Top 10 Things to Pack on a Disney Cruise

Just wanted to post a quick update - Over the Door Shoe Hangers are no longer allowed on the cruises because they can damage the finish on the doors. I found this as an alternative that you can hang in the bathroom:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KJZ2J0/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also found these before our last trip to the beach. They are GREAT to use to get sand off of you after doing a beach day at Castaway Cay or another port.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MZVNTM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My top 10 for me and my wife, in no particular order:

1. Less
2. Less
3. Not as much as you think.
4. Remove some of that.
5. Not that.
6. Nope
7. Bathing suit
8. Passport or other identification
9. Less
10. Remove that

ROFL! You are clearly in league with my husband! I bring the kitchen sink, he brings a toothbrush...

What cruise are you on?! We're on the Easter 4/20 - 4/24 Disney Dream : ) I saw some where that you can have boxes shipped to your state room, not sure of the rules for that i need to look into it alittle more. We are planning on the sand bucket/Easter baskets as well & hopeing to have it all shipped to the room. My friend and I have joining rooms, so the plan is for us to go directly to the room while the Husbands wander with the kids for a bit while we get it all out of the boxes and set up and we'll meet up with them.

That's a shame! That was one of the first things the cruise planner told me about. It was a big selling point.

As for me, I will never go on a Disney cruise without:

-Tiara
-Mermaid tail & shells (for any open water activity or beach, cruise or otherwise)
-Leave in conditioner. BIG TIME. With hair past my hips, as much as this mermaid loves salt water, its really hard to comb through after... and i'm working on being Ariel on the bottom and Rapunzel on the top, so I'm sure it will get longer before May...

1. sunglasses & sunscreen
2. chapstick with sunscreen
3. watershoes for the hot deck and sand
4. tums for those late night eating tummy issues
5. Diet Pepsi, only coke products are available

Things I would not take again:
beach towel- Disney provides them
shampoo, conditioner and soap- love the products Disney provides
shoes for every outfit...one pair for dress, one pair for casual should do

I like this idea, I'm always trying to figure out how to dry a soaking wet bathing suit quickly. But, what exactly do you tie it to, the two chairs somehow? Trying to picture...:scratchin

Roll it in a towel (like a jelly roll), then walk over the rolled towel, rotate it 1/4 of the way and walk on the towel again.

Helps take the excess water out quickly so the dampness dries quicker.

Awesome lists! Thanks everyone for sharing this great been there, done that advise!

Is it true that you don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner at all? Anything else that is provided by DCL that we can leave at home??

Is it true that you don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner at all? Anything else that is provided by DCL that we can leave at home??

If your hair isn't picky about such things them no you don't have to bring shampoo and conditioner. They have soap, too. If you are staying concierge (at least on Dream) they have a sunburn care gel. You can buy that in a gift shop onboard if not staying concierge.

Roll it in a towel (like a jelly roll), then walk over the rolled towel, rotate it 1/4 of the way and walk on the towel again.

Helps take the excess water out quickly so the dampness dries quicker.

I always pack a quick-dry travel towel for these instances, along with a stretchable travel clothes line that has velcro loops on the ends for fastening anywhere.

I purchased mine from the Rick Steves' Travel Store eons ago and they've held up really well. I'd post a link, but I'm still under the 10 post count.

My top 10 for me and my wife, in no particular order:

1. Less
2. Less
3. Not as much as you think.
4. Remove some of that.
5. Not that.
6. Nope
7. Bathing suit
8. Passport or other identification
9. Less
10. Remove that

THIS!! Lol I was thinking this when I first saw the post! Lol after our 1st DCL cruise we figured out next time we needed less then half of everything we packed...less clothes, less gadgets , just less everything. We went in late april and at night it was cool on deck so we alwayd ended up in our comfy clothes right after dinner...I ended up in my yoga pants , long sleeve tshirt and flip flops
Every night so next time we will bring more comfy stuff and less fancy clothes.the only other things we need to bring are sunglasses, beach bag , sunscreen and my FAV vacation tool my hot bunz:) those things are a hair saver when you have long hair and the wind is kickin!

I always pack a quick-dry travel towel for these instances, along with a stretchable travel clothes line that has velcro loops on the ends for fastening anywhere. I purchased mine from the Rick Steves' Travel Store eons ago and they've held up really well. I'd post a link, but I'm still under the 10 post count.

I've seen the quick dry towels all over the place...sporting good's stores (Dicks or Bobs) as well as Walmart, target, lowes, Home Depot, even grocery stores (the publix's around me have them)

Yeah, I absolutely groan when I think about how much I paid for that towel nine years ago at REI, whenever I see one while out and about. I then console myself with the knowledge that it's 1.5x larger than the newer ones and has a snap tab for hanging. It works...sometimes.

A cheaper way of doing this is a plastic switch operated tea light. I was just cleaning out a closet and found the ones I put in our Halloween pumpkins and thought "hey! this would work great in the bathroom as a nightlight!". FYI.

anniepoppins said:
A cheaper way of doing this is a plastic switch operated tea light. I was just cleaning out a closet and found the ones I put in our Halloween pumpkins and thought "hey! this would work great in the bathroom as a nightlight!". FYI.

Clever!

Lip balm with sunscreen. I burnt my lips in Grand Cayman and they were swollen the next day. Not huge but they certainly hurt.

Also a watch. We didn't last time and we tried to use our phones...but we weren't sure if they were on ship time or island time. Way too much stress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!