To Owner's Locker or Not - Does the cost make sense?

We looked at getting owner's locker when we first bought in 2011, but since we drive every time, and have a van, we just bring everything we need. But we pack a LOT, like everything but the kitchen sink. DH took his first trip in March, where he flew, and he really missed a lot of the 'stuff' we bring. So, if we every had to switch to flying, or driving a smaller vehicle, or just decide we dont' want to drag all the stuff with us, we'd definitely consider an OL.
IF we had one, I'd include the Keurig (I bring one every trip,) ponchos, shoes we only wear at Disney, (like Crocs,) extra beach towels, ziploc bags, small tupperware (for Epcot festivals,) power strips, Disney themed clothes, scissors, maybe extra blanket, assorted kitchen items, just all kinds of stuff. After we get rid of the van next year (I hate driving that tank around town here,) we may consider OL

That's definitely one of my favorite things about it! Right up there with the 2-5 minute walk to your car in the lot. And, as my friend says, you're always first in line for takeoff at ACY.

For the short flights to Florida, you can't beat it.

The convenience is more than worth the cost to me. Justifying it based on baggage fees or other expenses you may save on is understandable, but ultimately it's a small price to pay to have a box of all your stuff waiting for you every time. Not to mention having Gain detergent, hair ties, sunscreen, log cabin syrup (the "natural" stuff that comes with the breakfast platters is terrible these days!), salt&pepper shakers, stepson's GameCube, and all kinds of other random things we use every time and don't have to (or can't) carry through the airport or fit in a suitcase.

If you do want to consider potential cost savings, it's $27.50 per delivery. DW has twice forgotten her phone charger in the past few years, and the extra lightning cable in the purple bin offset the cost of that one emergency purchase lol.

I have looked at it a few times and I'd love to make it work, to avoid paying for bag fees and take with me a large bag on an intercontinental flight every time. Unfortunately Universal doesn't allow pickups or deliveries at their hotels anymore and this is a deal breaker, as I always end a trip at Universal.
If you have a rental car, Owner's Locker is on the way from the airport and you can pick up your locker and take it back on the return trip to the airport.

Just a consideration since Universal no longer allows deliveries.

We've had an Owner's Locker for over 5 years and love it even though we drive almost all the time. So much easier to have all the essentials just delivered when you need them. Main things I love having is my Brita water pitcher and my house slippers. We usually make 2 trips a year, sometimes 3.

I keep a mini pharmacy in there. And when one of the children traveling with us came down with a cold - Yes they were tested for COVID; it was negative- It was nice to make them comfortable in the middle of the night without someone having to drive over to Walmart which is not 24 hours at the moment. Also moleskine for two of the adults who developed hideous blisters. I just started my third owner's locker in anticipation of my grandson beginning to travel with us and needing to bring a pail and shovel, beachball and all those other fun things that a child truly enjoys.
I keep extra bowls to hold fruit and oil essence burners that work off of USB I keep extra mice for our computers because we often come down and work while we're there so that we can come more often. I keep my special DVC robe in there. We keep a set of heavier clothes in case we're here in the off season when it's chilly. Swim goggles, bathing suits, pool shoes. I keep lucite containers so that I can organize everything in the bathroom and not have it spread out all over the counters. They're wonderful things for a very small price to pay considering the overall cost of vacation.

Last edited:

On our most recent trip, in June, we added a lightweight Disney blanket so I can sit on the couch and read without freezing!

My MVP item! The Disney blanket from the Orlando outlet mall. It was tough giving up my robe for it, but it has been in constant use.

Checking bags is a nightmare at my home airport and MCO is all over the place, especially lately. Owner's Locker is worth it to me to avoid checking anything.

I can think of a lot of reasons I might talk a family out of an Owner's Locker when it isn't a good fit, but the cost wouldn't be one of them.

I found the lockers for my DVC crazed wife, who was initially against then. But she dove in. We just returned from OKW and used our locker for the first time. She really liked having it as her nightstand, packing it with a small griddle, crocs, flops, spare shaver, razor, liquor, meds, toiletries, etc. was a nice bonus :)

Something else that might sell someone on a locker, we don't check any bags, but I like to have a straight razor, which cannot be brought on a plane. We did check bags for this first "locker" trip, so we could stock the box with some items we didn't want to purchase from Publix.

I travel fairly often for work - watch the George Clooney movie Up in the Air. You'll see how precious the space in your carry-on is and how efficient travelers operate. Because I don't wear them elsewhere, usually, I could actually get a second locker, fill it with Disney clothes and travel with nothing more than a small backpack. (just don't want to do laundry at DW, but that might change).

Here now and very happy to have our OL. We flew instead of driving, and it was so nice to pack just the clothes we needed and a couple of bags of coffee into one checked size and one carryon bag. We have all the necessities (our favorite shampoo, toothpaste, electric toothbrush, overdoor hooks and towel racks, laundry pods) as well as some luxuries (spices and seasonings for scrambled eggs) to enjoy our stay. The cost of the OL is worth it just to not have to wrangle the extra suitcase we’d have needed to bring!

We have had the OL since it rolled out. We use it for special items for our vacation - Disney coffee mugs, Disney glasses, a mini Keurig, coffee filters, cords, cables, ziplock bags, bubble bath, cooking items, etc. as well as rain ponchos.

I have a combo backpack cooler I bought way back when that I leave in there for the daily trips to the parks.

When our kids were small, we would have some kids toys, coloring books, Xmas lights (when we went in December), inflatable bed, sleeping bag, etc. The kids got too big & now I need a 2BR. We used to put my youngest in the closet in the inflatable bed when he was little (we told him it ws his "bedroom"). He's 6"2 now, so 2BR became a necessity.

As they got older, we pivoted away from the toys and had them leave things of their own in there. My son still writes himself a note about his trip & leaves it in there - it's the first thing he looks for when we get it (we only go every 2 years now).

I leave more booze in there now. A bottle of Tito's and a 10-year Rip Van Winkle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts