Toddlers at buffets

Ambrode

Earning My Ears
We leave in a few days!! But just had a small epiphany.
We have 5 buffets reserved. We have the DDP. There's 4 of us. 2 adults, 4yo and a 2yo.
We had planned on the kids sharing meals. But will they be allowed at the buffets? Or will one of us be allowed to share with her? I hate to have to pay for her when she will probably not eat much of anything offered.

the 2 year old will be "free" - they share with an adult
now when they turn 3 they will both have to have their own plates & be charged

Whew! Okay thanks. That's what we were told originally but when I was seeing all the "no sharing" post I was starting to get worried!

Whew! Okay thanks. That's what we were told originally but when I was seeing all the "no sharing" post I was starting to get worried!

that is because adults try to share a plate or parents try to have their kids share (older ones not under 3)

There is no such thing as a "kids buffet" or even an "adult buffet" at Disney. They have buffets with one section lower to the floor which has on it items that kids tend to enjoy (such as pizza, hot dogs, chicken strips, mac & cheese, etc.). Any person at the buffet (including children less than age three who are free) can get anything from any part of the buffet.

The 2 year old will eat free at the buffet. And at table services under 3 are allowed to share off your plate or someone else's. Our son who's 7 shared his kids meal with our 1 year old at all table services without any problem. Have a fun trip!

We loved the buffet and family service options with our 2 year old. We knew that we wouldn't have to buy the meal but what we didn't realize was that her drink would be free as well and I don't mean just water. Best deal in Disney Dining.

We leave in a few days!! But just had a small epiphany.
We have 5 buffets reserved. We have the DDP. There's 4 of us. 2 adults, 4yo and a 2yo.
We had planned on the kids sharing meals. But will they be allowed at the buffets? Or will one of us be allowed to share with her? I hate to have to pay for her when she will probably not eat much of anything offered.

The only downside of having that many buffets with small children is that mom will rarely get to eat hot food! At least in our family, that's the way it works!

If you are not up getting your food, or food for a kid, someone will have to go potty, or the characters will stop by just as you get your first bite near your mouth, but you'll have to stop and take pics, hand over the autograph book, etc... I swear, I got more exercise going up/down to the buffet than i did in the parks all day long!

We much prefer family style!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter