Today Show Medical Expert Joseph Fair

From what I have read, "woke up" is still quite debatable. But I will celebrate his baby steps!

It's amazing that you are now dictating how people should show their concern.

I will always criticize a person that uses a tragedy to promote themselves. His wife has been doing a fantastic job at doing that.
Oh, the irony.

I don’t know his wife, that’s a given, my husband came home from The hospital this week. There were times during the weeks he was hospitalized for Covid that I thought I was going to lose my mind, that was even after the assurances of no ventilator. He wasn’t even close to being as sick as this man. I know I posted many times on the Covid thread, had some private messages. The last thing I would ever think, or hope people think is that it’s to promote myself in a time of tragedy, oof, that actually stung. 😕

Being hospitalized, having a love one hospitalized with this, there are No phone calls to them, no visitations, If you are lucky a daily phone call.

This is just my opinion of course, my side if you will, but I saw a lot of family pictures too, I saw a petrified wife, and someone who wanted to say this can and does happen to anyone.

This story confuses me too. If he got it on a plane, as he claims, was somebody coughing? Sneezing? He claims to have droplets in his eyes as the cause.

If it was that packed, there would be other victims too. This is where contact tracing should ramp up immediately. "If you were on flight xxx from NYC to MSY, you've been exposed!"

I haven't heard anything like that. I hope this guy gets well soon, but something isn't right with this story.

The last thing I would ever think, or hope people think is that it’s to promote myself in a time of tragedy, oof, that actually stung. 😕
Absolutely not, mommasita. You were not promoting yourself and nobody would ever think that.

This woman was posting pictures of herself in a bikini with someone taking multiple shots of her front, side, back. She was selling her product ("My skin tablets are so refreshing!") and giving subscription codes. Fun Tik Toks! Lots of low cut shirts and bra pics. Very Kardashian. She knew people were tuning into her page to check on her husband's battle with coronavirus and she used it to promote herself. Maybe famous people are just different:confused3

Which brings me back to Joseph Fair. It all just seemed so forced and for ratings.

Maybe, I’ve never been famous. Not for good reasons anyway.

I honestly didn’t watch the show, so I can’t say how I feel.

Absolutely not, mommasita. You were not promoting yourself and nobody would ever think that.

This woman was posting pictures of herself in a bikini with someone taking multiple shots of her front, side, back. She was selling her product ("My skin tablets are so refreshing!") and giving subscription codes. Fun Tik Toks! Lots of low cut shirts and bra pics. Very Kardashian. She knew people were tuning into her page to check on her husband's battle with coronavirus and she used it to promote herself. Maybe famous people are just different:confused3

Which brings me back to Joseph Fair. It all just seemed so forced and for ratings.
Try to not be so quick to judge.

None of us know her. None of us (except maybe @mommacita) know what’s it like to try to fill the days with no news about our loved ones. What we might do to keep our own sanity. Or what they are financially - with him sick & the loss of his leg, acting gigs may be hard to come by. Maybe they need her working. And maybe she just needs to feel better after having a baby. None of what she did makes her a bad person. I can see why it rubbed you the wrong way, and that’s allowed, but I don’t think your assumptions are fair. Besides it’s her page and often times celebrities have to have content. If she had no updates about Nick, is she not allowed to post anything at all?

Very serious illness is frightening. A lot of stuff falls away as you just hope your loved one survives.

I'm always going to land on the side of a family that is dealing with a very challenging situation.
Because I think they could use prayers and gentle support.

And the negative judgy stuff? Nope. Not at all interested. Life's too short. And too precious.

Besides it’s her page and often times celebrities have to have content. If she had no updates about Nick, is she not allowed to post anything at all?
I think that's the part I don't get. Having to have forced content tied to my sick spouse. It's so odd to me to post a picture frolicking on the beach with the wedding ring I just picked up from the hospital. And you are right. I am not a celebrity. So I wouldn't know what it would be like to constantly be posting pictures or videos of myself to honor sick loved ones.

It seems to be very trendy for Instagram stars to bank on tragedy for likes. Some people are into it. I am not one of those people and am just voicing my opinion. Your opinion is also valid.

I think that's the part I don't get. Having to have forced content tied to my sick spouse. It's so odd to me to post a picture frolicking on the beach with the wedding ring I just picked up from the hospital. And you are right. I am not a celebrity. So I wouldn't know what it would be like to constantly be posting pictures or videos of myself to honor sick loved ones.

It seems to be very trendy for Instagram stars to bank on tragedy for likes. Some people are into it. I am not one of those people and am just voicing my opinion. Your opinion is also valid.

It’s not content about her sick husband. Is that all she is? The wife of a sick star? It’s content for her own work.

I’m not saying I would do the same. I just don’t think it’s fair of us to judge somebody when we have no idea what it’s like to be her in shoes.

Try to not be so quick to judge.

None of us know her. None of us (except maybe @mommacita) know what’s it like to try to fill the days with no news about our loved ones. What we might do to keep our own sanity. Or what they are financially - with him sick & the loss of his leg, acting gigs may be hard to come by. Maybe they need her working. And maybe she just needs to feel better after having a baby. None of what she did makes her a bad person. I can see why it rubbed you the wrong way, and that’s allowed, but I don’t think your assumptions are fair. Besides it’s her page and often times celebrities have to have content. If she had no updates about Nick, is she not allowed to post anything at all?

Actually, she's good friend of one my good friends (he and Nick went to school together), so I've been following Nick's journey.

Honestly, if you (general you), don't like what is on her page, don't look (I know that you weren't the criticizing). She may not be doing things the way you (or I) would handle things, doesn't make her a bad person. She is not looking to capitalize on this for her career (she is trying to capitlize on her broad audience to get out the message that Covid can make even young people critically ill).

Well this thread and its debate about the wife of Nick Cordero peaked my curiosity to go look at her Instagram.

First, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I have no issue with that. But with that same token, here’s mine...

I don’t get all the fuss. Personally, I see nothing Kardashian in the photos. The pic on the beach is nothing provocative, it’s showing Nick’s jewelry on her with her baby in tow. She’s in a bikini top, but she’s at the beach! And the bikini top is quite modest. I don’t get it. And the workout stuff? That’s her job. This is how she’s supporting herself and her son. I didn’t see flaunting or any disregard for Nick, but that’s just me. I saw a person who’s trying her best to remain positive in an incredibly dark time. She can’t stay balled up in a corner weeping 24/7.

That’s my two cents. I am not pointing fingers or asking anyone to change their mind. But since this is a discussion board, I thought I’d add my thoughts to the mix.

(edited grammar)

Last edited:
This story confuses me too. If he got it on a plane, as he claims, was somebody coughing? Sneezing? He claims to have droplets in his eyes as the cause.

If it was that packed, there would be other victims too. This is where contact tracing should ramp up immediately. "If you were on flight xxx from NYC to MSY, you've been exposed!"

I haven't heard anything like that. I hope this guy gets well soon, but something isn't right with this story.
That was my thought also. Maybe after this story we will hear from others on the same flight.

...I posted a story last night on the children's inflammatory syndrome thread. It was reported before we were told that 50% of the tests are inaccurate. It does seem to support that sometimes the hospital tests may be inaccurate and they may need to run COVID-19 tests a couple/few times. (Yes, I know, ONE incident does not make a study.)

A 14 yr old boy in a NY hospital was having many of the symptoms of pediatric inflammatory syndrome and his heart & organs were failing. He tested negative for COVID-19. His mother insisted that the doctors test him again, and that's when the second test uncovered the COVID-19. Thus, they were able to give him the right treatment. He's now recovering.
:confused: Other than for statistical purposes and to learn more about the potential links between Covid and this syndrome, what difference does it make? The symptoms are treated; there is no definitive treatment/cure for either Kawasaki or Covid so I don’t understand the comment about him getting the “right” treatment.

There is no tracing, that’s one of the problems with our country’s opening things up.

This new protocol was accidentally discovered by a doctor in one of the NYC hospitals during the apex. I forget the exact reason why they happened to flip a patient over on his stomach. They might have been waiting for a ventilator. The doctor then found out the patient was breathing easier as he upped his oxygen. He found it worked almost instantly better than intubating the patient! He ran and told other doctors on the COVID floor. They also tried it and it worked. This became the new protocol as they spread the news to other hospitals to try it. It has saved many, many more lives than being placed on a ventilator.

Because of this, NYC no longer needed as many ventilators as was feared, and we were able to get rid of our excess to other states who were still in short supply. :thumbsup2
- ”Proning” for ARDS [Acute Reapiratory Distress Syndrome] has been around worldwide since well before 2002.

From the European Respiratory Journal:

https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/20/4/1017
- For Covid patients w ARDS, according to a research letter published in the American Thoracic Society’s American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine; March, 2020:

https://www.contagionlive.com/news/is-facing-downward-better-for-the-lungs-in-patients-with-covid19
Investigators from China and Canada retrospectively reported on 12 COVID-19 patients with severe cases in order to document the effect of body positioning in fighting against acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), which some patients develop.

- From the American Association of Critical Care Nurses, January, 2019:

https://www.aacn.org/newsroom/icus-turn-to-prone-positioning-for-patients-with-ards
I just wonder why the doctor just didn't give him a c-pap or up his oxygen before asking if he wanted to go on a vent? Perhaps he just said it for ratings. Maybe to imply that he was oh so close to being one of those 80% that didn't recover from a vent.
This might help explain some things:

https://www.massgeneral.org/assets/...for-critically-ill-patients-with-COVID-19.pdf
Provided adequate resources are available, intubation is currently preferable to high-flow nasal canula or non-invasive positive pressure ventilation. There have been reports of rapid deterioration after the onset of hypoxemia. Therefore, an increasing oxygen requirement in any COVID-19 patient should prompt consideration of ICU transfer and intubation. The decision to intubate should be made early in order to facilitate deliberate planning, minimization of aerosol generation and in order to avoid the propagation of lung injury associated with large, spontaneously generated transpulmonary pressures.

I cannot comment on the show as I did not see it.

:confused: Other than for statistical purposes and to learn more about the potential links between Covid and this syndrome, what difference does it make? The symptoms are treated; there is no definitive treatment/cure for either Kawasaki or Covid so I don’t understand the comment about him getting the “right” treatment.

The doctors didn't even know how to approach a treatment when all his organs were failing. Was it something cardiac, to go with cardiac methods? Once they determined he had COVID-19, they then knew to treat it with the Kawasaki anti-inflammatory treatments. Kawasaki type inflammation and COVID-19 weren't LINKED together before.

- ”Proning” for ARDS [Acute Reapiratory Distress Syndrome] has been around worldwide since well before 2002.

Yes, but it wasn't a protocol used for COVID-19. Ventilators were the standard approach, until it was tried at that hospital and they found it worked better than ventilators.

The doctors didn't even know how to approach a treatment when all his organs were failing. Was it something cardiac, to go with cardiac methods? Once they determined he had COVID-19, they then knew to treat it with the Kawasaki anti-inflammatory treatments. Kawasaki type inflammation and COVID-19 weren't LINKED together before.
You are not giving doctors enough credit. They are doing a great job of taking care of whatever problems come up in these patients. I am seeing this firsthand. Sometimes what you read, and firsthand, are two different things.
Yes, but it wasn't a protocol used for COVID-19. Ventilators were the standard approach, until it was tried at that hospital and they found it worked better than ventilators.
That's not true. They were doing it in China and European countries for Covid patients before it even hit the US.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter