Tokyo Disney

cal2net

Earning My Ears
Any website to get information, tips, etc. on Tokyo Disney? Coworker may have an opportunity to go (military spouse) and she's come to me since we visit east & west coast parks but I'm stumped.

Any website to get information, tips, etc. on Tokyo Disney? Coworker may have an opportunity to go (military spouse) and she's come to me since we visit east & west coast parks but I'm stumped.
I also like disney tourist blog

This may not even be enough info to help at all, but I was in Tokyo last year for business, and you can get a train from the airport (Narita) right to Disney. The folks at the train ticket station were very helpful (I was going elsewhere but had to buy tickets). There were also buses that said “Disney Resort,” just like the way the WDW park buses do :) I just googled it and disneyhotels.jp tell you exactly how to get there from either Narita or Haneda airport.

Also, I’m not sure about within the parks, but lots of places in Japan, even right in Tokyo, only take cash. Post offices and train stations were very good places to find international ATMs.

If any other general Japan travel info is of interest, I might be able to answer. My DD graduates high school this year and has asked to go to Tokyo Disney for college graduation, so I want to learn what I can before then too!

This may not even be enough info to help at all, but I was in Tokyo last year for business, and you can get a train from the airport (Narita) right to Disney. The folks at the train ticket station were very helpful (I was going elsewhere but had to buy tickets). There were also buses that said “Disney Resort,” just like the way the WDW park buses do :) I just googled it and disneyhotels.jp tell you exactly how to get there from either Narita or Haneda airport.

Also, I’m not sure about within the parks, but lots of places in Japan, even right in Tokyo, only take cash. Post offices and train stations were very good places to find international ATMs.

If any other general Japan travel info is of interest, I might be able to answer. My DD graduates high school this year and has asked to go to Tokyo Disney for college graduation, so I want to learn what I can before then too!
TDR accepts credit cards everywhere except balloon & snack carts, just like WDW.

Don’t some places in Japan take the pasmo cards? Or is that just trains?
Yeah, you can use those in a variety of places... convenience stores, vending machines, etc. Some regular shops, too. Seems like new ones are added every day.

The post-security convenience stores in the airports also accept them so if you have money left on the cards & don't know what to do with it, more seasonal Kit-Kats for you! (Or whatever floats your boat.)

And, you can use them for the TDR monorail.

Yeah, you can use those in a variety of places... convenience stores, vending machines, etc. Some regular shops, too. Seems like new ones are added every day.

The post-security convenience stores in the airports also accept them so if you have money left on the cards & don't know what to do with it, more seasonal Kit-Kats for you! (Or whatever floats your boat.)

I didn’t know you could use them for the TDR monorail! We plan to buy passes anyway but that’s cool to know.

I’ve seen so many videos about the seasonal kit kats! Dh saw grape ones on a video today that he wants to try.

I didn’t know you could use them for the TDR monorail! We plan to buy passes anyway but that’s cool to know.

I’ve seen so many videos about the seasonal kit kats! Dh saw grape ones on a video today that he wants to try.
Those grape ones are dangerous. I bought some last time I went through Narita. They were so good. My fiance & I basically had a duel for the last one. Now we're sad because we have no immediate plans to go through an airport & have resorted to bribing friends.

My parents said they wish they took home more of both the grape and peach ones. So, I think you can never have too many. :laughing:

Those grape ones are dangerous. I bought some last time I went through Narita. They were so good. My fiance & I basically had a duel for the last one. Now we're sad because we have no immediate plans to go through an airport & have resorted to bribing friends.

My parents said they wish they took home more of both the grape and peach ones. So, I think you can never have too many. :laughing:
I don’t like grape or peach flavored things but Dh does. I’ll have to find a flavor for myself!

Ah, this is good info—thanks! I thought they were just for trains.

I found lots of places that didn’t take credit cards (maybe that’s what I should have said), so it good to hear there’s an alternative to all that cash. Thanks!

May want to warn her that ITT in Japan doesn't really do discounts on Disney tickets. :(

TDR accepts credit cards everywhere except balloon & snack carts, just like WDW.

Thank you for confirming this. I'm still 3 months out for my trip but I'm back and forth on how much cash to bring. The ability to use a credit card while in the parks puts my mind more at ease.

Thank you for confirming this. I'm still 3 months out for my trip but I'm back and forth on how much cash to bring. The ability to use a credit card while in the parks puts my mind more at ease.
Omg 3 months! You’re making it sound so real!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter