To EMH or Not????????

Minnie

DIS Veteran
For those of you that have gone to WDW since the new EMH am/pm change how has it been? Would you choose to go to EMH or avoid those parks?

We are going this summer and trying to finalize plans.

Thanks!

If you have the hopper option....definitely EMH. I'd choose the morning EMH, seems from the feedback that you can get alot done especially at MK. People love slepping in more than getting up early to hit the parks....

If you don't have the hopper....Avoid them at all costs. We are on the base ticket and also going this July, We will not be doinf Emh. But that's just my opininon...;)

I'll comment on the evening EMH.

We went in January and the evening EMH were great. though a little crowded, especially at MK and EPCOT. AK was great and MGM just doesn't have enough to do.

Went again the first 2 weeks of May and OMG. MK and EPCOT were both as if the park never closed. Had to use fast pass and the standby lines for TT and SOARin were worse than during the day. AK again was still great. Got bored at MGM.

Going in July and will by ALL MEANS skip evening EMH. since we are staying at the BC, to do plan EPCOT evening EMH, but will be at Soarin' and TT during illuminations. There was a 60 minute wait for Soarin in May, so I can't imagine what it will be in July. Will plan to do other parks at night during MK and MGM evening EMH. (Won't be there during AK's evening EMH).

When we return in September, we will go to all of the EMH, since this is a slower time of year, the parks (MK) closes early to the public, this will be doeable.

October trip, that will be hit or miss. Will play it by ear.

One more trip planned for 4 nights early December--haven't decided yet about EMH.

Let me said that you will be surprised how little the park empty. Makes you look around and say, wow, all of these people are staying on property!

We LOVED EMH - we went for the MK evening one and did everything we wanted and more in those 3 hours. Matter of fact, we had decided to not do MK at all this trip but opted to because of that - we got there as Wishes started, saw Wishes, grabbed our bracelet, and circled the entire park riding everything we wanted to (and some we usually don't ride!). We walked on everything.

Def a great perk =)

n2mm,

We'll be heading out in early January, when the crowds are supposed to be very low. Do you think the evening EMH will be easier to handle then?

Aimeedyan said:
We LOVED EMH - we went for the MK evening one and did everything we wanted and more in those 3 hours. Matter of fact, we had decided to not do MK at all this trip but opted to because of that - we got there as Wishes started, saw Wishes, grabbed our bracelet, and circled the entire park riding everything we wanted to (and some we usually don't ride!). We walked on everything.

Def a great perk =)

Just curious, what was the date of your trip?

We went during the last (busy this year) week of April. My parents were along for the first 3 days of our trip and really wanted to do Animal Kingdom. We were there before open on an evening EMH day. The first two hours were fantastic, but by 11am we could barely move around the park. We did EMH morning at Magic Kingdom the last full day of our trip. Again, the first hour was incredible, the second hour the crowds were already building and by 11am we could barely walk around Fantasyland and Toontown. We had much more luck with Magic Kingdom on regular entry days just by getting there before open. We'd have 2 hours of low crowds rather than just one hour on the EMH. We intentionally did our big days at Epcot and MGM on the days between their EMH and had wonderful luck with low early crowds.

Benjo said:
n2mm,

We'll be heading out in early January, when the crowds are supposed to be very low. Do you think the evening EMH will be easier to handle then?

I think you will be OK and it shouldn't be a problem on either side. We were there during MLK week and we enjoyed ourselves. We never found any of the parks to be very busy, considering this is suppose to be the busiest time during January. EMH/evening was only a couple of weeks old, so maybe alot of folks were unaware. Here's a tip: Make a PS at the park that has evening EMH if you plan to stay. We did this at MGM and ate at the 50s PT, by the time we were done, the park was closed. We do the same for MK also. Another tip: buy a cheap pair of scissors, getting those evening wristbands off can be a pain. I picked up a pair of children's scissors at Walmart for .99 and pack them in my checked luggage. Glad we did.

Wow, you all have really given me something to think about. We will have hoppers and Aps in our party so we would be fine with doing EMH morning and then hopping. It was the EMH evening that I was really wondering about. It seems as if that should be avoided during our trip (mid July).

I have PS made for EMH evenings so it looks like I need to make some changes.

We did both morning and evening EMH. MK evening EMH and Epcot morning EMH was worth it. Even though we saw crowds, the lines moved quickly. There's something special about MK in the evening. If you have a hopper pass why not do EMH at night? At the busier parks just do the rides you love unless you have other arrangements.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter