top 5 off site things to do...

a jay

Mouseketeer
Just wonderig what would be in your top 5 of fav things to do away from disney and universal. Summer 2011 will be our 6th time and although we will defo do the parks we are also thinking about exploring other things around florida. These are the things we have looked at so far:
1. taking a ride on little toot (saw this on wayneg trip and thought it would be different and fun)
2. kayaking not sure where.Looked at a few places.one near kennedy space centre looked ok as you go with a guide.
3. Hot air balloon ride
4. Trip down to clearwater. We have never spent a day at the beach on any of our previous trips.
5. struggling now. Any ideas would be great.

This is a good thread....

The Top thing to do - Orlando Magic Game - if your a sports fan....or even if you like a good time...go watch the Magic, with Florida Dolphin Tours, they pick you up at your hotel and take you back after all for quite a reasonable price!

The second best thing to do would be shopping! The Florida Mall & Premium Outlets, you can get some really really good stuff for good prices if you shop about!

Another thing I would do would be TNA Wrestling, its at Universal, but its really good fun, even if you havent got a clue whats going on, if youve got kids it can be a long show, BUT its free so you can leave at any time and not feel like your not getting value for money!

The fourth thing I would say is deffinatley finding good restaurants, as many people who have been out there before there is every sort of food you could ask for out there in Orlando....

And the final thing would be a day trip to Miami, hit Miami Beach.....such a beautiful site.

Some of my favourites are (aside from seeing my sis who lives out there):
-Strolling round Mount Dora and taking a boat trip
-Shopping at the outlets (and Ross!)
-Mini-golf (like Pirate's Cove)
-Kennedy Space Center
-Spending an evening on Citywalk (enjoy the Bob Marley open air place for drinks and dancing!)
-Basketball game where possible (don't really follow the sport, but really enjoyed being there)
Yeah, I know it's six :)

my number 1 offsite thing to do would be a day at the Kennedy Space Center..

in a completely different league, but we had fun there - Wonderworks...

Obviously Universal but don't know if you mean that lol.

Day at clearwater definitely.

Day on I drive, wonder works, ripleys, golf, there's loads to do.

Shopping!!

Kennedy Space centre. I was sad we had to miss that this year. We'll go next time when we have a car.

Swimming in crystal lake with the manatees if they still do this. Or an everglads boat ride. :D

this is a great thread:wizard:

my top five would be (in no particular order)

parasailing at cocoa beach
discovery cove
cheesecake factory and the mall of milenia
a leisurely sunday morning stroll around the farmers market at celebration

and finally if funds permit it has to be a disney cruise from port canaveral pirate:

We would love to go swimming with the manatees but we're not sure if this is a whole year round experience or if this is for certain months of the year? If you have any information on the manatee swim it would be great. We are going the end of July.

Wow some lovely ideas there.
I am yet to get that far in my planning but this thread has given me lots of ideas x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter