening? We just joined DVC and were hoping more of the perks would be back by now (Although we know they are subject to change at any time :) )

My guess is that it’ll never reopen the way it was. It’ll probably only open for ticketed events that they know are absolute slam dunk money makers. Otherwise they’ll leave it closed most of the time to make those ticketed events even more of a premium. You want firework views? Go to California Grill and spend more there.

It's too bad that it hasn't reopened. Our 2016 BLT trip with friends spoiled us--we had a lock off 2 bedroom on the 15th floor and walked over to the lounge often for appetizers, cake, and drinks...it was like our own private lounge, lol. We haven't booked BLT again as that location just can't be beaten! (Plus we usually do studios if it's just the 4 of us and the studios are too small for a family with teens/adult children.)

Has anyone heard any news on TOTWL reopening? We just joined DVC and were hoping more of the perks would be back by now (Although we know they are subject to change at any time :) )

No news and I am with others. I do not see it opening up like it was before. We may see things like we did for the 4th of July for those staying at BLT. But, now that Steakhouse 71 is open..the kitchen that supplied the food options when the lounge was open...and its still closed leads me to believe that they may not have the staff to make it profitable for them to open up.

I predict an announcement at the condo meeting in Dec. Reopen early next year but blue card only. Gives them another selling point for direct. Just a guess of course but could line up with digital member cards especially if only blue card get a digital card.

I predict an announcement at the condo meeting in Dec. Reopen early next year but blue card only. Gives them another selling point for direct. Just a guess of course but could line up with digital member cards especially if only blue card get a digital card.
I think this only works if they subsidize from DVD marketing allowance. Open to all, TOTWL was frequently below break even on P&L because it just didn't drive margins compared to staffing.

I think this only works if they subsidize from DVD marketing allowance. Open to all, TOTWL was frequently below break even on P&L because it just didn't drive margins compared to staffing.
As long as it doesn't pull anything from dues it could be made blue card only. Have it open all the time, run special events, and maybe yes, subsidized by DVD. If they were barely breaking even as it was then a bit of a subsidy could make it more viable. If there is no return of moonlight magic events (I hope there is) then there could potentially be marketing funds available for something like this.

All I want is to have the deck open for fireworks viewing. Don't care one way or the other about the lounge.

I'm the opposite. Being outside was scary. I had one experience in the lounge and it was lousy (family dynamics, not the place itself), and I need a do-over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter