Toddlers at AKV-afraid of animals?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Has anyone had a toddler who was afraid of the zebras, giraffes, etc. at AKV? Or do they pretty much all like them? We want to take our granddaughters to DVC next year and their parents want to stay at AKV. However, I'm wondering how kids who haven't seen zebras and giraffes before tend to react. They're not overly shy girls, by any means! Just thinking about it, though.

Our GD, age was 1 yr 10 months on her first trip just loved seeing the animals.
We just returned from a second trip with her, now 2 yr 9 mo and she still loved it.

Even if they are afraid, you can easily avoid them if you want to. I highly doubt they'd be anything but thrilled though.

I guess anything is possible , but in my experience it has been like having an attraction right at my room;)
It was adorable as I sat on the balcony, then DS2 would run out, point and yell something to an animal, then run back in ;)

I suppose stopping by a farm or zoo before booking may be a good idea.

We took 2 1/2 year old twin grandsons a couple of months ago and they LOVED the animals. We wouldn't have needed to go to the parks at all, they loved going on the balcony when the animals were out, and they LOVED the splash area at the pool.

Sounds like Papi knows his daughters better than Grandma! Thanks so much everyone.

It's hard to be afraid of something that is 40 yards away.

We have taken many of my nieces and nephews to the zoo for the first time. And I don't remember any being terrified of the animals. I still remember their looks of amazement on their faces though. I think your DH, DS and DDIL have the right idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter