Top 10 Things to Pack on a Disney Cruise

On our previous cruise we brought clothesline string and tied it up on the veranda. We also brought clothespins and hung up all wet bathing suits out on the veranda to dry! Very helpful and saves space in the bathroom.:cool1:

Why do you bring battery operated nightlights? Are there not plug-ins in the bathroom or hallway? We will be on the Wonder in a few weeks in an inside stateroom. Just curious if we need to be purchasing a battery operated one before we go!

spart02 - there is no outlet in the bathrooms for a light. At night at sea it's dark in the staterooms. We bring glow sticks that last all night but a battery operated nightlight would be better.

Why do you bring battery operated nightlights? Are there not plug-ins in the bathroom or hallway? We will be on the Wonder in a few weeks in an inside stateroom. Just curious if we need to be purchasing a battery operated one before we go!

There is actually a free plug behind the TV on the Classic ships, not sure about the new ones. We just plugged our nightlight in there and then slid the TV back in place. This works better with a slim nightlight. Then the light is subdued by being behind the TV but you can still see to get around.

spart02 - there is no outlet in the bathrooms for a light. At night at sea it's dark in the staterooms. We bring glow sticks that last all night but a battery operated nightlight would be better.

Wait, so should I not bother bringing a hair dryer?

We leave the closet a little open for the light

If you have difficult hair and are sailing on the newer ships, you might consider it as the ones they have aren't the greatest.

If you have any hair that needs drying and are sailing on the Classics, you better bring your own because those hair dryers are worthless.

You just have to do your hair drying/styling at the desk where the plugs are.

You don't need a hair dryer for the Dream or Fantasy. Hair dryer is great. The Magic and Wonder, oh you SO need to bring your own. The hair dryers are horrible.

The Magic and Wonder, oh you SO need to bring your own. The hair dryers are horrible.

Indeed they are! On my Magic cruise earlier this month, I forgot my hair dryer. Took forever to dry my hair. Hoping they get replaced during the refurb.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I thought the lights won't work if you take your room key out..so how does a regular nightlight work? I like the idea of a battery operated one tho...now, on my list:)

I thought the lights won't work if you take your room key out..so how does a regular nightlight work? I like the idea of a battery operated one tho...now, on my list:)

One of the lights on the new ships has a nightlight setting you can use. It's better to leave a card in the slot overnight, especially if you like to watch tv or read before bed.

The Classic ships do not have the card-lighting at this time. I suppose it could be added during their extended dry-dock.

but we did just clear our first on the Dream 5/5 to 5/9 - so I thought I'd add what worked for us -:idea:

1 - Used gift card - to use in place of the KTTW card for the lights
2 - Sunblock
3 - Lanyard for KTTW card and ID - worked great- no purse in the ports and super convenient. I actually missed it when we disembarked and I had to dig through my bag again :rotfl2:
4 - Camera
5 - Items to be autographed. We dropped a photo mat for us and a pillowcase for my son (with candy for whomever signed) and they are my favorite keepsakes from our trip.
6 - Cash for tips (porters, room service, port adventures, and even some extra for any CMs that went above and beyond).
7 - Bonine - you know - just in case.
8 - Passports and boarding documents.
9 - Change for the penny machine at the port (we collect them for my son).
10 - Gum. It was just nice to have and not available on the boat.

You don't need a hair dryer for the Dream or Fantasy. Hair dryer is great. The Magic and Wonder, oh you SO need to bring your own. The hair dryers are horrible.

We haven't sailed on the Magic since 2006, haven't they replaced their hair dryers since then?? They were awful back then, I brought my own. Surely they are the same as the Dream's by now?

On our previous cruise we brought clothesline string and tied it up on the veranda. We also brought clothespins and hung up all wet bathing suits out on the veranda to dry! Very helpful and saves space in the bathroom.:cool1:

I like this idea, I'm always trying to figure out how to dry a soaking wet bathing suit quickly. But, what exactly do you tie it to, the two chairs somehow? Trying to picture...:scratchin

We haven't sailed on the Magic since 2006, haven't they replaced their hair dryers since then?? They were awful back then, I brought my own. Surely they are the same as the Dream's by now?

In 2011 they were still the same ol nasty ones. We sail this summer on the Magic. I plan to bring my own.

I like this idea, I'm always trying to figure out how to dry a soaking wet bathing suit quickly. But, what exactly do you tie it to, the two chairs somehow? Trying to picture...:scratchin

Not going to lie, I really do forget what we tied it to. But I'm positive we did not tie it to the chairs because we used them the whole cruise.

You aren't supposed to hang things on the verandahs. there is the danger of them going overboard, but the restriction is because it makes the ship look bad.

Nancy

You aren't supposed to hang things on the verandahs. there is the danger of them going overboard, but the restriction is because it makes the ship look bad.

Nancy

Where exactly is that stated, I've never seen that rule? I can see restricting big signs or Xmas lights, but a bathing suit drying over an arm chair? I don't think that is a rule in the contract?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter