To drop rope drop or not?

jenniferahardin87

Earning My Ears
I've always rope dropped every prior Disney Trip, but not sure if i feel like getting 4 kids up and ready early on this vacation.
Would also like to experience the park after dark & stay for night time shows without getting burned out in the afternoon & leaving.

I'm doing DHS October 7th - will i be missing out on a lot by not doing rope drops? any ideas or tips for a later start? willing to pay for rides using genie plus if it's an option, but who knows if it will be by then

I've always rope dropped every prior Disney Trip, but not sure if i feel like getting 4 kids up and ready early on this vacation.
Would also like to experience the park after dark & stay for night time shows without getting burned out in the afternoon & leaving.

I'm doing DHS October 7th - will i be missing out on a lot by not doing rope drops? any ideas or tips for a later start? willing to pay for rides using genie plus if it's an option, but who knows if it will be by then
I kinda feel G+ will be available given today's RotR news of dropping/pausing virtual queue. But still no official info on G+.

I think with RotR getting the stand by line, lines for other rides are going to be shorter throughout the day, so sleeping in will probably be fine, just keep an eye on ride times in the app a few times throughout the day after Sept 23rd up to your trip arrival just to have an idea of crowd trends and know when a good arrival time would be and where you may want to start your day

To me it will depend if Genie is active by your trip or not. Personally, if you're staying onsite and Genie is not yet available, I would say it would be worth it for sure as Disney Resort guests will be allowed into the park 30 mins before non-Resort guests. If staying off site then no, I would not be as concerned about rope drop although it is still beneficial, pre-Genie days.

If Genie is available by your trip then I honestly don't know as there are so many unknowns about it and how it will affect crowds. I would watch these boards carefully for the announcement then if it comes out before your trip, look for what's happening in trends once it's being used.

Not a very clear answer but honestly, everything we know about touring WDW is about to change and yet we know so few details that it's hard to know what those changes will actually be.

I’ve nearly ruined days before over planning mornings and exhausting everyone. Genie + feels like a gift at this point. Not going to push early mornings with 2 teens and 2 twenty somethings. They can decide when they want to get up and go.

I’ve nearly ruined days before over planning mornings and exhausting everyone. Genie + feels like a gift at this point. Not going to push early mornings with 2 teens and 2 twenty somethings. They can decide when they want to get up and go.
My husband still refers to one trip we took as The Disney Death March. We’ve adjusted our expectations to consider Disney as a vacation. We think it is more enjoyable to do what you feel like doing rather than thinking you need to cram it all in. YMMV

My husband still refers to one trip we took as The Disney Death March. We’ve adjusted our expectations to consider Disney as a vacation. We think it is more enjoyable to do what you feel like doing rather than thinking you need to cram it all in. YMMV
I may have to steal Disney Death March, as in “I’m not doing the DDM today. You guys go ahead”

Another comment....we tend to rope drop early in our trip when we're fresh and excited and later in the trip we consider it a success if we enter a park by noon!
Lol, on our Disneyland trip last month, we did 3 park days. We all got up bright and early day 1. Day 2, it was just my 6yo daughter and I, third day, this was several days later even, I'm the only one getting up for rope drop. They arrived at 2pm. 🤣🤣

It was fine though, I got to do the more exciting rides my daughter will enjoy in a few years, but not now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter