• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tokyo Disney Questions/ Help

disneyworld1977

Mouseketeer
Ok I read a little on the FAQ thread up top. I am just browsing going there and going in this totally blind. Never been overseas so from the basics to stuff at these parks will be all new. So who went into this blind before and how did it turn out? Need tips. Also is there anywhere online or book to buy like Tokyo Disney for dummies. I can do WDW and DL here in US all day long, but this is a new deal.

Again I am just browsing but need help at least thinking about it and if its worth it :)

Ok I read a little on the FAQ thread up top. I am just browsing going there and going in this totally blind. Never been overseas so from the basics to stuff at these parks will be all new. So who went into this blind before and how did it turn out? Need tips. Also is there anywhere online or book to buy like Tokyo Disney for dummies. I can do WDW and DL here in US all day long, but this is a new deal.

Again I am just browsing but need help at least thinking about it and if its worth it :)

Unfortunately there aren't many English planning guides for TDR.
I got all of my travel info from Disboards & blogs! We were in Japan for 14 days (5 nights at TDR) earlier this month and it was incredible! Expensive but incredible... we traveled as a family of 4. If you're a WDW/DL veteran the parks themselves are easy. Japan on the other hand can seem very intimidating at first but if you have a plan and do your research you'll have a great time. Japan is very safe & friendly.

This board isn't super active but people are helpful! Post any questions you may have and I'm sure someone can help you out :)

Check out my trip report on my blog!

The main thing I had problems with is trying to read Japanese websites, using google translate. You had to be really paying attention to understand what they meant, just because it was translated into English, doesn't mean it makes sense :lmao:

Read trip reports (mine is linked in my signature. LurkyLoo has a great one). They will give you an idea of the day to day things that you can do in Japan, have a bit of a read on the trip advisor forums to get some ideas - other then Disney - that you can do.

Japanese people are incredibly friendly, so even without a basic understanding of the Japanese language (which we didn't have) they will be happy to help. :goodvibes

Starting with the Official Tokyo Disney Resort website in English is a great place to start. After that you can check out our website http://www.fathobbit.ca which we tips and advice for planning among other things for your trip to Tokyo Disney Resort.

If there's something that we do not have on the site, I am more than happy to answer them here :)

There's also the Travelers Series Guide to Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo DisneySea: 2nd Edition available on Amazon, also available for the Kindle. Between that and Kevin Yee's book, you'll have a really good start on your planning.

Here are the blogs that I found most useful in planning my trip to TDR.

Tom Bricker is great. Very informative general and he has uhhhhmaaazzing photos.
http://www.*****************.com what the what?? Apparently I can't list a link to his page on here?!?!? www (dot) disney tourist blog (dot) com

The afore mentioned Fat Hobbit has great practical tips.
http://www.fathobbit.ca/when-should-you-visit-tokyo-disney-resort/

Konnichiwa Mickey is great and he updates his blog pretty often so it's nice to see what's new at TDR.
http://konnichiwamickey.wordpress.com

Really this is just a trip report but great info none the less.
http://disneytravelbabble.com/trip-reports/tokyo-disney/

I went in 2008 with a exchange group, it was short visit and i didn't bother looking up anything about Disney or Japan (I really regret to this day not preparing myself).
This was my first visit to Disneyland so it was still magical, when we were told we could go venture around we had to stick in groups :( It sucked a little because a girl who was with us hated the dark (So no space mountain, haunted mansion ect.)
We ended up on a couple of great rides but we spent most of our time figuring out where to go instead of actually going on anything, none of us knew anything about the park or where to eat (So i missed out on all of the great food opportunities! Boo!)
We skipped looking through stores or trying different snacks from the vendors, we had spent so much time figuring out where to go and how to get there that we missed a lot of good things! But i am going back this October so i am confident this time :D

What i wish i would have done:
* Take the time to look up info about the park
* Look up what kind of food they offer ( A lot of the food they have in Tokyo Disney they do not have in Disney world)
* Look up what the weather was going to be like on that day and what to wear
*Buy snacks at the vendors while walking around the park, they have different kinds of popcorn you can get themed to each ride or area (Poohs honey hunt; Honey popcorn, Ariels grotto; Sea salt ect)
*Look through the stores then buy the merchandise after seeing everything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter