To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Is it too late to change my answer? Can I say 1:32:59? ;)

giphy.gif

(j/k)

Is it too late to change my answer? Can I say 1:32:59? ;)

giphy.gif

(j/k)

Yes, you can change your answer if you’d like. By rules, up until Friday morning. Did you actually want to, or was it truly a “just kidding”? I mean she partially chose her guess based on where myself and @JAMIESMITH guessed. Because then it kind of blocks our ability to easily catch her. Then again, you choosing the exact same time (1:32:59) as @JAMIESMITH guarantees you won’t gain ground on her. Something to consider.

Yes, you can change your answer if you’d like. By rules, up until Friday morning. Did you actually want to, or was it truly a “just kidding”? I mean she partially chose her guess based on where myself and @JAMIESMITH guessed. Because then it kind of blocks our ability to easily catch her. Then again, you choosing the exact same time (1:32:59) as @JAMIESMITH guarantees you won’t gain ground on her. Something to consider.

Yes I was kidding. It's just a game in the end, we're doing this for fun :) I wanted to tease G a little bit that's all, since she's the one to beat.

Late to the game so no chance of “winning” but I’m going to go with 1:34:25.

Now off to go back and read about what all your data means and try to understand it 🤣

Good news is that last night's 3 x 1 mile with 2 min RI went well. Average pace of 6:33.

Bad news is that the "slight" chance of precipitation has turned into a forecasted 3-9 inches of heavy wet snow Friday into Saturday (race on Sunday). The temps are still almost too warm for snow, and the temps have been relatively higher lately so maybe it doesn't stick well. But even 3 inches is going to eventually stick to the road. Race day temps have also dropped from the mid-30s to the mid-20s.

I won't worry about it too much as it's out of my control. But if the road/sidewalks here look still fairly snow covered come Sunday morning, then I may just skip the race.

Race director just updated and said they won’t cancel the race for snow (wouldn’t expect they would necessarily) but they do have an approved back up course 100% on roads and the city will prioritize plowing it. That’s why I’ve always liked this race director because he always seems to have back up plans and good relationships with the local communities.

Finally read your trip report! You did a great job. It was so fun to read. I love the pic of you facing the castle. Will G be writing a race recap?

I’m sorry you got COVID but am glad it happened at the end of the trip. I’m jealous of your body battery. Mine was like 5 the entire weekend.

It was a joy to meet you and G! I’ll have to start working on that Tomatoa costume…

here’s some of the pics of us!

D9EF26E7-72B5-4409-8A36-D33D5C1B556B.jpeg
B23216A8-523A-4AFB-93B6-D4FF93D668B9.jpeg

Finally read your trip report! You did a great job. It was so fun to read. I love the pic of you facing the castle.

Thanks!

Will G be writing a race recap?

That was the original plan. But then getting COVID derailed things. By the time I was out of isolation it had been over 1.5 weeks since the race and she just didn't remember everything all that well. But we've got a few races in May/June that she'll be sure to recap.

I’m sorry you got COVID but am glad it happened at the end of the trip.

Agreed.

I’m jealous of your body battery. Mine was like 5 the entire weekend.

Thanks! I'm curious what my body battery would have looked like in the past, but I don't have that data. But these days I usually hover around the 30-80 area and my Monday off gets me to 100.

It was a joy to meet you and G! I’ll have to start working on that Tomatoa costume…

For sure. It's such a great idea!

here’s some of the pics of us!

I will not board your boat!

Alright, we're currently forecasted for 3-7 inches in the race area. Feels like temps of 24-31F, sunny, and no wind. He posted the alternate routes, and now that I'm looking at it I'm pretty sure this is the same route we had to run in 2014. It's about 50% bike path and 50% road for the HM. The 5k/10k is 100% road. He says the DNR doesn't plow the path, but that the city is going to try and finish up the roads then get someone to do the path for us. No guarantees though.

So here's my plan. First, ensure the roads are safe to drive the hour to get there. Second, upon arriving I'll do a warm-up on the bike path to see how clear it'll be for the race. If I don't like the conditions, then I'll check out the road 10k course. Based on the two, I'll choose which race I want to do, and if it's the 10k, then I'll just inform the RD I'm dropping down distance.

So with that, on the chance I run the 10k, I need the guesses for the following (and anyone else that still wants to play):

Contingency 10k guesses:

38:25 - @FFigawi
41:00 - Me
41:43 - G
41:45 - @eminemilie
42:10 - @Jules76126
42:24 - @MissLiss279
42:50 - @azrivest
43:19 - @Naomeri
43:21 - @flav
43:36 - @JAMIESMITH

@bovie

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter